The walking dead amc #2

I never thought of that....I just assumed Abraham and Glenn because of all the time hopping.

OK, my pet peeves were the wasting ammo like they had an endless supply of it.... shooting in the air, buildings, windows but no one could shoot Negan.

What was with Rick taking a picture with the Polaroid camera?

That irked me..... I had thought maybe it was the Saviors camera because they take pics of those they kill but it didn't make sense to me. They are in a very dangerous position yet Rick takes the time to take a pic but not blow Negan away?!

The time hoping is confusing as to where we are in the story--past, present, future.

I love the actors in TWD compared to FTWD, honestly wish someone would take out Madison on that show.

There were rumors how FTWD and TWD were going to cross paths but didn't see anything, anyone else see it?

I forgot about the camera. I thought he took a photo of Negan, but I was confused as to why.

We discussed the crossover up thread a bit. We don't know which character from which show will cross over.

Ok, so I'm going to echo a lot of what's beensaid already, but here goes....

1. Why are they wasting all that ammo shooting out 5 stories of windows? I thought ammo was precious in the apocalypse.
2. Why didn't he just shoot Negan? I mean come on!
3. Why was Gabriel so ridiculously foolish with that Hill Top mayor guy? (Maybe I shouldn't even bother asking that one, it is Gabriel after all.)
4. Maggie doesn't show, but Judith ages- what's up with that?
5. What was that whole gas station thing?
6 Timeline = What the heck is happening?

I do love the show, but I was wishing it was more straight forward. After 6 months of waiting I was hoping for a bit more, but it left me intrigued to see where it goes. I didn't read the comic spoiler.

1) The only thing I can think of was to make the Saviors compound uninhabitable. Maybe force Negan's numbers to break up. If they all can't live in the same place it weakens his "power". His one thing with Rick is he is always telling him, that he (Rick) doesn't have the numbers to take Negan and the Saviors down. OR to make the compound uninhabitable which forces the Saviors to flee out in a panic and into the herd of walkers. Which is what I'm thinking the RV explosion was for. In any case, yes, a waste of precious ammo and just a giant plot hole as per usual.

2) Right?!? Shoot your shot Rick!!!

3) We've seen Gabriel do a 180. When Rick's group met him, he basically let his flock die to save himself. That weighed on him pretty heavily. I would have left Gregory's shady butt there.

4) It's only been 19 days since Glenn & Abe have been killed. Maggie is still very early in her pregnancy. For us it feels like much time has passed but on the show it hasn't. That one entire season that started with the Walkers in the quarry was a 24 hour time period. I think they've really missed the mark on Judith and the timeline. In Sunday's episode when she was chalk coloring in the street, she grew a lot in the 19 days (growth spurt, lol!), but what bugged me was how quickly her hair grew in the 19 days. Older, talking, walking Judith was a time hop into the future (whether it be the true future or what Rick is imagining the future to be)

5) Gas station was another time hop but i don't think it's that huge of a time hop (by the show's standards) unlike the Old Man Rick time hop. Even sweaty, feverish, bloodshot eyes Rick time hop is probably only 24 hours in the Walking Dead world. Lol!

6) Post 3521 above has an article on the time hops. Even though it's from a comic book website it's not spoilerish. :)

I didn't know the gas station was a time hop. I thought Rick and Carl were out scouting. The reason I thought that was because after Rick chased off the guy who was looking for food and Carl got mad, Rick said something like, "we can't trust anyone, that could be one of them." Meaning one of Negans people. Now I am more confused.

Ok, so I'm going to echo a lot of what's beensaid already, but here goes....

1. Why are they wasting all that ammo shooting out 5 stories of windows? I thought ammo was precious in the apocalypse.
2. Why didn't he just shoot Negan? I mean come on! Ridiculous! 10+ people with guns and no one took a shot to end it?
3. Why was Gabriel so ridiculously foolish with that Hill Top mayor guy? (Maybe I shouldn't even bother asking that one, it is Gabriel after all.) Stupidity as a plot device is a time honored tradition.
4. Maggie doesn't show, but Judith ages- what's up with that?
5. What was that whole gas station thing? I'm betting that starving kid comes back to save Carl or Rick at some point. And I assumed it was in the far future since Carl and Rick were not in kill mode.
6 Timeline = What the heck is happening? Hate the unnecessary time jumps. Another ridiculous plot device. Without the time jumps and suspending disbelief over not shooting Negan, it was not a bad episode.

I do love the show, but I was wishing it was more straight forward. After 6 months of waiting I was hoping for a bit more, but it left me intrigued to see where it goes. I didn't read the comic spoiler.

Crossover is supposed to be sometime in 2018 according to what Kirkman said on TD.

Great now I have to watch FTWD. I got through the first season but never watched after that. I'll have to binge watch next time I'm not feeling well and stuck at home.

There seems to be some kind of grand plan. I think that is why they fired into the air, fired at the windows, took the picture and seem to be leading the walkers to them.

I didn't know the gas station was a time hop. I thought Rick and Carl were out scouting. The reason I thought that was because after Rick chased off the guy who was looking for food and Carl got mad, Rick said something like, "we can't trust anyone, that could be one of them." Meaning one of Negans people. Now I am more confused.
It could mean 'one of them' being a new 'them' we haven't met yet....

@sharona I'm with you on FTWD. I watched the first season and then stopped....so I might try to get back on board. My father said the most recent season was good though.

I didn't realize it was a time hop either until I read the article that someone posted - it was one of 4 different time periods. But I still the think the gas station scene is pretty close to the present time line.

DH works w/ someone who is as into Fear as he is into TWD & reads a lot of different blogs & articles. According to him, the crossover will be on Fear, & the character will be Abraham... which makes sense considering Abraham & Eugene were on their way to Washington, D.C. from Texas.

I'm not sure I can take another season of Negan. I'm over the story, over the fact that they miss multiple opportunities to take him out, and feel like it just drags. Is the whole season going to be the Negan storyline?

I thought Fear the Walking Dead was actually pretty darn interesting this season - though I wish Madison would get eaten by a walker (I feel the same about Rick now too, LOL).

Not sure the purpose of the time hops but hope it wasn't just filler material.
I feel the same about Madison. Her character is just not good. She has the same emotion for everything.
Love nick, Alesha, Daniel and the yacht boat guy (forgot his name!).

I've never thought Daryl was all that cute, but I've always liked the character. I think his character is a lot of his appeal.

For me, greasy hair notwithstanding, his eyes are too squinty. And I do wish the actor would cut his hair.

The timelines confused me a bit. I figured that the scene w/ Negan outside of his compound where our people were standing behind the armored cars happens in the very first days after last year's season finale. Michonne didn't go w/ them because as she told Carl, "Everything still hurts." Rosita also stayed behind as she was still recovering. However, didn't Rick get shot in last year's season finale as well?

And I can't figure out where the scene w/ Rick & Carl & the guy at the gas station goes.

Also, Judith seems to have aged quite a bit, even in the present-day story.

Regarding a gray Rick w/ an un-aging Michonne & Carl, I'm almost thinking that it's a dream or vision of Rick's - it's how he *wants* things to be - that "tomorrow" that he wants to start living.

And maybe why Rick is aged & Michonne & Carl aren't aged is because they don't make it into this "future" - so, in his vision, he sees them as they were.

And the close-up shot of his face where he looks shell-shocked & his eyes are all red-rimmed from crying is the actual future. And it all began w/ that scene on the flatbed truck where they rallied the people for an All Out War.

But I also was just wishing he would have shot Negan when he had the chance (he had a clear shot!) & I can't figure out why he just left him there.

Also, on last night's Talking Dead, something was mentioned about Gimple now "helping" w/ Fear the Walking Dead.

Totally had same theory as to why Rick aged and Carl and Michonne hadn't

I don't think Carl "didn't age". They didn't really show him in the flash forward. He breezed by the screen so quick, I assumed because they COULDN"T age him enough to make it look real. So they just used a brief run by and his voice. Michonne is maybe younger than Rick, so wouldn't be grey and beardy in a few years like he is.

Maybe.

I didn't hate the episode but thought it was a little slow, I think because I was expecting a lot of blood.

The time hops just confuse my brain.

Okay, so Morales is back. Not sure how Rick gets out of this, although we know he will. Wonder if he'll get out of it before he gets brought to Negan or after.

I can tell you one thing, there are a lot of terrible shots on both sides of these firefights.

@sharona I'm with you on FTWD. I watched the first season and then stopped....so I might try to get back on board. My father said the most recent season was good though.

The season was OK, except for Madison, she needs to go.

I don't even remember Morales. I had to google him. I guess that is the guy rick gave the walkie to and would talk to him? For some reason, I thought that was Morgan who he talked to on the walkie. Morales coming back is not huge for me, just kind of meh. I would have liked to see Father Gabriel during this episode.

I don't even remember Morales. I had to google him. I guess that is the guy rick gave the walkie to and would talk to him? For some reason, I thought that was Morgan who he talked to on the walkie. Morales coming back is not huge for me, just kind of meh. I would have liked to see Father Gabriel during this episode.

He did give Morgan a walkie-talkie as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter