The WDW Comeback: Before/After Game

Topic 16 – Will Boardwalk Inn or Animal Kingdom Lodge (cash) be open to guests?
Before/After: 11/25/21

This is a cool thread. I am going before - I think before the 10/1 celebration.

Topic 17: When will Disney Genie Service Launch for guests?
Before/After: 9/2/2021

I believe after - likely a 2022 rollout once parks are back to pre-COVID situations.

Had not given that much thought! With the new magic whatever the name (I can’t keep up. The new ticket display option) I had forgotten about genie...

I’m torn.
If they release it now, it could get some negative backlash with capacity limits. But also a good way to test it... but paid fastpasses? That would have to be part of genie.

ugh.

Before!

Congrats on being the solo believer. I don't like to weigh in, but I really think there is a 50/50 shot it launches before 9/2

Final Results:
Before: 1
After: 16

Last edited:
Topic 18: When will Club Level return at any of the Disney resorts?
Before/After: 1/1/2022

EDIT: forgot that 18 comes after 17!

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm gonna say before. Seems like a really easy way for Disney to make a buck. I think club level will be back in place by the anniversary launch in October.

Topic 17: When will Club Level return at any of the Disney resorts?
Before/After: 1/1/2022
That’s a tough one because a lot of the perks don’t work in the current environment. Most likely it will be after with launch of the Genie

Before but without perks except perhaps free snacks served by a CM - simply as a status thing its important to have social media influencers gush about how i stayed at ‘club level’ at WDW

This is a cool thread. I am going before - I think before the 10/1 celebration.

Topic 17: When will Disney Genie Service Launch for guests?
Before/After: 9/2/2021

I believe after - likely a 2022 rollout once parks are back to pre-COVID situations.
Before mainly to get the bugs out

After, but more specifically, never. Club Level will be re-imagined to something new.
I'm not so sure about that. There are a certain segment of wealthy travelers who want club level when they travel. Additionally, club level is a DVC category for Kidani Village, so I'm not sure they can legally just eliminate it.

I'm not so sure about that. There are a certain segment of wealthy travelers who want club level when they travel. Additionally, club level is a DVC category for Kidani Village, so I'm not sure they can legally just eliminate it.
I apologize for my post then. I thought DVC and Disney Resorts were two different entities unto themselves. I didn't realize club level at a resort would impact club level at DVC.

I apologize for my post then. I thought DVC and Disney Resorts were two different entities unto themselves. I didn't realize club level at a resort would impact club level at DVC.
No apologies necessary! It's not something most people would know. I do agree they might "re-imagine" club level - perhaps serving food in a different way than they used to...

Additionally, club level is a DVC category for Kidani Village, so I'm not sure they can legally just eliminate it.

There is not club level at Kidani village. The only DVC villas on WDW property with club level access are the Kilimanjaro club rooms in Jambo House. And there are very few. Just 5 2BR lockoff villas, I believe. I don’t think there is anything in the DVC contract or terms there about club level access. It could likely be pulled at any time.

Those few Jambo House club level villas were originally regular rooms and then converted to DVC villas in 2007 - they are given access to club level only because they are located on Jambo House’s club floor. It’s probably not in the contract - I don’t think there is any legal obligation for DVC to offer club level access there.

Last edited:
There is not club level at Kidani village. The only DVC villas on WDW property with club level access are the Kilimanjaro club rooms in Jambo House. And there are very few. Just 5 2BR lockoff villas, I believe. I don’t think there is anything in the DVC contract or terms there about club level access. It could likely be pulled at any time.

Those few Jambo House club level villas were originally regular rooms and then converted to DVC villas in 2007 - they are given access to club level only because they are located on Jambo House’s club floor. It’s probably not in the contract - I don’t think there is any legal obligation for DVC to offer club level access there.
Sorry, I meant Jambo, not sure why I typed Kidani.

Topic 18 - Club Level 1/1/2022 results
Before - 16
After - 5
Nailed-It: 1

Topic 19: When will a full-scale parade (either Festival of Fantasy or similar) come to back to Disney World?
Before/After: 10/2/2021
Notes: Special paid event parades (MNSSHP/MVMCP) do not count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter