The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Has anyone used VRBO to book for Bonnet Creek? Because our trip is last minute most places are booked up since it is the weekend before Easter. VRBO is the cheapest I can find right now for $1162 for 4 nights. I know its high but it is last minute. I have tried Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategies, and Extra Holidays so far otherwise. VU and VS are sold out understandably, but VRBO is cheaper than Extra Holidays at this point.
Ebay, tugbbs.com and Redweek are other places to look.

I have used VRBO for a vacation without issue, but not for Bonnet Creek.

I j
Has anyone used VRBO to book for Bonnet Creek? Because our trip is last minute most places are booked up since it is the weekend before Easter. VRBO is the cheapest I can find right now for $1162 for 4 nights. I know its high but it is last minute. I have tried Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategies, and Extra Holidays so far otherwise. VU and VS are sold out understandably, but VRBO is cheaper than Extra Holidays at this point.
I just booked for 3/13 using VRBO. It was painless. The only issue was my owner was from Canada and quoted me in CAD vs USD. I used my credit card that did not have Intl. fees so it worked out. Hope it was legit and I have a room when I check in. 😀

I j

I just booked for 3/13 using VRBO. It was painless. The only issue was my owner was from Canada and quoted me in CAD vs USD. I used my credit card that did not have Intl. fees so it worked out. Hope it was legit and I have a room when I check in. 😀

Just booked through ebay for 8 nights at the end of August and was thinking the same thing, the seller was friendly and even gave me their personal number to contact them, but there is always the chance...

We’re here at WBC now, sitting on the balcony in Tower 3 and can see a long cable or hose floating on the surface of the lake. Anyone know what that is? Something to do with filtration or cleaning algae off the surface? Just curious!

We’re here at WBC now, sitting on the balcony in Tower 3 and can see a long cable or hose floating on the surface of the lake. Anyone know what that is? Something to do with filtration or cleaning algae off the surface? Just curious!
Is it possible to post a picture?

We bought plane tickets today for the first week in December, which we can change for no cost. I contacted a rental company we have used before and was given a good price for a a deluxe one bedroom. They do require a 50% deposit, which is reasonable. The only problem is that for whatever reason we cancel, we would loose about $250. I'm not going into a rental on a whim and would not cancel except for an extreme reasons. This past year has made me question what could happen, even this far out. I've checked other rental places and the closest quote (with free cancellation) is $200 more, which obviously makes the good price not as good! What would you do?

We bought plane tickets today for the first week in December, which we can change for no cost. I contacted a rental company we have used before and was given a good price for a a deluxe one bedroom. They do require a 50% deposit, which is reasonable. The only problem is that for whatever reason we cancel, we would loose about $250. I'm not going into a rental on a whim and would not cancel except for an extreme reasons. This past year has made me question what could happen, even this far out. I've checked other rental places and the closest quote (with free cancellation) is $200 more, which obviously makes the good price not as good! What would you do?
Honestly $250 isn’t a bad risk. Last year we went to Ocean City, NJ. We had to put down half immediately and the second half 30 days before we arrived. No refund if we canceled unless they were able to re-rent it.

Owners want renters, not cancelers. Many renters lost a ton of money during the pandemic and have stiffened their cancelation policies. Many feel they have unjustly suffered greater losses as "no refund" rental policies were ignored or refunds were forced upon them.

If you want a refund policy, you will have pay extra for it. If you want to book this early, you will pay extra to do it.

You will have to weigh how much financial risk you want to take. Your trip is far off, so really there is no need to book now.

I would do what makes you the most comfortable in your decision and then move on.

I did some further looking and Vacation Strategies comes up. Does anyone have recent experience with them? I know they were hit hard last year.

Owners want renters, not cancelers. Many renters lost a ton of money during the pandemic and have stiffened their cancelation policies. Many feel they have unjustly suffered greater losses as "no refund" rental policies were ignored or refunds were forced upon them.

If you want a refund policy, you will have pay extra for it. If you want to book this early, you will pay extra to do it.

You will have to weigh how much financial risk you want to take. Your trip is far off, so really there is no need to book now.

I would do what makes you the most comfortable in your decision and then move on.
^^This^^ Many timeshare owners have fixed costs in their maintenance fees that don't get refunded if you cancel. There are a few owner rental sites where the owners have the option of providing better cancellation policies, this is because some Wyndham owners can cancel up to 14 days prior to checkin and get back 100% of their points. Generally though, they don't want to do work for free and don't want to make reservations and have to cancel them. Though any reservation with a more lenient cancellation policy will cost more. During covid, most renters wanted to be able to cancel without penalty but still get the great deal renting directly from the owner. That isn't how it works.

^^This^^ Many timeshare owners have fixed costs in their maintenance fees that don't get refunded if you cancel. There are a few owner rental sites where the owners have the option of providing better cancellation policies, this is because some Wyndham owners can cancel up to 14 days prior to checkin and get back 100% of their points. Generally though, they don't want to do work for free and don't want to make reservations and have to cancel them. Though any reservation with a more lenient cancellation policy will cost more. During covid, most renters wanted to be able to cancel without penalty but still get the great deal renting directly from the owner. That isn't how it works.
I own DVC and it is similar. I use up my points but I know that cancellation policy on Time Shares is restricted.

We are booked for the 24th-28th of this month, and then will head to stay with my Mom in St. Cloud for 3 more nights. SO incredibly excited to be going back to Bonnet Creek, and to just relax instead of making it to the parks for a structured day like I normally have. The family is excited for this down time! :)

We loved the restaurants that were on site last time too. Specifically the one next to Tower 6 near the Pirate pool, and the one down by the lazy river. Yum! The staff was great to us as well.

Do we need to bring our on tubes for the lazy river? If so, I want to order them off of Amazon now.

Can someone explain how I use instacart to Bonnet Creek Tower 6 and would it be from Publix?

Hey all! My family (DH, and two boys 4 and 2) have decided to stay at Bonnet creek for 3 nights in April. Based on the information in this thread, I am looking at booking through Vacation Strategy, using their direct available inventory. They have exactly what we need but as it's such an easy process, I'm honestly leery about using it. Is this a legitimate way to book? How does it work? Do I just buy the room I want and then get an email later on with details? Not a dealbreaker or anything, but is there anyway to request a specific tower booking with this site? Is there a better site to go through that I should look into? Thanks for any help!

Oh one more thing! Is the pirate pool currently closed Monday-Thursday? We are staying Sunday - Wed, and just wondering if the info on the website is correct that the pirate pool is closed after Sunday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter