The walking dead amc #2

Fight scenes were cheaply done and looked silly... tiger scenes especially. I knew Sasha would do what she did (which I won't say in case some of you haven't watched yet). I have more to say but will wait until tomorrow to make sure folks watched.... like west coast folks.

Did anyone get a tight vibe from the little scene with Darryl and Jesus last night when they were working on the explosives? Now that they've quietly established that Jesus is gay, I would bet my bottom dollar that Darryl and Jesus are going to get a LOT closer!

I totally missed this little nuance (of Jesus being gay). How did they reveal that? (I must not have been paying very close attention.)

EDITED for spoilers.

Good season finale, they redeemed themselves a bit after last year, IMO.
I LOVE King Ezekiel even more now. He is a great character.

Last edited:
I totally missed this little nuance (of Jesus being gay). How did they reveal that? (I must not have been paying very close attention.)

Jesus mentioned his boy friend to Maggie.

Daryl is not gay. Robert Kirkman has confirmed that more than once.

Apart from the obvious that the stinky rubbish binners would turn I thought it was quite a good episode.

Only downside is another season of the Negan storyline, i got bored with the governor story pretty quick so hope they don't drag negan out forever.

No surprises with Sasha, knew she would go out with a bang in Abes memory. Interested to see what the go is with Eugene, he seems to have found a new level of self confidence. Does he have an alternative plan or has he turned into negan...time will tell.

Fight scenes were cheaply done and looked silly... tiger scenes especially. I knew Sasha would do what she did (which I won't say in case some of you haven't watched yet). I have more to say but will wait until tomorrow to make sure folks watched.... like west coast folks.

I can forgive them the tiger scenes which were nowhere near as bad as the fake deer ;)

I thought it was a good episode. I wasn't expecting the garbage crew to turn on them. I thought they would just be a thorn in Rick's side as the season progressed, but would help him defeat Negan.

It does look like Dwight was being truthful in wanting Negan dead. He cut the trees down like he said he would do and when the garbage crew turned on them you could see the frustration in his face. I also believe he is the one who left the wooden soldier with "didn't know" on it which I assume meant he didn't know the garbage crew was helping Negan.

I really thought Negan was going to get shot by Michonne as he cranked up Lucille to hit Carl, too bad Shiva went after the wrong guy.

I thought it was a good episode. I wasn't expecting the garbage crew to turn on them. I thought they would just be a thorn in Rick's side as the season progressed, but would help him defeat Negan.

It does look like Dwight was being truthful in wanting Negan dead. He cut the trees down like he said he would do and when the garbage crew turned on them you could see the frustration in his face. I also believe he is the one who left the wooden soldier with "didn't know" on it which I assume meant he didn't know the garbage crew was helping Negan.

I really thought Negan was going to get shot by Michonne as he cranked up Lucille to hit Carl, too bad Shiva went after the wrong guy.

I had to look up about the wooden soldier and it did say it was from Dwight. I didn't get that part at all but I understand now.

I liked the episode. Found myself REALLY wanting Jadis dead.

I was worried for Eugene, it looked like Negan suspects Sasha had help killing herself. For a second, I thought Negan was going to "Lucille" Eugene, but Eugene has a new found confidence and didn't cower at all to Negan. He was so bold when he said, "she ran out of air and suffocated." I thought Eugene would go back to Rick's team when Sasha said something got him like, "You still can do the right thing, I believe in you."

Love Ezekiel, he is so theatrical!

One question. How did Daryl find the little wooden figure? It looked like he dug it out of the ground, but how did he know to look for it? I didn't realize it was from Dwight, but that makes sense.

One more question. What was the significance of Maggie and Sasha sitting on the rock looking into a field talking? Was it a dream? I was kind of confused about Sasha and Abe too, they were talking about Maggie needing help with the baby. Were they talking about the night when she had the problems with the baby and they were talking her to Hilltop then ran into Negan? I was kind of confused.

I thought it was a decent episode but not all that great. I really expected more out of a season finale.

One more question. What was the significance of Maggie and Sasha sitting on the rock looking into a field talking? Was it a dream? I was kind of confused about Sasha and Abe too, they were talking about Maggie needing help with the baby. Were they talking about the night when she had the problems with the baby and they were talking her to Hilltop then ran into Negan? I was kind of confused.
Maggie and Sasha scene was in a past episode (sitting in the field )
Just a flash back to when Maggie was sharing with Sasha

I was confused about that too. Wasn't sure if it was a dream or a flashback. Guess I have a bad memory. lol

That was back in Season 5, right before Aaron introduced himself and then brought the group to Alexandria. Maggie and Sasha were sitting there talking about how they (the group) were going to make it.

I liked last nights episode and it left a lot to build on for next season. If I'm Rick I'm sneaking over to the Garbage Pail Kids dump at night and lighting all those trash piles on fire.

I read on another forum and a poster there said something like 'wish the show would quit with all the philosophizing and just go at it'. I agree. The trying to be deep just is a fail to me. This is not Westworld, it's a B rated zombie show. Just easy entertainment not brain hurting thinking. The comic was no thinker either. This episode was confusing... had to watch through and then you get it. Like I was wondering what was going on with the shot of Sasha, after every commercial break, in dark with earbuds in. Got it at the end. Got the flashback to the day they had to take Maggie to hilltop... the day Abe got Lucille'd. Took to the end to piece it together. Meanwhile, show cheaped out on the fight scene. Ie...when Siva entered and all heck broke loose, they showed Rick standing there with 'junkyard stupid talker' pointing gun at him. A- why wouldn't she shoot Rick immediately... or B- why didn't Rick jump into action and bash her quick? Just stood there forever. It's like there was no script and they just are told to play fight. The shots of them all running as a group are awful.

Also wanted to say... told you so... to those who kept saying 'this is who will kill Negan...I wonder if Negan will die this way'. Told ya he'd be around for awhile. My guess is the whole next season will be 'the war' between Saviors/junkyard dummies and everyone else.

I have a couple questions:

Did Abe ask Sasha how he died and she said at the beach?

Was the scene in the living room with Sasha and Abe a dream?

Why were they talking about Maggie and the baby? That was back when they had to drive her to hilltop to see the dr.?

I get that the little wooden figure was from Dwight telling Daryl he didn't know the junkyard folks were going to double cross them, but how did Daryl know to dig for it in the ground?

I have a couple questions:

Did Abe ask Sasha how he died and she said at the beach?

Was the scene in the living room with Sasha and Abe a dream?

Why were they talking about Maggie and the baby? That was back when they had to drive her to hilltop to see the dr.?

I get that the little wooden figure was from Dwight telling Daryl he didn't know the junkyard folks were going to double cross them, but how did Daryl know to dig for it in the ground?

Abe asking how he died was after Sasha said she had a dream he died. Then explained further by her.

The scene was a flashback to before they got in the RV to take Maggie to the Hilltop doctor.

Correct. It was when Maggie was really sick and they needed to leave to get to the Dr. at Hilltop but they also knew the Saviors could be out there waiting for them.

I don't think Daryl knew to dig for it. I think Dwight dropped it there so Daryl (or anyone) would find it when they went to shut the gate. Daryl knows Dwight's hobby is to carve these little figures so he would be the one to be able figure out who the note was from.

Abe asking how he died was after Sasha said she had a dream he died. Then explained further by her.

The scene was a flashback to before they got in the RV to take Maggie to the Hilltop doctor.

Correct. It was when Maggie was really sick and they needed to leave to get to the Dr. at Hilltop but they also knew the Saviors could be out there waiting for them.

I don't think Daryl knew to dig for it. I think Dwight dropped it there so Daryl (or anyone) would find it when they went to shut the gate. Daryl knows Dwight's hobby is to carve these little figures so he would be the one to be able figure out who the note was from.

Thanks!

I think Daryl just found the solider. Don't remember him specifically looking for anything, he just sort of saw it.

The scene between Abe and Sasha did take place before they went to take Maggie to Hilltop, it's just that we never saw it until now when Sasha was rethinking that day back. You see she tells him not to go, that she had a bad feeling. I'm sure that stayed with Sasha, that she should have tried harder to keep Abe at Alexandria.

I wonder if Negan believes Eugene. If you are Negan wouldn't you wonder why Eugene wouldn't say hey, she may suffocate in there with the 2 hour drive we have to take. I'm really upset with Eugene. I know he was trying to prevent the fight, but he has to realize Negan was going there to kill someone and nothing was going to change that. The look of disgust on Rick, Rosita and Daryl's faces were priceless. Unless Eugene does something big to help the Alexandrians, I don't think he will ever be welcomed back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter