They are testing all the barges water effects in Epcot

Agree, they need a lot more water to hide them. Still ruined a beautiful view.
To make up for this, it needs to be an amazing night time show.
Sinking them to the bottom of the lake would be a vast improvement. Plenty of water there to cover up these eyesores. Whoever thought that these were a good idea should be forced to ride IASW repeatedly for an entire day.

My husband and I really hated the way these huge "things" block the views of the other buildings. We were kind of shocked the executives thought this was a good idea!? Epcot had an amazing vibe especially at night. The pictures don't even show how bad it is when you walk around. It has totally killed the ambiance. I really don't think an outstanding fire work show can fix it. This was a very, very bad decision by someone or someones. My guess, a very costly mistake. I'm not sure what is going on lately, but seems like so much is just bad decisions making on Disney's end. I really hope with time, some things improve.

Sinking them to the bottom of the lake would be a vast improvement. Plenty of water there to cover up these eyesores. Whoever thought that these were a good idea should be forced to ride IASW repeatedly for an entire day.
I vote Jii instead. while it doesn't have the song that lasts forever, its a much more painful ride to experience.

They look like sea monsters from some low budget sci-fi movie LOL. Makes you wonder if some of the people designing these things have ever actually been at Epcot.

Stunningly, shockingly awful! o_O Do any of those barges remain in the middle of the lake all day long?!? Will they skulk back to a cave after the show and let you see the beautifully lit countries across the lake? Please say the post-fireworks views are not spoiled.

Stunningly, shockingly awful! o_O Do any of those barges remain in the middle of the lake all day long?!? Will they skulk back to a cave after the show and let you see the beautifully lit countries across the lake? Please say the post-fireworks views are not spoiled.

As I understand it they will remain out there all the time. They are supposed to put on a fountain show during the day but seeing them running hopefully it will be more then that to help hide how huge and distracting they are.

They are permanent. In the artwork they are fairly well covered by fountains but it remains to be seen if they will actually do that.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be neat if they covered the outside with mirrors? I'm sure there is some logistical or engineering reason why they can't, but that would be interesting to look at and not such an eyesore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter