The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Well, my colleague and I both got emails from Hotels.com saying that
We wanted to let you know that, unfortunately, Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek cannot honor your upcoming booking on 12/2/2022. Occasionally, properties have to change or modify bookings unexpectedly.

We know this is disappointing. We can help you find another property for your stay, or if you prefer, you can cancel and receive a full refund.
Hopefully others who have booked similar deals using Hotels.com, Expedia, etc. have better luck that we did.

Well, my colleague and I both got emails from Hotels.com saying that

Hopefully others who have booked similar deals using Hotels.com, Expedia, etc. have better luck that we did.

Unfortunately, this happened to me in September. I booked through Vacation Strategy, which I had used many times before with no problems staying at WBC. We ended up staying at Wyndham Reunion which was fine (but no WBC).

Deleted question. I continued reading and was charged by Extra Holidays so I feel more confident that the rental will not be canceled.

Last edited:

Ugh! That stinks. Sorry to hear that.
WBC has been cracking down on owners renting for commercial purposes. I’ve been seeing a lot of reviews on it on the different travel sites and tug and a few reports here. It could be that an owner was using a third party broker to rent their points out, but got caught doing it and WBC cancelled when they found out. Some people have reported showing up to their reservation, only to find out it had been cancelled, leaving them stranded.

We stayed here in October, rented through an owner and didn't have any issues. However, with all the cancelling going on we decided it's not worth the risk going forward. We'll watch it for a while and see if anything changes, but for now and our next trip we are looking elsewhere.

We did like WBC, but it really is very comparable to the Sheraton Vistana and Mariott Palms properties, just more condensed and they have the lazy river. I would highly recommend Sheraton Vistana on 535 for price and location. It's directly across I4 from Disney Springs and takes nearly the same amount of time to get to the parks as WBC, give or take a few minutes. We stay there frequently. The Marriott Palms resorts are on 536, which turns into Epcot Center Drive as soon as you cross I4, so also very, very close to Disney property. They're just a little more expensive than SVR.

I reserved a 2bedroom at Club Wyndham through Booking.com marathon week because of the significant cost savings over the 2 bedroom at AK Kidani. I have both currently reserved and a first night deposit was charged for the Club Wyndham. We’re looking forward to this stay but after reading recent comments, should I be concerned that it could be canceled? I am participating in Dopey so I don’t want to be in a situation where I cancel my AK reservation only to be later also canceled by Club Wyndham and left without accommodations.
There is a very real possibility it could be cancelled. I would definitely look at a back up plan in case your reservation does get cancelled. Some owners will rent and try to keep their name on the reservation until the day before to get around the cancellation. However, it hasn't worked and reservations still can get cancelled without warning. If it were me, personally and from what I've seen going on, I would book somewhere else for peace of mind, IMO. Sorry! I know that's not what you want to hear, but I would say the same to any of my family or friends looking at WBC right now and have actually told my daughter not to book here when she was looking at a stay next year.
HTH!

The entire Tower 1 is out of service as well as a wing of Tower 6. Both of these were completely dark on all floors when we were there last week. These were ongoing renovations. However, progress has significantly slowed due to Hurricane Ian and Tropical Storm Nicole. I'd suspect that has something to do with cancelled reservations in early December.

I reserved a 2bedroom at Club Wyndham through Booking.com marathon week because of the significant cost savings over the 2 bedroom at AK Kidani. I have both currently reserved and a first night deposit was charged for the Club Wyndham. We’re looking forward to this stay but after reading recent comments, should I be concerned that it could be canceled? I am participating in Dopey so I don’t want to be in a situation where I cancel my AK reservation only to be later also canceled by Club Wyndham and left without accommodations.

In January, Wyndham's "Timeshare Owner Priority Reservations" restrictions apply to January 1-2 and 12-15, 2023.
Other restricted dates early next year include February 16-19 and March 10-April 15 and May 26-28 and June 1-August 15, 2023.

If ANY of your reservation dates (including check-in or check-out days) overlap with these restricted dates, there's a high probability of cancellation, regardless of who booked it for you. If your vacation reservation dates do NOT overlap with these, and you booked through a typical reservation service used by Wyndham (Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extra Holidays, etc.), then there's much, much less risk.

Points management companies (Vacation Strategies, David's, etc.) are the most risky, even for unrestricted dates, IMO, because IF the owner whose points were used for your reservation is running a commercial rental business and gets caught, all of their reservations get cancelled, including yours. With a points management company, you don't know anything about the actual owner of the points. At least with an owner rental, you can communicate directly with the owner and decide if you trust their information - that your reservation is safe as one of the two rental allowances per year per owner account, which are permitted exceptions to the Owner Priority restrictions. HTH.

I'd be as confident about a reservation during unrestricted dates through Extra Holidays as I'd be about a regular hotel reservation booked directly at a Wyndham hotel. While it could happen anywhere anytime, it's quite unlikely to be cancelled and not worth worrying about, IMO.

At least with an owner rental, you can communicate directly with the owner and decide if you trust their information - that your reservation is safe as one of the two rental allowances per year per owner account, which are permitted exceptions to the Owner Priority restrictions.
I would agree with this, in that you need to trust the owner to feel "safe". If you have never met the owner or know them personally, then you have more risk. When we rented in October, the owner and I were in constant contact regarding my reservation up until my check in because I was concerned about the cancelling issue.
If your vacation reservation dates do NOT overlap with these, and you booked through a typical reservation service used by Wyndham (Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extra Holidays, etc.), then there's much, much less risk.
I have seen on tripadvisor a person's reservation cancelled even though it was booked through Extra Holidays, which is "supposed" to be WBC's own booking. The link for Extra Holidays is right on WBC main page.
tripadvisor review canceled Extra Holidays
There's no way to know if there were other issues with this poster's experience, but it was enough to raise a red flag for me when I was looking at Extra Holidays. Again, just my personal opinion.

Booking.com, hotels.com, vrbo and AirBnB all allow owners to list their properties. You still have the potential to run into an issue, IMO. Koala is another one, I remember seeing/hearing.

I get the impression that the only 100% guaranteed way to stay here without being an owner, or trading, is to book directly through WBC or buy a contract.

I don't own at WBC, I don't have a horse in this race as far as owners renting, but I have seen conflicting info., including on the TUG site where owners communicate. For me, it's not worth the risk.

There are several things going on at once, and maybe I can help clear some of it up. (As background: I've been a Wyndham owner for about 15 years, and like a few others here, I am active on TUG and have been following all of this very closely. I do not rent, but don't begrudge those who do.)

First, the hotels/expedia "great deal" that people have been talking about for the past month or so was almost certainly never real. The room description doesn't even come close to any of the units in this complex, at either the timeshare towers or the hotel tower. I have no idea what this was, but if the description was accurate it wasn't at Wyndham Bonnet Creek--or any of the Orlando Wyndham timeshare resorts. I believe that the note from hotels-dot-com that "Club Wyndham" can't honor the reservation is BS, because there wasn't one in the first place. I have no idea what happened, but I don't think Wyndham had anything to do with it.

Second, the "owner priority" dates are a little less risky these days than they were before, because the owner booking site was updated last month to "keep you up to date on which resorts are being prioritized for you." I don't know what this means, exactly, but hopefully it will be less likely that an owner will go beyond their two allowed exceptions without knowing it. If we are lucky, the web site will actually enforce the two-exception limit. I still think you want to ask the owner you are renting from how they know this is an allowable reservation, and a reputable owner should be able to explain it to you without telling you that they are adding the guest certificate at the last minute because "it won't be cancelled that way."

Third, Wyndham has been targeting owners that (in Wyndham's estimation) have been renting "commercially." There are a number of ways an owner can make it onto Wyndham's Naughty List, and once they are any future rentals from that owner are problematic at best, because Wyndham is playing hardball*. There's no obvious good way as a renter to make sure you won't get swept up by that, unfortunately, but IMO this is still reasonably rare. My advice: avoid the point managers because as @Lisa P. mentions upthread, they may not know if one of their owners is trying to run out the clock before the jig is up. Instead, work directly with an owner, and don't be afraid to ask them how often they rent and whether they've ever received a notice about their renting from Wyndham. There's no guarantee they will be honest with you, but most people are.

Forth: Extra Holidays is the outlet Wyndham uses for "official" owner rentals that are blessed by the company. To use EH, an owner books time with their points and gives it to EH to rent out, and if EH rents it they give the owner a cut of the total booking. At the moment, EH does not accept owner rentals for any restricted dates, so you don't have to worry about getting one by mistake. That's the good news. The bad news is that you can't rent restricted dates from EH at all. I suppose it is possible that EH has cancelled a rental before--there are times when, for example, refurbishments have run long unexpectedly, and owners have had their bookings cancelled, so EH would not be any different. But, that seems to have been mostly a pandemic-labor-shortage issue more than anything, and it is exceptionally rare. I would expect the chances of EH bookings being cancelled are comparable to showing up to a hotel and being walked, because they are overbooked. That does happen--even at Disney--but again it is very very rare. Personally I would not worry about it.

-----
* For example, the no-guest-certificates restriction has followed a contract that was sold to a new buyer who wasn't otherwise targeted. I suspect that's because one of the large renters tried getting out from under Wyndham's thumb with a gratuitous transfer, so Wyndham closed that pathway, but I don't know that for sure.

The entire Tower 1 is out of service as well as a wing of Tower 6. Both of these were completely dark on all floors when we were there last week. These were ongoing renovations. However, progress has significantly slowed due to Hurricane Ian and Tropical Storm Nicole. I'd suspect that has something to do with cancelled reservations in early December.
We checked in to a fifth floor tower one two bedroom about two hours ago so back up and running

We checked in to a fifth floor tower one two bedroom about two hours ago so back up and running

Wonderful, good to know. Thanks for posting this. I love that location when we have very young grandkiddles with us... right between the best splash pad and the nicely shaded playground.

First, the hotels/expedia "great deal" that people have been talking about for the past month or so was almost certainly never real. The room description doesn't even come close to any of the units in this complex, at either the timeshare towers or the hotel tower. I have no idea what this was, but if the description was accurate it wasn't at Wyndham Bonnet Creek--or any of the Orlando Wyndham timeshare resorts. I believe that the note from hotels-dot-com that "Club Wyndham" can't honor the reservation is BS, because there wasn't one in the first place. I have no idea what happened, but I don't think Wyndham had anything to do with it.
I wasn't aware of this, but individual condo or homeowners can list their homes/units for rent on Hotels.com.

In January, Wyndham's "Timeshare Owner Priority Reservations" restrictions apply to January 1-2 and 12-15, 2023.
Other restricted dates early next year include February 16-19 and March 10-April 15 and May 26-28 and June 1-August 15, 2023.

If ANY of your reservation dates (including check-in or check-out days) overlap with these restricted dates, there's a high probability of cancellation, regardless of who booked it for you. If your vacation reservation dates do NOT overlap with these, and you booked through a typical reservation service used by Wyndham (Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extra Holidays, etc.), then there's much, much less risk.

Points management companies (Vacation Strategies, David's, etc.) are the most risky, even for unrestricted dates, IMO, because IF the owner whose points were used for your reservation is running a commercial rental business and gets caught, all of their reservations get cancelled, including yours. With a points management company, you don't know anything about the actual owner of the points. At least with an owner rental, you can communicate directly with the owner and decide if you trust their information - that your reservation is safe as one of the two rental allowances per year per owner account, which are permitted exceptions to the Owner Priority restrictions. HTH.
Where are you finding those updated dates in January? Their site still says owner priority ends Jan 2 for WBC: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations

Last edited:
Is WIFI always terrible here? I've logged on and off and am having issues since we checked in two days ago. Thanks in advance.

Is WIFI always terrible here? I've logged on and off and am having issues since we checked in two days ago. Thanks in advance.
We've always had great Wi-Fi and yours is the first complaint I have seen.

Of course, problems can always come up. Also, if everyone starts streaming the World Cup at once, that could be another issue. What do the workers at the resort say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter