"There must be more than this provincial life..."

I swear you're getting funnier with each update.

And I ask you, is it wrong to feed your kids generic brand cereal? To re-use aluminum foil? To steal extra shampoo from the mousekeeping cart?
No, no, and not really.

To buy your pregnancy tests at the dollar store?
Wrong? No. Cheap? You betcha.

Please don’t get all outraged and post about child labor laws. I’ve stopped making them chop firewood, and I rarely ask them to drive to town to get me cigarettes anymore, O.K.?
What's wrong with that?

DD13 and I were shopping in the GF one time, and she came up and whispered, “Mom, this is the same stuff we have in the shop at our hotel, but why does it feel like it is more expensive? Let’s just go back to our hotel, like the good little rednecks we are.” That’s my girl!
So, it's hereditary.

Then, out came the raccoons. (DO NOT read on if you have a weak stomach, or are a member of PETA). Driving on backroads in the middle of the night, I swear I hit seven raccoons on the road this year. It was disgusting, and I made a mental note to get out and make sure we didn’t have roadkill stuck to the front of the van before the girls got out.
Okay...:rotfl:
This is one hilarious visual you planted in my head. You, terrified 95-year-old woman, gripping the wheel and your teeth as the sound of splattering raccoons hit the grill while your family dozes peacefully in the back.

Took a few deep breaths, and maybe let out a little scream of relief. I felt better, and DH had the usual talk with the girls about how Mama is a little crazy, but that’s O.K. because we love her, yadda, yadda, yadda. He has to do that once in a while.
Did he do The Talk before or after cleaning off the van's grill?

One time we were at a gas station (EEWWW!) and I was doing my obsessive-compulsive cleaning thing, and another lady came in. I told her the other stalls were open, but she said no, she wanted to wait and use ours since she knew it would be clean.
:lmao:

I'm absolutely LOVING your TR!! :thumbsup2:rotfl::woohoo:

Can't wait for the rest. :rolleyes1 Don't keep us waiting too long!

Kristen

Well I'm all caught up and loving your TR! The "driving the van in the rain in the middle of the night" story brought back flashbacks. :scared1: on the last minute travel companions, but :cool1: that they were ok with not having you cancel all your hard earned ressies.

Looking foward to more!

Oh I've done that driving down south while it's raining cats and dogs things myself too. Only our wipers malfunctioned. THey stopped mid air. I had to drive on the shoulder with my head out the open window.

I get bladder infections too. Once you've had a few-you just know it. You don't need to waste the doctor's time with an appointment. Silly nurse. Is it wrong to wish one on her?

I love your report! Love it. Not sure if its the opening scene (this is playing like a movie in my head) or the scene with racoons :lmao: Or maybe it is the look of disbelief with you brother and SIL. I got it! Its the whole thing:cool1::cool1:

I'm absolutely LOVING your TR!! :thumbsup2:rotfl::woohoo:

Can't wait for the rest. :rolleyes1 Don't keep us waiting too long!

Kristen

:welcome:

So glad to have you here! I'm working on an update, but life keeps interfering. We're off to Columbus for a funeral this weekend, but more next week, I promise. Thanks for reading!

Well I'm all caught up and loving your TR! The "driving the van in the rain in the middle of the night" story brought back flashbacks. :scared1: on the last minute travel companions, but :cool1: that they were ok with not having you cancel all your hard earned ressies.

Looking foward to more!

Holy Toledo, GB is here! :welcome: I'll keep writing if YOU keep writing!!!

Oh I've done that driving down south while it's raining cats and dogs things myself too. Only our wipers malfunctioned. THey stopped mid air. I had to drive on the shoulder with my head out the open window.

I get bladder infections too. Once you've had a few-you just know it. You don't need to waste the doctor's time with an appointment. Silly nurse. Is it wrong to wish one on her?

Not wrong at all. If I'm ever really wishing someone gets what they deserve, I always make sure it's something not serious and treatable with antibiotics. :maleficen

And driving with your head out the window? In the rain? Priceless.

I love your report! Love it. Not sure if its the opening scene (this is playing like a movie in my head) or the scene with racoons :lmao: Or maybe it is the look of disbelief with you brother and SIL. I got it! Its the whole thing:cool1::cool1:

:welcome: I can't claim no animals were harmed in the making of this trip report, because they just went SPLAT! Thanks for reading along!

Oh good - when I started reading, I worried that maybe I was late. Like, too late. That all the good stuff was said and reported and I'd just be left feeling sad at the end that I'd missed out on yet another great TR. :guilty:

Nope. You're on a roll and this is flipping FANtastic! :banana::banana::banana: I had all sorts of things to quote yesterday... but apparently that doesn't carry over overnight. D'OH! :headache: Sorry; I'm now subscribed and ready for action, though! :thumbsup2

Oh good - when I started reading, I worried that maybe I was late. Like, too late. That all the good stuff was said and reported and I'd just be left feeling sad at the end that I'd missed out on yet another great TR. :guilty:

Nope. You're on a roll and this is flipping FANtastic! :banana::banana::banana: I had all sorts of things to quote yesterday... but apparently that doesn't carry over overnight. D'OH! :headache: Sorry; I'm now subscribed and ready for action, though! :thumbsup2

Thank you for coming to the dark side.

You know, if they'd just quit giving me WORK to do (yeah, like that matters) I could get my updates done. Still, thanks everyone for reading and I promise a post soon!

I'm glad you discovered this too. Normangirls is one funny chick.

Still, thanks everyone for reading and I promise a post soon!
Man, you're worse than me about posting. I just updated, so it's your turn. Let's go!

just found your TR and really enjoying it!!! Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

Aim

just found your TR and really enjoying it!!! Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

Aim

Thanks for the positive reinforcement, and welcome!

I'm glad you discovered this too. Normangirls is one funny chick.

Man, you're worse than me about posting. I just updated, so it's your turn. Let's go!

Hmmm, should I write an update, or read yours? Sorry, but I'm just a girl who can't say no to a good truck school report. Maybe I'll write tomorrow.

Normangirls, you are a hoot.....which means Hucifer was right......which leaves me a little muddled.

Nevertheless, great TR....I'd insert a popcorn muncher here but I had a bad experience with a smilie as a child. Don't ask....too painful.

Normangirls, you are a hoot.....which means Hucifer was right......which leaves me a little muddled.

Nevertheless, great TR....I'd insert a popcorn muncher here but I had a bad experience with a smilie as a child. Don't ask....too painful.

But I have to ask. Is it just popcorn? What about sweet corn? Creamed corn? Corn bread? Caramel corn? Just trying to make sure I stay away from painful subjects.

But I have to ask. Is it just popcorn? What about sweet corn? Creamed corn? Corn bread? Caramel corn? Just trying to make sure I stay away from painful subjects.

Thank you for your kind concern. However, it's not about the popcorn....it's smiley faces in general. Ever since....the incident, I am incapable of using emoticons. Ironically, I also have issues with creamed corn....but that's another story all together.

Thank you for your kind concern. However, it's not about the popcorn....it's smiley faces in general. Ever since....the incident, I am incapable of using emoticons. Ironically, I also have issues with creamed corn....but that's another story all together.

:rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!

Yes, PPA is one strange bird. Also, try to ignore the emoticon in his signature. :rolleyes1

Missy, still waiting on your next update!

I have no recollection of how that emoticon got there.....and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it Hucifer, why don't you give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice on it?

p.s. Hucifer is right about one thing....we are still waiting for that next update.....Missy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter