The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I read all of Part 2 :faint: and did not see this asked. Do they have RAC (resort airline checkin) like they do on Disney property?

We haven't had to handle luggage in Orlando for a long time and it would be great if I didn't have to worry about bringing it back to MCO:goodvibes

Nope. There's nothing like that.

The new hotel is GORGEOUS!!!! The gym overlooks the lake. It's stunning. We love the restaurant out by the lake too, good view, gorgeous views, friendly staff, just lovely. Loving the new amenities!

Yes it is amazing here!! Got a perfect room in tower 3 floor 7 with perfect fireworks view!!!

Question: I read all of Part 2 :faint: and did not see this asked. Do they have RAC (resort airline checkin) like they do on Disney property?

We haven't had to handle luggage in Orlando for a long time and it would be great if I didn't have to worry about bringing it back to MCO:goodvibes

Nope. There's nothing like that.

:thumbsup2 They do have a business center available however with computers which can be used to perform any online check-in processes which you need to complete (Including I believe printing out your boarding passes).

The resort does not have any airport transportation, so you would need to coordinate your own transportation for yourself (and your luggage) between the resort and airport.

The Resort does have a bell services area where you can store your luggage between your checkout, and your eventual trip back to the airport (Or between your arrival and checkin).

This is the first time we will be taking our family to Disney. We will be staying at WBC and can't wait. I do have a couple of questions I hope someone will help me with.

1. Do they allow strollers on the shuttles?
2. Are there any good services that will deliver groceries before we arrive?
3. We traded through RCI to stay at WBC, so is it possible for me to still request a room with fireworks view even if I am not an owner?
4. What are the hidden resort fees (tub rentals, golf, etc)?

I appreciate this thread and have been reading for hours!!!

This is the first time we will be taking our family to Disney. We will be staying at WBC and can't wait. I do have a couple of questions I hope someone will help me with.

1. Do they allow strollers on the shuttles?
2. Are there any good services that will deliver groceries before we arrive?
3. We traded through RCI to stay at WBC, so is it possible for me to still request a room with fireworks view even if I am not an owner?
4. What are the hidden resort fees (tub rentals, golf, etc)?

I appreciate this thread and have been reading for hours!!!

1. Yes, but they must be folded on the Shuttle. (Same as Disney shuttles)
2. There are several in the area. I've heard Garden Grocer being mentioned before, but there are others. I've never used them though so I can't you for certain.
3. You should be able too. You will need to wait until around 2weeks before the trip at the earliest for them to make sure your name is in the local resort system.
4. Um.... Cabana rentals cost extra. And some of the scheduled activities have a small surcharge for the supplies (like $$ for the tshirt for the tie-dye activity). Some people may consider it a hidden fee, but it's kinda standard for Timeshares..... There are started supplies of dishwasher and washing machine detergents. if you need more, you may be charged.

When you've booked with a third party and gotten multiple confirmations due to splitting up the stay, we're you able to arrange to have the same room for the entire visit? If so, how did you do it?

I booked through a third party, but since we're staying for 12 days, it got broken up into 4 confirmations.

When you've booked with a third party and gotten multiple confirmations due to splitting up the stay, we're you able to arrange to have the same room for the entire visit? If so, how did you do it?

I booked through a third party, but since we're staying for 12 days, it got broken up into 4 confirmations.

The resort tends to try and keep you in the same room if you have a contiguous stay in the same room type.

Since the resort tends to operate in a more hotel-like way than some timeshare resorts which stick to the hard full week starting on a weekend day, They have a bit more flexibility in the way they assign rooms. The multiple reservations for the stay is more of a factor of the greater Wyndham reservation system which has to account for all the resorts in it's system than something that ties directly to this particular resort.

DCTooTall said:
The resort tends to try and keep you in the same room if you have a contiguous stay in the same room type.

Since the resort tends to operate in a more hotel-like way than some timeshare resorts which stick to the hard full week starting on a weekend day, They have a bit more flexibility in the way they assign rooms. The multiple reservations for the stay is more of a factor of the greater Wyndham reservation system which has to account for all the resorts in it's system than something that ties directly to this particular resort.

Thank you!!!

Since I valued so much the review and information that I received on this forum, I knew I would have to reciprocate in gratitude an honest review for WBC after researching everything you all helped me choose WBC. So I will do my best in giving a review, and remember a lot of this is just my personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions…

Pros:
Huge savings-saving primarily in home cooked meals.
Pools put Disney's to shame in my opinion. However, I think Disney is rather cheap when it comes to their pools, I think even the Values should have at least a slide, even though I have never stayed value. (except Storm a long bay)

Luxurious room it was great to tell my DD's to go to their room when they were driving me crazy!:lmao:

Loved the Jacuzzi tub:dance3:

Bed was comfy and was so glad there were no horrible Disney comforters...Yuck, I always am highly suspicious of those bedspreads at POR and will not sleep with them...yet I am someone who has to have a blanket to sleep. At WBC they had clean white bedding, and it felt clean. KWIM?

Because we stayed longer, we even got maid service once I was a tad embarrassed though :rolleyes:, because I went into DD's room before we left for RD and threatened them all that it need to be cleaned because it was a pig sty and that there would be no pool time until it happened...only to come home to it being cleaned :confused3 My DD's acted like they hit the lottery:rotfl2: as this meant straight to the pool:dance3:

Never had a problem parking, although I had read other have had problems with this.

Driving, buying souvies off property and not fighting for a seat on the bus for my kids on late night/show rides home to resort.

WBC is the kind of resort that you really want a few "serenity" days of just enjoying the resort and its activities.

The savings of cooking meals.

Laundry in the room, I put a wash on every day, so all my clothes were clean when I came home. :laundy:

A pro was having knowledge I had gained by reading here and on the DIS[sm=worthy.gif], I knew the dryer would take forever, so I strategically timed my laundry(2-2 1/2 dryer cycles), the override for the AC was very handy. When they gave me a room I did not want because I was not an owner, I knew I could advocate for a better room and I knew it was a slower season. I knew to bring beach towels to not have to deal with the return policy of the WBC pool towels(personal choice.)because I really did not want to find a 25. charge for a towel not returned, when it was just as easy with a washer and dryer to bring 5 personal disney beach towels that were different from all the rest. Honestly, I would just throw the immediately in the dryer when we got back to the room. In the morning on my way to waking up the kids for RD I would turn the dryer on for a second cycle. Also, please note the dishwasher, washer and dryer all really loud...it did not bother my family running these machines at night, but I could see it bothering some people. :scratchin

Shopping at Wal-Mart (please not my GPS did not recognize the address WBC’s address for Wal-Mart. They gave me a whole list of places to shop for food when I mentioned I would food shop.

I was lucky to be able to check in at 10 am! Easy check out! :thumbsup2

Cons:
Keys got demagnetized...PITA:mad: but this could happen at Disney too.:rolleyes:

Parents not reigning in their kids when needed for over the top behavior in the pools, this happened several times when there were no floats kids using 3 or 4 at a time. Missed life guards[8D] or whipping floats or really unsafe behavior. Maybe because I work with kids the last really bothered me. [&:]

Driving- I hated my GPS some addresses did not computer, sometimes could not locate a satellite when needed. Hated having to use the TTC to get to MK. HATED getting lost and messing with my RD touring! Note when leaving Wishes, remember not to be sheep and that you have the option of taking the resort monorail to TTC too.;)

Cooking meals(yes, I know that is a choice but for us it really was not as one I did not want to get lost finding restaurants, and it was just easier to cook in the long run for us)

The Disney magic just cannot be duplicated

Doing housekeeping stuff I do at home. This one is for the ladies...at home I am the primary maid...I cook, I clean, I do laundry...when I am on site, I do none of these things...off site I had to do ALL of these things...now yes, I could have not cooked, or done laundry but as a Mom it just was too hard for me not to do it for all the reasons I do it at home too. KWIM? So not a true vacay for me and there was a piece of me that resented this role...even though it was somewhat self-imposed.:rolleyes: mother's guilt/get off the cross we need the wood...kind of feeling sorry for myself :rolleyes1 I do not have to be rational in this one; it is just how I felt.

Would print out MapQuest directions for everything, to counter any GPS unreliability.:idea:

Universal was super easy to get to, got lost going to MK and AK:sad2:

Remember, go left when exiting WBC for MK and HS…yes, I am sure I could get give you more info, but for me this was the most important thing to remember to me. :rolleyes1

I read many times how close DTD is and it is but honestly, DHS seemed even closer and when doing DTD remember there are a lot of parking lots…some are far from all of the shopping so be careful or you will have a lot of walking.

Highly recommend Wal-Mart for food shopping, it was easy for me to navigate because it was the same set up and COST of home and great priced souvie shopping area too. The written directions from WBC got us there my GPS did not recognize the address I gave it.

I wished I had never told my kids about all the resort activities…as we really did not have time for them…we had just enough time to fit in pools and even that time was not enough for us. My husband and I discussed how we could stay at this resort for a week with no parks, like when we rent a house on Cape Cod or a time share in New Hampshire. The cooking and cleaning part made me feel like it was that kind of a vacation…a getaway for everyone, but 2/3 get away for me. KWIM? [8D]

I read about the coffee filters for the coffee machines, but did not need them as there was a reusable con filter in our coffee maker that you just lift out and fill and clean, not sure if this was a fluke or not and just our coffee machine?

O.K. bear with me on this one…the breakfast bar chairs are EVIL[sm=117.gif] I tell you[sm=859.gif]. I must have banged into the part that stuck out a dozen times and few times I thought I would lose ummm how can I say this... my breast area region. Maybe it is because of my height…I am 5 ft., but I hit my shoulder arm areas and I even got a bruise. So although it may seem silly, I am putting this in there for all us short people.[sm=whistling.gif]

Never heard a peep from other rooms until our last two nights, I could hear a Mom yelling at her child in a foreign language and from what I can tell the kid deserved it with all of his continual banging. I even woke up out of sleep to go and yell at my little darlings for making all the racquet, but when I opened their bedroom door, I realized mid-rant[sm=icon_eek.gif] that the rant was not deserved[sm=icon_redface.gif], LOL[sm=icon_rofl.gif]…in my defense, I do not do not handle well, being woken up from a deep sleep…as my children well know and we all cracked up later how the scene unfolded.[8D]

If we stayed again, I would really want to schedule down days just to enjoy the resort and relax, I would request a lake view, and I would request building #5 as we really liked the lazy river and pirate pool. I Jacuzzi/hot tub hopped made it to 6 different ones, would have liked them to be a tad hotter as I tend to like to be a lobster. This resort is beautiful and would never hesitate to recommend, for quality or location.
Bottom line if I could I would stay at Disney, but that is more a personal choice rather than a result of what WBC has to offer.

I had read that there were torn couches in some of the rooms in building #5 this really did not concern me because for me even thought I would not be pleased to see shabby furniture, it would not make me request a different building because being near the pools I want to be near was more important to me in making my choice for a building request. For everyone this is different…for us building 5 was perfect. However, I am finally getting to the observation…one day we heard a knock at our door, the gentlemen said he was there inspect all couches in building in 5 and said sometimes they need to be replaced within a month’s time. This seemed weird to me since a month is not that long of a life for a couch, and I chalked this up to exaggeration on his part.

One day we came back and our room door was not totally closed[sm=icon_eek.gif][sm=faint.gif][sm=faint.gif][sm=faint.gif], we assume it was our mistake but are not a 100% on this and although this caused a serious few minutes of panic, nothing was missing so it ended up not being a big deal. We then triple checked every time we left the room that our room key worked and that the door was locked.

Trash bins, although I never brought the trash down, DH said you could not fill the rubbish bags too much or it would not fit down the chute. This was only an issue on our departure day as I was cleaning out our fridge.

Now although the space is a lot compared to Disney the kitchen is a bit tight and really only one cook can be here at a time in my opinion and I had to take the garbage can out and put it by the sofa table by the dining room table. Oddly we never used the dining table, even though we are a family of 5 just the couch and breakfast bar chairs.

I also bought easy to cook items and bought lots of treats that I would not at home. I let kids have ice cream for breakfast, and never really short changed them in the name of saving on having specail treats. Now I would never do this at home...but my phillosophy is it is different at Disney...it is magical...and what happens at Disney stays at Disney. :lmao:

The deck had good amount of space, but when my 3 older DD’s were out there I felt a tad uneasy (they were on an ice cream sugar high, it made me realize I would have been really nervous if they were younger. That being said the door was supper heavy and took a bit of effort to open , so I do not think a toddler could open it themselves as my 11 and 10 year old had a difficult time opening it.

Warning: the following you are about to read, try not to judge...as I do not have one of these tubs so was completely ignorant of its operations and I am usually a quite intelligent person...I got a 4.0 GPA in college. [sm=048.gif] Just, sayin[8D]...

Loved the Jacuzzi tub, learned you cannot put bubbles in this:scared:. Yikes! but boy did it look awesomely cool to see the explosion of bubbles:crazy2: in a scairy fantastic way. And also J-tub turns on by itself 15 minutes later and you are supposed to leave it alone :rolleyes1. I however, did not see the sign clearly posted on the tub counter…whoops, but did not try to interfere with this process again…lesson learned. I was even thinking of using the same brand of Jacuzzi tub when I do over our master bath, because obviously these tubs in WBC must get some abuse with idiots like me using them…so they must be good. Weird self-observation I know, but thought it was worthy to write anyways. Although, by this point you may be questioning if any of my opinions are worthy to note

So you decided to read on anyways?....well interesting notes, while getting a parking pass, I checked unmarried and lowest income(even though I am, because I read that if you are unmarried they will never bother you with timeshare appeal?) the lady was watching what I wrote as I was filling out the form and did not even have me complete the parking pass form[sm=icon_eek.gif][sm=icon_rolleyes.gif]…and I never got a call.[sm=fing02.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif] This cracks me up, especially the single part, because before i got married my money was just a good...just saying[sm=048.gif]

I never used my parking pass in my car. We always kept one room key in our car for driving to enter and exit WBC’s gates.

At check-in they asked if I wanted a key for everyone in my party, I said just two in retrospect I wish I had said 4, one for the car and one in case a key got demagnetized. Note, keep all phones away from room keys, ATM cards and Park tickets, just to be on the safe side. One more note on this subject, if you put the key in fast and pull it out fast it will not work, put it in hesitate for at least a second before pulling the key out. It took my DH a bit, to learn this…we thought another key had demagnetized but knew it could have not been, since I just used it and we had no cell phone. We had truly demagnetized one room key though.[>:(]

When checking not sure I went to the right desk because it had a VIP mat, and the girl checking me in was a bit snobby about me not being the true owner. They were going to give me a ground level room in building 1 or 2 but advocated for myself and got my request. Of course when I advocated I was polite, respectful yet, firm and let them know I would not care if I had to wait to check in.

Would highly recommend renting from 5 Star Resort, got immediate replies, confirmation, easy payment with PayPal. :thumbsup2

When using the Wi Fi, I could not figure out about the password, but then found it later that day in the tiny orange booklet they gave me in check-in. I did not recall reading about needing a password, I could have but I just did not remember reading it. So I am putting this in my report, the password is WYNDHAMBCR.

I also did not know until 6 days in that we had HBO.:rolleyes:

We went away for 9 park days, arrival and departure day for a total of 11 days. If I went again it would be for a minimum of 14 days to build in a few “serenity” days.:beach:

Summary, My DH loooooooved WBC and would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was kind of funny of how my family reacted to WBC as they must have been expecting something not so great. :confused3 Which is funny since I showed them videos of WBC on YouTube, yet they really had very low expectations for the resort and ended up being very happy about my choice. I would stay again as I saved an average of $1,000 in total for our trip. If I get free dining I would stay on site, no free dining WBC. My number one complaint of staying off site, had nothing to do with WBC but more to do with my family dynamics. I hated driving off site with DH and fighting over directions and the GPS[sm=starwars.gif]…sucked the fun out of Disney for me. The things I liked best was the savings off site, I had so much money left over from my budget that I splurged on a beautiful Dooney and Bourke bag and bought more souvenirs than I ever have, loved my kids having a room of their own and two bathrooms(this is very important with a larger family).

Bottom line if I could I would stay at Disney, but that is more a personal choice rather than a result of what WBC has to offer.

I think I have covered it all, and please note I did like the resort and in no way am bashing it, just think it is best to have honest perspectives rather than blowing smoke/people pleasing reviews when making a decision about your family vacation. I am the kind of planner that does not like surprises and I try to make very informed decisions as I am a big believer in the adage knowledge is power in all that you do. This is why this thread was invaluable to our family vacation that we scrimp and save for. So a sincere thanks to you all, for helping me to plan a wonderful vacation for me and my family.

Thanks for that great report eeyorepixie! I am getting excited about our Oct BC trip! I am waiting now for my final payment due email (we rented through Vacation Strategy). I was going back and forth on what room to request...but I think I am going with your recommendation of building 5, lake view, high floor. My dd13 is excited about the Pirate pool and I also have a 4 yr old...the pool is zero entry there, right? You have given so much helpful information in your post...THANKS:thumbsup2

EeyorePixie -- Thank you SO MUCH for your detailed report. We leave one week from today and are staying at WBC for the first time. Really enjoyed your report. I too have been waffling about whether or not to request a room type .. we check in at midnight so chances of us even having an option are pretty slim but guess it couldn't hurt to ask. We have a 2 BR Deluxe so I'm thinking building 5 ?? Not really concerned about the view but I imagine we will spend a good bit of time in the lazy river (if we have time for swimming)

Thanks for that great report eeyorepixie! I am getting excited about our Oct BC trip! I am waiting now for my final payment due email (we rented through Vacation Strategy). I was going back and forth on what room to request...but I think I am going with your recommendation of building 5, lake view, high floor. My dd13 is excited about the Pirate pool and I also have a 4 yr old...the pool is zero entry there, right? You have given so much helpful information in your post...THANKS:thumbsup2

The pool behind Tower 5 is zero Entry.... and includes the Lazy river around the fort.

(it's also home to my personal favorite hottub on property. ;) )

I am looking for a point of reference for my price quotes from different places. I will be traveling in April of 2013 with 7 people. Because it is 2 different families, I am interested in a 3 or 4 bedroom. We will be staying for 7 nights. Would anyone mind either suggesting a phrase to enter into the search engine of the 2nd thread (I have tried several and come up empty handed for specific prices), linking me to a place where fine DISers have posted this information before, or perhaps sharing how much you paid for your lodging on your trip? I really appreciate your time! :goodvibes

I just booked a 4 bedroom presidential 10 day at the end of May through vacation strategy and my total was just under $2400

I've perused threads about Bonnet Creek before and having just come back from WDW I have a couple of questions. As we drove from POR to the parks I saw a sign that said "Bonnet Creek Resort" on Disney property, is this the Bonnet Creek resort of this thread? If so, how did this resort get built on property and not be a Disney resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter