The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BC strict like Disney with how many people are in a room. We have 5 and a 1 bedroom would work perfect for us because my youngest is 3 and tiny. We just don't need all the extra space of the 2 bedroom.

Also I saw someone post about toddler beds. Can you rent them at the resort?

They are strict so be sure to not have everyone with you at check in and don't list all 5 as being in the room.

We returned on 10/6 from a week at WBC. It was our first Disney trip. We had our 8 and 5 yr old children and my mother in law, in addition to my wife and myself. Stayed in a 3br deluxe booked through Vacation Strategy ($899 for the week).

Everything went as well as it could have. First, no problems at all with VS. I called about ten days out to submit a room request and was told that we were set up for a split reservation - 1 day, then 6 in a different room. The representative changed it to a full week in one unit.

We got there at 12:30 pm with hopes that arriving early would help us possibly get the view/room we requested, but fully expecting to have to kill a few hours before being allowed to check in. We were shocked when the rep said, "you are in tower 6, pool view, and you may check in now".

Unit was on the third floor, so view was limited - but nice. And the unit was perfect. No furniture problems. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. I had no problem with the parking pass lady. Unplugged the phone and overrode the AC (thanks to helpful tips from this board).

The location is really nice. No problem driving to the parks and even coming back to rest a few hours mid day. This really makes it easy to visit multiple parks in a day.

The food and prices at the pizza bar and Escudos are great (much more reasonable than the pool bar / restaurant at the hotel). So convenient to be able to grab dinner there after a long day at parks.

I kind of thought that taking the kids to DW was my duty, and once it was over with, I wouldn't be back. But, WBC made it an enjoyable vacation. I plan to go back - and spend more time at the resort than the parks.

One note: Haven't been reading while on vacay, so this may be old news - but they have the pool and lazy river at the main bldg shut down for renovation. There are guys out there with masonry saws doing work. I assume that they may not even be putting people in those rooms, as the noise would be tough to deal with.

Thanks to all of you for posting here. The info I gained from reading this board saved me money and time - and made my family's first Disney vacation pretty close to perfect.

We returned on 10/6 from a week at WBC. It was our first Disney trip. We had our 8 and 5 yr old children and my mother in law, in addition to my wife and myself. Stayed in a 3br deluxe booked through Vacation Strategy ($899 for the week).

Everything went as well as it could have. First, no problems at all with VS. I called about ten days out to submit a room request and was told that we were set up for a split reservation - 1 day, then 6 in a different room. The representative changed it to a full week in one unit.

We got there at 12:30 pm with hopes that arriving early would help us possibly get the view/room we requested, but fully expecting to have to kill a few hours before being allowed to check in. We were shocked when the rep said, "you are in tower 6, pool view, and you may check in now".

Unit was on the third floor, so view was limited - but nice. And the unit was perfect. No furniture problems. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. I had no problem with the parking pass lady. Unplugged the phone and overrode the AC (thanks to helpful tips from this board).

The location is really nice. No problem driving to the parks and even coming back to rest a few hours mid day. This really makes it easy to visit multiple parks in a day.

The food and prices at the pizza bar and Escudos are great (much more reasonable than the pool bar / restaurant at the hotel). So convenient to be able to grab dinner there after a long day at parks.

I kind of thought that taking the kids to DW was my duty, and once it was over with, I wouldn't be back. But, WBC made it an enjoyable vacation. I plan to go back - and spend more time at the resort than the parks.

One note: Haven't been reading while on vacay, so this may be old news - but they have the pool and lazy river at the main bldg shut down for renovation. There are guys out there with masonry saws doing work. I assume that they may not even be putting people in those rooms, as the noise would be tough to deal with.

Thanks to all of you for posting here. The info I gained from reading this board saved me money and time - and made my family's first Disney vacation pretty close to perfect.

Part 3 has been opened. You should post it there. Here's the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974&page=11

Thanks for letting us know, glad you had a great trip!

Any chance you remember what time they close the slides down? We're leaving in a few days and my kids really want to know if they can slide on our first day! Thanks

Thanks for letting us know, glad you had a great trip!

Any chance you remember what time they close the slides down? We're leaving in a few days and my kids really want to know if they can slide on our first day! Thanks

Not sure about the pirate ship one, as my kids were a little too small to use it. But the other one closed at 6 pm. As they are both staffed by lifeguards, they probably both close at 6.

Checked in today. 8th floor tower 4. We can see Spaceship Earth right in front of our balcony, Tower of Terror to the left and the Characters in Flight balloon from the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. We have a 3 bedroom deluxe. Everything is in perfect condition including the furniture.

Once the parking pass lady found out both my mom and I were married and we had left our spouses at home on Indiana she wanted nothing to do with us ;-)

Kids are swimming in the tower four pool now. They don't even know there's a pool slide somewhere yet.

Checked in today. 8th floor tower 4. We can see Spaceship Earth right in front of our balcony, Tower of Terror to the left and the Characters in Flight balloon from the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. We have a 3 bedroom deluxe. Everything is in perfect condition including the furniture.

Once the parking pass lady found out both my mom and I were married and we had left our spouses at home on Indiana she wanted nothing to do with us ;-)

Kids are swimming in the tower four pool now. They don't even know there's a pool slide somewhere yet.

We were on the 8th floor of Tower 4 as well, and couldn't see Spaceship Earth at all?? That's what I wanted most.... but I got over it :) . You must be in a different wing or something. We were in room 874. Glad you're enjoying it!

11th floor, tower 6. No view of Epcot. Can see DTD. Parking pass lady was obnoxious. Even after I checked "unemployed" and "under 30k". I don't want to even talk to anyone around here again! Unplugged phones to try and be safe. Room is beautiful.

Checked in last night. Got our fireworks view and Epcot is so close, it's fantastic! It was late, so didn't check out resort yet, but all was good in our 2 bdrm deluxe unit. New sofa and wifi working great so far! Off to MNSSHP tonight!

I've skimmed through about 50 of the 248 pages of this thread and understand that if you wait to under 60 days you get a better rate. We are going Jan 31 - Feb 3 2013.

Currently, I got a quote for a 1 BR deluxe for $365 total. What are the chances of getting a better price if I wait? I'm nervous that they will sell out!

(Sorry if this has already been discussed) :idea:

I've skimmed through about 50 of the 248 pages of this thread and understand that if you wait to under 60 days you get a better rate. We are going Jan 31 - Feb 3 2013.

Currently, I got a quote for a 1 BR deluxe for $365 total. What are the chances of getting a better price if I wait? I'm nervous that they will sell out!

(Sorry if this has already been discussed) :idea:

I think rather than waiting you should try to get more quotes so you can compare prices. They really do vary greatly. Here are some owners that have been recommended on the disboards. Just try googling to find their websites.

Vacation Upgrades
Vacation Strategy
Sun or Snow Vacation Rentals
Farrells Vacations
myresortnetwork.com - owner Aaron Washburn
5 star resorts

The best quote I received was from Aaron Washburn. He has been extra nice and very prompt and helpful with communication.

I don't think there is one owner who always has the best price, so I would contact as many as you can. Good luck!

I think rather than waiting you should try to get more quotes so you can compare prices. They really do vary greatly. Here are some owners that have been recommended on the disboards. Just try googling to find their websites.

Vacation Upgrades
Vacation Strategy
Sun or Snow Vacation Rentals
Farrells Vacations
myresortnetwork.com - owner Aaron Washburn
5 star resorts

The best quote I received was from Aaron Washburn. He has been extra nice and very prompt and helpful with communication.

I don't think there is one owner who always has the best price, so I would contact as many as you can. Good luck!

Vacation Strategy has been my best one - (the price quoted was from them). I wonder if I book and then they have something cheaper in the 60 day period if I can rebook. Their cancellation policy is all money back minus initial deposit that can be applied towards a future reservation which technically I would be doing....

Vacation Strategy has been my best one - (the price quoted was from them). I wonder if I book and then they have something cheaper in the 60 day period if I can rebook. Their cancellation policy is all money back minus initial deposit that can be applied towards a future reservation which technically I would be doing....

You should email or call and ask them. I almost think that some of them give a lower quote, knowing they will be able to rebook at 60 days, so that has already been taken into account with the quote you get. But, I could be wrong. Plus every owner is different.

We checked in about 1 hour ago and to say I am disappointed with our unit would be an understatement. We are on the first floor of Bldg 6. We have a view of the parking lot and our room is extremely noisy due to the proximity to the lobby and lot. Our room is like a cave because the curtains have to be closed otherwise everyone can look directly in. There is no drawer space to unpack anything but a few little things and certainly not enough hangers to hang the other items. There's not evens a garbage can in the kitchen???? I am very thankful that we will only be here for 3 days and we don't plan on spending much time in the room.

I very well may be spoiled by my DVC but I'm trying to do my best to give WBC a fair shot. I've got to say this isn't starting out well!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HayGan said:
We checked in about 1 hour ago and to say I am disappointed with our unit would be an understatement. We are on the first floor of Bldg 6. We have a view of the parking lot and our room is extremely noisy due to the proximity to the lobby and lot. Our room is like a cave because the curtains have to be closed otherwise everyone can look directly in. There is no drawer space to unpack anything but a few little things and certainly not enough hangers to hang the other items. There's not evens a garbage can in the kitchen???? I am very thankful that we will only be here for 3 days and we don't plan on spending much time in the room.

I very well may be spoiled by my DVC but I'm trying to do my best to give WBC a fair shot. I've got to say this isn't starting out well!!!!!

Your garbage can is in the linen closet in the living room...or at least that's where we found ours. Sorry about your room location, I wouldn't want the first floor either. Have fun and enjoy what you can, it really is a nice resort.

PixieDustFanatic said:
Your garbage can is in the linen closet in the living room...or at least that's where we found ours. Sorry about your room location, I wouldn't want the first floor either. Have fun and enjoy what you can, it really is a nice resort.

Thanks - we had already found them but how ridiculous not to have a can under the sink in the kitchen.

To make matters even worse, we are directly across from the Tower 6 bus stop so we get to listen to the buses run all the time. Not a happy camper right now!

Does anyone know if the peeling sofas have been replaced throughout the resort?

I just got back and spent about 1.5weeks in a 1bdrm in Tower 5 and didn't have any couch issues.

I did notice one day during my trip that there were a ton of shrink-wrapped couches in the lower level of the garage when I was heading to my car that AM. By the next day, they were gone. I'm thinking that would mean that they are still in the process of swapping out couches as needed.

Its worth a shot, however many of the larger commercial renters (like Vacation Strategy), will often factor in the lower cost to them in their initial quote to you with the understanding that they will be able to cancel and rebook with the needed point discounts and other trickery later. This is also one reason why some of these renters won't give you the guest confirmation until the 60-30day mark since they can't put the reservation into your name until after they have rebooked under the cheaper point costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter