There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning from the YC :)

Arrived in the middle of the night, it was so very quiet, serene & peaceful.

Our trip on the ME (with the worlds slowest driver - who appeared awkward with controlling the bus) took almost as long as our flight down from Toronto! We landed at 11:48pm, were at the ME by 12:20 luggage in hand... got to the YC at 1:55am O_O

Our room is spotless & very pretty. But it is at the far far far end of the 4th floor near the Beach Club. Quite the hike to the elevators! We had been given a King room originally at check in but the CM looked at my adult DD & I, laughed and said he'd find us a 2 queen bed room before we could even ask. I'm going to head to the lobby to ask if there is anything closer to the lobby available in a bit. Not holding out much hope with the Villains Unleashed event at HS tomorrow evening. But it can't hurt to ask, right? lol

Time for breakfast.. will update as we go!

Missing my GS... but sooooooo happy to be here! ;)

Are you right next to the "secret" exit door that empties out very near the lobby? I love that side!! But we tend to take the stairs a lot, not the elevator.

This is the first time staying at a villa and I am trying to prepare everything. Can anyone help me out with a grocery service that delivers to the Beach club villas? I have heard of garden grocer, but have not heard how their service is. I am just trying to order the basics like milk, OJ, etc. Any help would be great. I am almost finished packing the suitcases and we are so excited about this trip :cool1: I will be living off everyone's trip reports right now :)

Our family just got back last night after spending 8 wonderful days at the Beach Club! The stay was top notch from the point of checking in (a wonderful surprise of a pool view room instead of a parking lot view) to the day we left. The resort is beautiful, it quickly became our favorite and we all instantly fell in love!! On our ride home, from the airport, my 8 yr old DS started crying because he wanted to go back and we somewhat comforted him by saying we're going to WDW in a year and a half and maybe we can stay at the Beach Club again. During our stay everyone seemed to be very polite despite the heat and humidity and we didn't seem to encounter any rudeness in the parks.

Thank you Beach Club staff for making this a vacation that we will always remember!!!!

Glad you had a great trip!!!

:goodvibes

However, neither the bike strollers or rolling coolers came close to this major shocker, our family was waiting for the MSEP, near Frontierland, and a mom dropped her two DD's (probably 6 & 8ish) by us JUST before the parade started and told them to stand here to watch the parade and I'll come back to get you when it is done :confused3! My DH and I tried watching to see where she went but she disappeared! I sure hope they found each other after the end of the parade chaos!

Unfortunately, this story doesn't shock me. Here is the post from my Hijinks trip report where a mom abandoned two of her kids in line at Winnie the Pooh:

Mother of the Year Award Goes to...

:sad2:

Hi everyone!!! My first stay at YC is a week from today!!!! I can't wait!!! :)

Sent from my LG-G2

Hi everyone!!! My first stay at YC is a week from today!!! We'll be staying there the night before our Western Caribbean cruise!! I can't wait!!! :)

Sent from my LG-G2

This is the first time staying at a villa and I am trying to prepare everything. Can anyone help me out with a grocery service that delivers to the Beach club villas? I have heard of garden grocer, but have not heard how their service is. I am just trying to order the basics like milk, OJ, etc. Any help would be great. I am almost finished packing the suitcases and we are so excited about this trip :cool1: I will be living off everyone's trip reports right now :)

I've used Garden Grocer three times now and I'm really happy with them. I can definitely recommend them. Have a great trip!

Natebenma - Thank you for the locker pictures. That is just what we need!

Teena - congrats on your award!!:thumbsup2

Hope you got to see those fireworks. Now use the back stair-case (secret entrance), go sit on one of the park benches and watch them. It's really magical. Love the location of the room you have, it's my favorite other than the last one we had which was at the end of that hall you are in (4th floor though) directly looking at the the dock, Boardwalk and the lighthouse. I hope the rest of your stay goes well. I would like to hear your comparison of YC and AKL. Haven't stayed there yet as it's hard to leave my home resort.

Katesdad

We actually loved our stay at AKL. We had a pool view booked but were upgraded to Savanna View. pixiedust: We travelled first part of the trip with my parents and my sister's family. She has two little ones (5y/o and 2y/o) so naturally they loved watching the animals. The pool at AKL was also great although it's not Stormalong Bay. Our room was very clean and immaculate and house keeping was accommodating. The staff was very, very friendly to the kids and we would definitely return to AKL. However, DS still likes BC/YC a bit better due to Stormalong Bay. DS said, "It's a tough choice between AKL and BC/YC. BC/YC has the best pool, and AKL has best restaurant, Jiko." :thumbsup2

We had planned to go to DHS after our dinner last night to see Frozen Fireworks but the rain cloud rolled in with lightening and thunder around 8pm so we decided to just come back to the room and rest up. As we were getting ready for early night, we saw Illuminations from our room. We could actually hear the music also. Another hot day here. We went to MK and actually decided to take the bus. We were at the bus stop around 8:10 and the bus didn't show up until 8:30. The bus was full :crowded:at YC so didn't stop by BC, went straight to MK. We missed the rope drop but rode Space Mt, Buzz Lightyear, Seven Dwarves, Little Mermaid, Splash Mt, Thunder Mt, PoC, Haunted Mansion before 11:30. We had FP booked for BOG. When we got there at 11:40, BOG wasn't taking any standby and had a sigh out saying that they at full at capacity. After lunch, we came out and yet waited another 20 minutes before the bus showed up. :crazy2: YC/BC were the only one at the bus stop with line. I think, I'm just going to drive the rest of the trip. :drive: We are going to spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool and go to Epcot in the evening.

We have used wegoshop.com 7 times and I highly recommend them. Both are reputable services and each has their fans.
Garden Grocer has a minimum order - $40 I think - if that matters. wegoshop does not have a minimum order
Good Luck

Left Northern New Jersey yesterday for our drive down at 3:45AM, we arrived at Pop Century at 9:19PM 1195 miles door to door. Checked out of Pop and into the Yacht Club, we then visited a school for my son. Now we can start our vacation.

Our first stay at the Yacht Club, and the kids (DS16, DD11) both enjoyed SB this afternoon.

We actually loved our stay at AKL. We had a pool view booked but were upgraded to Savanna View. pixiedust: We travelled first part of the trip with my parents and my sister's family. She has two little ones (5y/o and 2y/o) so naturally they loved watching the animals. The pool at AKL was also great although it's not Stormalong Bay. Our room was very clean and immaculate and house keeping was accommodating. The staff was very, very friendly to the kids and we would definitely return to AKL. However, DS still likes BC/YC a bit better due to Stormalong Bay. DS said, "It's a tough choice between AKL and BC/YC. BC/YC has the best pool, and AKL has best restaurant, Jiko." :thumbsup2 We had planned to go to DHS after our dinner last night to see Frozen Fireworks but the rain cloud rolled in with lightening and thunder around 8pm so we decided to just come back to the room and rest up. As we were getting ready for early night, we saw Illuminations from our room. We could actually hear the music also. Another hot day here. We went to MK and actually decided to take the bus. We were at the bus stop around 8:10 and the bus didn't show up until 8:30. The bus was full :crowded:at YC so didn't stop by BC, went straight to MK. We missed the rope drop but rode Space Mt, Buzz Lightyear, Seven Dwarves, Little Mermaid, Splash Mt, Thunder Mt, PoC, Haunted Mansion before 11:30. We had FP booked for BOG. When we got there at 11:40, BOG wasn't taking any standby and had a sigh out saying that they at full at capacity. After lunch, we came out and yet waited another 20 minutes before the bus showed up. :crazy2: YC/BC were the only one at the bus stop with line. I think, I'm just going to drive the rest of the trip. :drive: We are going to spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool and go to Epcot in the evening.
buses to mk are so bad that I actually complained to front desk today. And I do not complain, the cast mate told me to write it on survey and then suggested I walk thru Epcot to get to monorail. Ugh

So I have a new favorite resort! Just came back from our first stay at the Beach Club from Aug. 12-21st. We really enjoyed SAB, the short walk to Epcot, and the overall vibe of the resort. We did have a bump in our vacation due to the club level lounge construction. On the 6th day of our stay, and our rest/sleep-in day no less, we awoke at 8:00 am to hammering that was quickly followed by deafening drilling above our heads. We had to move rooms as we were told the noise would affect the rest of our stay. Although it was a pain to have to move mid-stay, I'm glad they fixed our problem quickly. All in all, I loved BC and can't wait to go back. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

i would love a large balcony for my first stay at BC. Is there one room type that has more? can you request them? Anything to do to improve chances? Does anyone have pictures to show how big? I'm obsessed with big balconies.

thanks

FINALLY found availability at YC for the night I was looking for! :cool1: Had to book two different views but hey, beggars and choosers ;) Yay for Disney site stalking lol! So, we'll be at YC Nov 8 & 9, after CSR from 1-7 :)

I booked a room only reservation for the Beach Club for mid October 2015. I'm hoping to get an AP discount once they come available. Right now we're booked in a standard view, but I know we might have to switch to get the discount. I'm really excited to be in the Epcot area during F&W! We stayed at YC back in 2008, but only for a few nights.

Any experience on AP discounts during F&W? Are they hard to cone by?

I booked a room only reservation for the Beach Club for mid October 2015. I'm hoping to get an AP discount once they come available. Right now we're booked in a standard view, but I know we might have to switch to get the discount. I'm really excited to be in the Epcot area during F&W! We stayed at YC back in 2008, but only for a few nights.

Any experience on AP discounts during F&W? Are they hard to cone by?

They are very hard to come by. You would be better off watching for the general public discount because the AP discount wasn't really any better than the GP discount this year. Everytime time I looked the Epcot resorts were unavailable for the AP discount. And since the gp discount comes out first, you have a better chance at getting it. We booked the gp discount for the YC back in May and those discounted rooms at both BC and YC have been gone for months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!