The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diznyfanatic

Officially a Moosehead
After voting for VWL in the recent poll, I thought it might be fun to have a thread where VWL fans can get together and discuss our VWL Home.

The first thing I would like to know is where can I get some of that beautiful, relaxing, majestic music that plays in the lobby?

Also, is anyone else reminded of VWL when they hear the music playing in Soarin'? :)

Edited to add that I love all of the DVC resorts in their own way as there is truly something magical about all of them, so am not trying to exclude anyone here and everyone is welcome.

As I'm sure most people feel about their home resorts, something about VWL just spoke to my soul. :love:

09/12/07 Updated- Thanks to MAGICinMYHEART for putting together and posting this list WAAAAAAY back and continuing to update the December list. I will also continue to update this original post so please feel free to add any other dates!

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge Groupies (which also includes WL) visiting during 2007-2008:

Lodgeloafer-May 1-5, 2007
blossomz-July 5-12, 2007
MiaSRN62 - Aug 4-8, 2007
MaryJ - Nov 4-11, 2007
DISNEY FIX-November 25-December 2, 2007
Castlegazer-November 28-December 5, 2007
Happydinks - Nov 29 - Dec 8th, 2007
Nicsmom-Noverber 29-December 5, 2007
Dsneygirl-December 1-6, 2007
Kickapoo Joie Juice-December 1-7, 2007
Officer Tigger-December 1-9, 2007
Dsneygirl-December 2-7, 2007
Disneymiss- December 2-7, 2007
Julie007-December 6-11, 2007
Maistre Gracey-December 8-12, 2007
Disney Ron-December 8-15, 2007
Bobbiwoz-December 9-12, 2007
MAGICinMYHEART-December 9-13, 2007
Smileybug-December 9-15, 2007
Magicalmcwho-December 9-22, 2007
Lodgeloafer-December 12-19, 2007
DiznyDi -December 13-15, 2007
Eeyoresnr-December 15-21, 2007
Newfamilyman-December 15-21, 2007
Angey77-December 16-21, 2007
WildernessDad-December 16-21, 2007
Boudreauz0-December 16-22, 2007
KristineN-December 16-27, 2007
SFLTIGGER-December 20-23, 2007
TheBeadPirate-December 20-27, 2007
Brasey-December 23-27, 2007
Muushka-December 23-27, 2007
Tabetha-December 24-29, 2007
Lenshanem-December 30-January 4, 2008
Peepster-December 23-January 2, 2008
Diznyfanatic-January 1-4, 2008
Ammo-January 3-11, 2008

:yay: Another fellow VWL groupie here :yay:

I agree with the love of the music. I have that all taken care of, now I need to get a hold of the wonderful smells there out of some sort of can!

I just made drapes (or curtains or window treatments or whatever you call them) for my LR and they are very similar to the VWL ones, but less red and more of the cream color. I just finished them last night, they remind me of home.

We will be there in 10 days (yipee) so when we do Soarin, I will pay attention to the music.

When we are at VWL, the parks are secondary to the resort. We love to hang around and take it all in. And some complain about the walk from VWL to (fill in the blank). I look at that as a plus! Any excuse to walk around there, we are on it!

I said in another thread how fun it would be for all the VWL groupies to meet there some day.

Thanks for starting this!

I love to sit in the lobby and just take it all in sometimes while enjoying that wonderful music.

I also enjoy sitting in the big rockers in front of the Villas after a long day in the parks just to unwind.

You'll have to post a picture of your new drapes, I'd love to see them! Have you seen that seller on eBay that sells surplus Disney items? They have actually listed some furniture from WL!

Have a wonderful trip and if you think about it, take some pictures and post them when you return. I never get tired of looking at our "home". :)

I also love to sit in the lobby or in the Iron Spike Room in the leather rockers and listen to the music.
We will be leaving day after Thanksgiving and will be there this Saturday, WooHoo.

DW and I were looking at Lowe's and they have several lamps (hanging, floor and table) that match the theme of VWL, if not almost like some of them.

Just let me know when the VWL Groupies Meet will be.

Jim.

Did someone say VWL Groupies? :cool1:

The WL/VWL music is an assortment...lots of Aaron Copland. Click on this link to see a list compiled on Deb Wills's site.

I'll add that we enjoy sitting on the beach as the sun sets and a little later here comes the Electrical Water Pageant right in front of us.

And of course the lobby, where I enjoy watching people come in the front door. You can always tell the newbies....their eyes immediately go up to the ceiling while their jaw drops to the floor.

Wait a minute...that's my reaction too, and I've been there several times now! :)

But most of all, WL/VWL does exactly what I look for in a vacation. It transports me to another place and soothes my spirit. It is also loved by my family, so it also brings us together in a wonderful setting.

Groupie? I'd have to say guilty as charged! ::yes::

I'm in! :teeth:

I'll quote myself from the other thread...
Maistre Gracey said:
I am such a nerd ... I make my family stop talking and walk lightly while in the VWL atrium, just so I can hear the music!
I have been known to stand in the foyer area at WL just listening to the music. They seem to play it louder there, probably as a first impression for new guests.

My favorite tune is the one that sounds as though it's played with a Native American flute. It's very haunting, almost mesmerizing.
I just wish they wouldn't shut the music off so early.
Too bad we can't have it piped into our room! :teeth:

Anyway, I always request a room on the water side of the resort. Not nescessarily because I want a water view, but it helps guard against the dumpster view (which is not as bad as it's made out to be).
Beyond that, I like to be surprised. I like seeing the diiferent floor plans, and of course the vaulted ceilings on the 5th floor are nice. I don't request the 5th floor because I also like overlooking the atrium as I get off the elevator.

What a great thread! Thanx for starting it diznyfanatic... :smokin:

MG

magicalmcwho said:
I also love to sit in the lobby or in the Iron Spike Room in the leather rockers and listen to the music.
We will be leaving day after Thanksgiving and will be there this Saturday, WooHoo.

DW and I were looking at Lowe's and they have several lamps (hanging, floor and table) that match the theme of VWL, if not almost like some of them.

Just let me know when the VWL Groupies Meet will be.

Jim.

To Lowes I go! Are they the Mission style or the bear/tree style?

If I ever get the courage to gather us up, you will know! I would guess some December would be good. Seems like the appropriate time to meet there.

Happy Thanksgiving Fellow VWL groupies!

Oh the smell!!!! I just love the scent of WL! :love:

Love to just sit at the Trout Pass Pool bar sipping a wonderful frothy one and take in the beauty of the Lodge.

Iron spike room with the wonderful pics of Walt....puts me in another world! :cloud9:

Hidden springs pool with those cool little bubbles!

and like Granny said...seeing the newbies come in and watch their jaws drop and eyes just light up! :goodvibes

This thread is giving me the warm fuzzies and homesick at the same time! :)

Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow VWL Groupies!!! :)

For those looking for some of the scents of VWL, someone posted here a while back that Yankee Candle had a scent called "Autumn Lodge" that reminded them very much of VWL.

That scent is actually retired now, but you can still find it on eBay by doing a search for "Yankee Autumn Lodge".

I lucked out right after I saw that thread and checked the Yankee website here Yankee Candle , because they sometimes bring back popular retired scents and found it.

It really does remind me of VWL but I'm still searching for more VWL scents, so post 'em if you got 'em! :)

I just noticed that the Yankee link I posted above actually has Autumn Lodge but it is listed as Sold Out!

Keep checking it though because it wasn't listed the other day so it must mean they may still offer it occasionally!! :cool1:

jiggerj said:
Oh the smell!!!! I just love the scent of WL! :love:

Love to just sit at the Trout Pass Pool bar sipping a wonderful frothy one and take in the beauty of the Lodge.

Iron spike room with the wonderful pics of Walt....puts me in another world! :cloud9:

Hidden springs pool with those cool little bubbles!

and like Granny said...seeing the newbies come in and watch their jaws drop and eyes just light up! :goodvibes

This thread is giving me the warm fuzzies and homesick at the same time! :)

Happy Thanksgiving JJ! I didn't realize you are "one of us" :yay:

VWL groupie here :wave2:

I was so lucky to get to spend alot of quaility time just sitting in the lobby of the villas (which I love) in October. I would spend a couple of hours several times the week we were there, reading by the fireplace in the rockers or snuggled up on the couch.I have a cd I bought off Amazon that has alot of the music they play in the Lodge and villas, the whole cd is great!
Go to BarnesandNoble.com or Amazon.com and type in the title and you can hear some of the music on the cd.
The Wild West: The Essential Western Film Music Collection

I keep popping back in here in between making family dinner preparations!

Granny - Thanks for the link to the VWL music list! I keep meaning to check out itunes and figure out what that site is all about so maybe this will give me the incentive! :)

perdidobay - Thank you for the title of that CD. I just listened to some of it at barnesandnoble.com and it's great! Will have to add that to my Christmas Wish List! :)

Muushka - When you listen to the music that is playing while riding Soarin', please let me know if it does remind you of VWL or if I'm just goofy! ;)

And for any of you that will be Home soon, have a wonderful time and please post pictures as this thread sure is making me homesick too!

Gosh, guys! I'm going to have to get my photo album out to look at my WL pictures! I love that place ... can't wait until I "go home" in January!!!

There are lots of us! Anyone going in Dec besides me?? We will be there from Dec 3 thru Dec 8th. :yay:

Where is Geyser Gazer????? :confused3

My entire family is huge WL/VWL groupies too. We also LOVE the Autumn Lodge scent from Yankee Candle - still have a whole box of votives around somewhere.

Since we usually stay in a studio I spend my laundry time sitting in the iron spike room reading and just soaking up the feel of the atmosphere. There is nothing else like it.

BTW - we are such WL lovers that we play the music from the WL on Mouse House Radio 3 times a week. It plays on Sunday afternoons at 4pm, Wednesday evenings at 8pm and Friday mornings at 8am - all times eastern. Last night I added the 26 minute WL Christmas loop to the middle of the WL show.

Does anyone else make a habit of rubbing Humphreys nose each time you pass by the mercantile?

Muushka said:
Happy Thanksgiving JJ! I didn't realize you are "one of us" :yay:

:wave: Muushka! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :) (still waiting for that rematch! ;) :darth: )

I too rub Humphreys nose when we are in the lobby DVC Jen! :goodvibes

jiggerj said:
:wave: Muushka! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :) (still waiting for that rematch! ;) :darth: )

I too rub Humphreys nose when we are in the lobby DVC Jen! :goodvibes

My husband says name the time and the place :darth: :thumbsup2

I need to adopt that nose-rubbing practice. We always ring the bell going down to the villas though. That is a must.

Say, speaking of VWL trivia, has anyone else noticed that they did (not so good) chimney (s) repair in the past year? I don't like them, got some great pictures of the old ones with the night lights shining up them. Glad I got them before they changed. (These are the ones at the entrance to the Lodge). They re-faced just one side of each of the two. Picky, I know, but what can I say??

I rub Humphreys nose and ring the bells outside the gameroom every trip..it's good luck and guarantees a trip back! :sunny:

I'm not an owner, but I do :love: VWL. Can I still be a groupie?

Here are a couple of pictures from this summer. I bought DD's cowgirl dress specifically to "go with" VWL. I am a total nerd:

16156067.eb7097.jpg

16156064.93f76f.jpg

starbox said:
I'm not an owner, but I do :love: VWL. Can I still be a groupie?

Here are a couple of pictures from this summer. I bought DD's cowgirl dress specifically to "go with" VWL. I am a total nerd:

16156067.eb7097.jpg

16156064.93f76f.jpg

Anyone who outfits their child to match the villa decor is a groupie to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!