There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone! We will be staying at the Boardwalk this Friday night before our Disney Fantasy cruise and we are hoping to book the bounceback offer to stay at the Beach Club next August. I am trying to decide between a standard club level room and a deluxe club level room. We are a family of 5, my girls will be 17, 14, and 10 at the time we travel. I like the extra space of the deluxe rooms but I do not like that they are not on the same floor as the lounge. I am also surprised to read that some do not have full balconies. With the standard club level rooms, I like that they are all on the 5th floor but I know very few have the daybed which may mean having to get a rollaway. I also hate that they have roof top and parking lot views. For those who are familiar, which would you pick in our situation? Is the space in the deluxe room that much greater? Are the views that much better? Was it a pain not to be on the same floor as the lounge? Thanks in advance for your help!
We have stayed in both room types you mention and while the extra room was lovely we prefer to stay on the same floor as the lounge. I felt more comfortable allowing my older kids to go there alone knowing that we were on the same floor and found it easier to meet there at breakfast time when everyone was ready for the day. I also liked the ease of bringing the odd snack back to the room from the lounge and not having to deal with the lift to do so. I will add that our delux room did not have a full balcony and I am an much earlier riser than the rest of my crew so that may have coloured my opinion somewhat. Whichever you choose you will still have an enjoyable stay :goodvibes
So I was sipping my last drink before my trip to MCO at Crew Cup yesterday afternoon and I heard someone order a Sunken Treasure! I knew it had to be someone from this thread and low and behold it was my friend Ninja Mom! We then ran over to give Teena a quick hug. Scott walked into the lobby at that moment so while I missed the official meet ( and Dee) we had a mini meet:cool1:

It was great meeting you yesterday.. Sadly I was quickly immersed into reality today
So glad you got a mini meet in before reality bit :thumbsup2
So we are back from the meet. What a blast with a great group of people! We actually just got back from the after meet dinner. There are pictures and they will be posted but they are not on my camera.
Sounds like good times were had by all :banana:
Meet and dinner afterwards with 12 great friends was fantastic. Less fantastic was my drive home ... it took me over two hours to go 31 miles. So here I am up at 1:30 AM.

And tomorrow another mini-meet at the Southwest Terminal at the airport ... Rebecca, her Mom, Dee and I will all be there at the same time!!!!!

Off to bed.

Sorry you had such a hard drive home but glad you had fun with friends and more good times to come later today :goodvibes

Hi everyone! We are at the airport heading south!!! Woohoo!!!
I am so sorry I missed the dis meet but I know it was a blast and I can wait for pictures.

Teena are you working any this week or traveling?

Dee we are at AK this morning then not sure about evening. Tomorrow we are MK morning and Ep evening and Thursday HS.

Ill be at mk this morning. Breakfast at kouzzina at boardwalk. Mine train at 9:39 then Peter pan and big thunder fastpasses. Then nettie/yc fan and her son will join me for lunch at be our guest. Looking forward to the morning

I fly home tonight but should see teena at the airport.

So happy the meet was a hit and you were able to be there! Please give us a crowd report from this morning...we plan to be at MK rope drop one week from today.

I hope you packed a sweatshirt for the ride home. It's 49 degrees!!!:confused3
Safe travels.

Ill be at mk this morning. Breakfast at kouzzina at boardwalk. Mine train at 9:39 then Peter pan and big thunder fastpasses. Then nettie/yc fan and her son will join me for lunch at be our guest. Looking forward to the morning

I fly home tonight but should see teena at the airport.

Sounds great!! Glad you all had a great meet!! Safe travels home!!

~N

What a great time last night! I already had met Dee and Teena, but how great to add NinjaMom, HockeyMom, Nettie, Robyn, MommyRosa, TaraK, and JanetMom to the list! And what a great great to briefly meet Couchy as I was waiting for a cab to WL on Sunday night.
For us, it's pool time, Epcot, and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Cindy at her castle tomorrow.

Oh, and LOVING YC-CL.
Practically perfect in every way. For real.

At the airport had a blast a YC CL
Add me on to the Be Our Guest thread! Just booked the bounce back for October 17-20 at YC!!!!!!

Hi everyone! We are at the airport heading south!!! Woohoo!!!
I am so sorry I missed the dis meet but I know it was a blast and I can wait for pictures.

Teena are you working any this week or traveling?

Dee we are at AK this morning then not sure about evening. Tomorrow we are MK morning and Ep evening and Thursday HS.

I fly out to Jeanne's this afternoon and won't be back to work until 8/31.

Have a super time ... so sorry I'm going to miss you!

What a great time last night! I already had met Dee and Teena, but how great to add NinjaMom, HockeyMom, Nettie, Robyn, MommyRosa, TaraK, and JanetMom to the list! And what a great great to briefly meet Couchy as I was waiting for a cab to WL on Sunday night.
For us, it's pool time, Epcot, and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Cindy at her castle tomorrow.

Oh, and LOVING YC-CL.

Scott ... you put such a smile on my face. I miss you already! I want you to be on permanent vacation so I can look forward to talking to you every Sunday and Monday I work!!!

So glad you are enjoying your vacation. I hope your sister finds the epcot resorts to be wonderful as the vacation progresses.

Can anyone answer some minor questions about Beach Club for us?

1. Is the coffee maker a Keurig?

2. Is there turn down service in non-club rooms?

3. Are we given newspapers and if so which newspaper?

Morning, all! I planned to post an update, but was either distracted or having spotty internet issues. We did get a new room and the view is quite nice. We're overlooking the front of the resort and their were no service vehicles backing up at 5, so that was nice. I'm just happy I can plant myself somewhere for the next few days. We're supposed to move to POR our last night because of an unexpected change tongue flight plans. Debating whether I want to just see if we can add a day.

Besides the original view (and really, the service trucks waking me up at 5 was the real killer to that room), we've been really happy. Looking forward to our resort day tomorrow and just hanging out at the pool.

AliceIn, we did get a daybed. Yours might have been the post I was remembering. Having a rollaway seems ridiculously inconvenient.

So great to meet everyone. I wanted to stay longer, but knew my kids were squirrelly. We met up with friends at MK and stayed until park close, which I haven't done in a few decades, I think.

Morning, all! I planned to post an update, but was either distracted or having spotty internet issues. We did get a new room and the view is quite nice.

My first read of this I said AH! Already a NEW ROOM! And wanted to ask for pics of the renovated rooms. And then I realized you were the one moving to a different room for view.

Slow your roll Tara. :hyper: (me Tara, because my name is Tara too!)

Room renovations have not started. Only the CL lounge is being worked on at the present time.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much the delivery fee is here. I arrive next week and I'm trying to price out if it is worth it to have water delivered. I am not looking to spend my time walking to a mini mart gas station either though. TIA!

Hey deledger...... Here is a copy and paste from first page. More info there.

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?

The Yacht & Beach Club is a Convention resort so items that are shipped their by UPS or FedEx will be delivered to the convention mailing center and will be subject to a charge based on the weight of the item.

Because of this, it is often better to send items directly to resort via United States Postal Service (see instructions in the Other Useful Info Post)

I'm still working on this, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method???

Beach Club Marketplace, Dasani 24 pack, $16- need confirmation (no delivery fee)

Hess Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

Delivery Options:
Turner Drug, (407) 828-8125 - Cost? Delivery Fee?***
Staples- Cost? Delivery Fee? To front desk or convention center?
Garden Grocer- Cost? Minimum order required - See more at: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51446112&postcount=13#sthash.rBEZ6MGN.dpuf

Room renovations have not started. Only the CL lounge is being worked on at the present time.

Thanks Teena, I just got a little overly excited :upsidedow I check in 10/3 with standard view and I am hoping for one of the current rooms! But I know they start on the top floors where most standard view are so it will be a toss up. *crosses fingers

Thanks Teena, I just got a little overly excited :upsidedow I check in 10/3 with standard view and I am hoping for one of the current rooms! But I know they start on the top floors where most standard view are so it will be a toss up. *crosses fingers

You will not get a renovated room on 10/3. Last I heard, renovations aren't starting until October and it will be the fifth floor. Whole resort could take a year so I wouldn't count on a renovated room any time soon.

You will not get a renovated room on 10/3. Last I heard, renovations aren't starting until October and it will be the fifth floor. Whole resort could take a year so I wouldn't count on a renovated room any time soon.

Oh wow, I really thought they would be done with the lounge sooner than that and moving on. Works for me though! Thanks!

Oh, and LOVING YC-CL.

Yay! Our favorite spot in the World :) I hope you'll do a review when you have the time ~~ after all the negativity (in other threads) about YC CL lately I'll look forward to reading the positives once again!

My first read of this I said AH! Already a NEW ROOM! And wanted to ask for pics of the renovated rooms. And then I realized you were the one moving to a different room for view.

Slow your roll Tara. :hyper: (me Tara, because my name is Tara too!)

LOL.

Funniest thing ever just happened at MK. My mom and middle daughter got on PP (the rest of us were supposed to ride the mine train, which is down). Rather than give up our FP that can be used whenever, we decided to ride IASW while we waited for my mom and daughter. We get up to the boat and who is waiting to ride, but Dee. We hop in the boat with her. I'm thinking the odds of that happening are winning-the-lottery high. Trying to figure out how to paraphrase that line from Casablanca, but I need more coffee, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter