• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dsamama said:
wow I am so stinkin confused! I mean it seems like this price I am getting on booking.com for 696.36 fo 5 nights is a total steal and I am tempted to just book it today but it seems so fishy compared to the prices from everywhere else i look.

Have you gotten quotes from vacation strategies and Vacation Upgrades? I would get those and compare them to what you got on booking.com.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing! Got 2 quotes from owners on vrbo...1 was $1200 for 2 bedroom and the other was $860 for 2 bedroom (both were 2 bedroom deluxe and for the same week). Just got a Quote from VS for 2 bedroom...and only $625! Why the insane differences in cost??

Owners can charge whatever they want to rent out their points. I think some of them quote the price lower up front under the assumption that they can rebook you later at the lower point cost.

wow I am so stinkin confused! I mean it seems like this price I am getting on booking.com for 696.36 fo 5 nights is a total steal and I am tempted to just book it today but it seems so fishy compared to the prices from everywhere else i look.

I'd book it..... I just got 4 nights off of my resort network for a great price too.... prices are subjective and Ive seen full weeks going for great prices!~I'm booking through Shelbyresorts

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Condo-Rentals/Lake-Buena-Vista/Florida/Wyndham-Bonnet-Creek-Resort/

dancin Disney style said:
Owners can charge whatever they want to rent out their points. I think some of them quote the price lower up front under the assumption that they can rebook you later at the lower point cost.

So can the rate change if they can't book at that rate for the lower point cost? I'm probably going to book with VS but am waiting on a quote with VU.

I booked last week from booking.com at the Orlando Bonnet Creek. It was cheaper than Wyndham Bonnet Creek on the same site. I was told the difference in price may be presidential vs deluxe. But be advised add 12.5% tax onto your quoted price. I was quoted 525 but was charged 598 on my cc due to the tax. Were not going to dec so i cant tell you how it turns out till then.

disneyfireman said:
I booked last week from booking.com at the Orlando Bonnet Creek. It was cheaper than Wyndham Bonnet Creek on the same site. I was told the difference in price may be presidential vs deluxe. But be advised add 12.5% tax onto your quoted price. I was quoted 525 but was charged 598 on my cc due to the tax. Were not going to dec so i cant tell you how it turns out till then.

Are you certain you've booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek that we're discussing here? There's a Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

I just got a quote for 5 nights in a deluxe 2br wyndham BC from vacation strategy for 445! I want to book it right now but know i should not jump the gun...DH is like "are you sure it is not a scam" seems too good to be true

Anyone have any experiance with VS?

I just got a quote for 5 nights in a deluxe 2br wyndham BC from vacation strategy for 445! I want to book it right now but know i should not jump the gun...DH is like "are you sure it is not a scam" seems too good to be true

There is lots of info about VS on these boards. I haven't read anything negative. We used them last year and I recently booked with them again for this year. We had zero issues with them. They were by far the cheapest I found and I shopped and got quotes from everywhere. You wont be sorry !!

I have received several quotes from them, and your quote is inline with mine. I also thought this was some kind of scam, but only because I am used to paying Disney Resort prices. Although I have not gone yet, my cousins have used Vacation Strategies for several years here. They say they have had no problems at all.

Also, it appears many people on this site have discussed successfully using VS for their visits. Just read about the tricks on how to avoid the pushy time share pitches.

Are you certain you've booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek that we're discussing here? There's a Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

The orlando bonnet creek has the same address as the wyndham bonnet creek. And the hilton is a totally different adress. I may call tomorrow and verify my ressie and see what i actually have.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing! Got 2 quotes from owners on vrbo...1 was $1200 for 2 bedroom and the other was $860 for 2 bedroom (both were 2 bedroom deluxe and for the same week). Just got a Quote from VS for 2 bedroom...and only $625! Why the insane differences in cost??
Some renters don't shop around and don't care what they pay, they just grab the first deal they find. Maybe shopping and research is too much hard work for them.

Some owners may have a warped view of how much a rental should cost, or are trying to score big by striking a deal with a non-shopper.

I'm honestly shocked at even the rate difference between VS and VU! VS quoted me $89/night and VU $120/night. I thought they virtually do the same thing? Shouldn't they both be able to get pretty comparable rates??

I'm honestly shocked at even the rate difference between VS and VU! VS quoted me $89/night and VU $120/night. I thought they virtually do the same thing? Shouldn't they both be able to get pretty comparable rates??

Not really. Part of what you are paying for is the customer service levels. VU seems to have a slightly higher level of customer service just from reports I've read around here before. (Examples.... VU charges the higher rate upfront which locks in your reservation, but if they can rebook at the 60 discount rate, They will pass that saving along to you in the rate you pay. Also, VU has been making a proactive attempt to contact the people who hold rental contracts with them at WBC after WBC announced (or it became known) the new $12 per day fee for non-owners and is refunding the $12 per day as they advertised as "No additional Fees"..... even though they had no advanced warning and this is something out of their control. In contrast, VS hasn't really contacted anybody from what I've seen letting them know about the new fee, and isn't really taking any action to negate the new resort fee with existing contract holders)

The other big difference between the 2 is their costs, based in part on the way they do their rentals. VU and Ken/Denise price are both Wyndham Owners who rent their own points. Therefore they have the costs incurred in aquiring those points and the monthly maintenance fees that must be paid.

VS is more of a broker. They basically pay owners a fee for the use of the points. They don't actually own the points themselves, so they don't have the initial purchase costs to deal with, or the monthly costs required in maintaining that ownership. I don't know what they pay the owners, but they in theory could very well be paying the owners less that what the maintenance fees on those points are. (IE... paying owners the rate of $4 per 1k points, while the MFs could easily run in the $5-6 per 1k range).

They are both reputable companies with many good reports from people here on the DIS, so I tend to suggest people compare the 2 on cost, as well as the other differences between the companies like Customer Service levels, and contract/policy/cancellation differences that might come into play. Ultimately the accommodations are the same, so the deciding factor could easily be who you are doing business with.

Also, another big difference between the quotes is just the way they price things.

VS seems to book with the expectation that they will be able to rebook at the 60day mark to utilize the VIP point discounts. As such, they price accordingly up front.

VU tends to book with the current pricing, but will attempt to rebook at the 60 day mark and will pass along any of the VIP discounts they can get at that point as your final payment isn't required until much closer to your trip.

DC...you rock! Thanks so much for that awesome explanation! I will say though, although I have no idea about others who have gotten pricing from VS since the fee was announced, they did tell me upfront it was a possibility we would incur it. The sales rep I've been working with (Jeff) did tell me they have made multiple calls to WBC to find out exactly what that fee is for and if a client doesn't want to use their shuttle service will they still have to pay it. They have yet to get a definite answer. He also said MANY people...both owners and companies such as themselves...have complained about the new fee!

Also, another big difference between the quotes is just the way they price things.

VS seems to book with the expectation that they will be able to rebook at the 60day mark to utilize the VIP point discounts. As such, they price accordingly up front.

VU tends to book with the current pricing, but will attempt to rebook at the 60 day mark and will pass along any of the VIP discounts they can get at that point as your final payment isn't required until much closer to your trip.

I got quotes from VS, VU, and Farrells for a one bedroom for ten nights and was also surprised at the price difference.

Vacation Strategies was the cheapest at a flat $89.60 per night. I had to pay a $150.00 deposit and the balance is not due until I recieve a confirmation in my name which should be 20-30 days prior to check in.

Vacation Upgrades said that my May trip fell between two booking seasons and the first seven nights would be $100.00 per night and last three nights $130.00 per night, since it would require two reservations to 'stitch it together'. He did say that at 35-60 days out, they would make a good faith effort to try to get the VIP pricing for the second reservation (last three nights), which would bring all the nights down to $100.00 per night. He did not say anything about trying to get a cheaper price for the first seven nights though. Even if he could get the VIP discounts the fee would still be higher than the definite quote I got with VS, so I went with VS. He said a deposit of 1/3 the total was due at booking and the balance would be due 30 days before check in.

Farrells Vacations was the most expensive at $129.00 per night. However, he said that he could get us either a one or a two bedroom for the same price.

So i booked last night with VS (I figured winter storm Nemo heading our way was a good sign to book) and since the quote was so great I was able to convince DH to add an extra night at the begining of our trip! even with the 12 dollar fee included it comes out to just 106 per night so excited!

We just booked with VS yesterday as well! SUPER customer service and great price too! I had spoken with a few other the other companies mentioned on this thread, which were good as well.... but VS had the best price and responded to my questions quickly via email and phone.
Super excited for our trip! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter