The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to run a search through this thread but came up dry. When do the christmas decorations go up?? I love the WL but never stayed here for christmas, we'll be travelling November 17-21st..will the decorations be up by then?

I tried to run a search through this thread but came up dry. When do the christmas decorations go up?? I love the WL but never stayed here for christmas, we'll be travelling November 17-21st..will the decorations be up by then?

I'm not sure, but I would imagine them going up around the 15th. They are totally up before thanksgiving, so I think you should be in luck!

Brian

Well, I finally made my FIRST VWL reservation for next August. I've been waiting to make this reservation since May of 2009 LOL. Gonna be in my "good place" on August 23rd for a week in a one bedroom villa. Now.... only 11 months to go. I'm leaving on 10/8 headed to SSR for F&W maybe I'll go visit VWL just because ;)

So envious of your purchase at VWL. I'd love to own there, but it's not in the cards....yet.

Have fun!!!

Hi! I am certain this question has been asked but I can't go through all of the posts.

We have our first WL stay coming up -- November 5-9.

Will we see any of the WL Christmas decorations?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I am certain this question has been asked but I can't go through all of the posts.

We have our first WL stay coming up -- November 5-9.

Will we see any of the WL Christmas decorations?

Thanks in advance!

:rotfl2: Look up on this same page and someone answered that question yesterday.

Anyone heard anything more about room renovations going on at the WL? Saw it mentioned by a few people but nothing concrete.

:dance3:Just booked a quickie trip back to WL:dance3:
We just got back 9/2 & have been soooo depressed ever since. We were not able to MNSSHP this year cause it started later than last year. And, when DD5 realized this she started to cry-really bad-very weird:confused3...so big mistake...DH shows her the halloween parade on youtube...and well what kind of mother am I that would let my princess cry ;) ? So with some figuring out- no going out to dinner for quite awhile & having this be our xmas gift to each other DH & I decided to book:yay:

Just can't get CL it's all booked up...maybe that's for the best...$ wise:upsidedow

Rather unexpectedly (and happily!) I just made reservations at the WL for the very first time. :woohoo:
DH has no idea. I think I will just keep the secret to myself, and maybe let him know as we drive up. :thumbsup2

I've been backreading about views. We have a courtyard view booked. Do I understand right that some of the prettiest views are "Inner Courtyard?"

Any suggestions of what we should ask for? I want to keep the request short and sweet. Thanks so much!:goodvibes

:dance3:Just booked a quickie trip back to WL:dance3:
We just got back 9/2 & have been soooo depressed ever since. We were not able to MNSSHP this year cause it started later than last year. And, when DD5 realized this she started to cry-really bad-very weird:confused3...so big mistake...DH shows her the halloween parade on youtube...and well what kind of mother am I that would let my princess cry ;) ? So with some figuring out- no going out to dinner for quite awhile & having this be our xmas gift to each other DH & I decided to book:yay:

Just can't get CL it's all booked up...maybe that's for the best...$ wise:upsidedow

You are such a good Mom. We skipped it this year, did dinner at Boma instead. IT was surprising to me that I could have done the Holloween party for about $20 more than our trip to Boma cost for 3 of us.

We live and learn!

Brian

Rather unexpectedly (and happily!) I just made reservations at the WL for the very first time. :woohoo:
DH has no idea. I think I will just keep the secret to myself, and maybe let him know as we drive up. :thumbsup2

I've been backreading about views. We have a courtyard view booked. Do I understand right that some of the prettiest views are "Inner Courtyard?"

Any suggestions of what we should ask for? I want to keep the request short and sweet. Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Gin,

That is so awesome. I would do 5th floor, inner courtyard. That way you have an open balcony and a nice view.

I kept it from my mom last time I took her. She had no idea until we pulled up at the MK tollbooth. If could do it over again I would go the back way past Port Orleans and Fort Wilderness so that I could just pull up to the WL entrance.

Hope you have fun!!!

Brian

Gin,

That is so awesome. I would do 5th floor, inner courtyard. That way you have an open balcony and a nice view.

I kept it from my mom last time I took her. She had no idea until we pulled up at the MK tollbooth. If could do it over again I would go the back way past Port Orleans and Fort Wilderness so that I could just pull up to the WL entrance.

Hope you have fun!!!

Brian

Thanks! Your advice was very helpful. The countdown is on to vacation time!:cool1:

This is a great thread! I have never been to WDW, nor have DS10 or DD7. DW went some time ago when she was younger...not that she is old now:lmao: We originally wanted to stay at the CR because it is the original with the monorail, and I am sure it is nice, but we are very happy with our choice to stay at the WL. Everything I have read and researched is nothing but positive, other than maybe the size of the room, but we can deal. We'll be there April 30-May 7!

Does anyone have a recent entertainment schedule for kids' activities at the Lodge? We leave in 59 days and want to know what time the movies on the beach are currently starting, and also when dodgeball is scheduled. Two years ago we didn't make any plans on our first day. After checking in, we enjoyed the pool and then went to MNSSHP that night. While we were enjoying the pool, the lifeguards recruited my kids to play dodgeball and it was one of the highlights of their trip :yay: Anyway, I want to see if it will work in our schedule again but don't want to wait until we are there to plan.

Can the floor number be requested? Or is the best bet to request "inner courtyard?"

If inner courtyard is most important, list just that. The more details you list, the less rooms are available for the room assigner to choose from.

Does anyone have a recent entertainment schedule for kids' activities at the Lodge? We leave in 59 days and want to know what time the movies on the beach are currently starting, and also when dodgeball is scheduled. Two years ago we didn't make any plans on our first day. After checking in, we enjoyed the pool and then went to MNSSHP that night. While we were enjoying the pool, the lifeguards recruited my kids to play dodgeball and it was one of the highlights of their trip :yay: Anyway, I want to see if it will work in our schedule again but don't want to wait until we are there to plan.
I did a post in May of this year listing a movie schedule. At that time the movie started at 8:30. You'd have to compare sunset times, since they might move that around some. I haven't seen an activity schedule here since then. I do know that there were TONS of activities every day, but dodgeball isn't on the list I have.

The basic schedule was this:

9am - 10am - Lodge Tour (Wed. - Sat.)

1pm - 2pm Arts or Crafts in the lobby or pool deck, scavenger hunt, etc.

2pm - 3pm Pool Party (dancing)

2pm - 3pm Magic Cookie Hour at Roaring Fork

2:30pm - 4pm - Crafts at Cubs' Den

3 - 3:30pm - Pool Deck activities (Duck races, Beach ball blast, tattoos, etc)

4:15 - 5pm - Poolside or beach games (dominoes, sand hockey, trivia, etc)

5 - 5:45pm - Poolside or beach games (Bingo, sand soccer, trivia, etc)

8:30 Movie

9:35pm - Electrical Water Pageant

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversy. Is there anything special that I can do to suprise her?

Anyone heard anything more about room renovations going on at the WL? Saw it mentioned by a few people but nothing concrete.

I'm really curious about this too. Room renovations (w/ a change of the current bedding motif) would completely seal the deal for a July 2011 trip for us. Thanks!

Planning some final details for our first WL trip in November. We currently have a Courtyard BB booked, and have 2 kids: DD5 and DD2. Trying to decide whether the BB's will work for them, or if I should put the 5 year old in the bottom bunk, leave the top open, and rent a crib from ABBF for the 2 year old (she's still in a crib at home).

Two questions I could use help for:
1) Is there even room in a BB room for a full sized crib? (she won't sleep in a pack n play).
2) for those who have put kids in the top bunk, does it seem safe enough with the rails? could you add additional bedrails (which may be higher) under the mattress?

I guess that's 3 questions :confused: Thanks for any help you can provide :flower3:

Hey , we leave for our stay at WL in 5 sleeps.

I am beyond excited about stayin there because it has been my lotto win dream resort for years.

10 years ago we went by on the boat and I was mesmerized by the outside and last year we went to WCC and I was just speechless.....my face must have said a thousand words because my wonderful DH found the money to take us there this year.

This is truly way out of our league and next trip my value butt will be back at POP :laughing:

I havent even worried about room view , location or noise because.....IM STAYING AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE BABY !!!!!! :yay:

can you tell Im excited ?

Going back for 3rd stay at WL in Jan 2011. Can't wait! But I'll miss Ranger Stan. Our last stay he was telling me he was going to retire soon. Can't imagine WL without him.

Only a couple weeks left and then a long weekend at my favorite resort :cloud9: This will be DF's first visit and I can't wait for him to hear "welcome home" :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter