***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...any Groupies (that's the only requirement to make it on the list) who have locked into 2009 WDW vacation plans I can add those on to the end of the list and just keep an 11 month rolling list going. :)

DVC Mike ... 3/7 - 3/15/09 @ BWV

Just to make you feel better, Mickeymorse.

VWL--April 30-May 4 2009.

Trip to see F&G Show with sister and sis-in-law. Also to scope out plans for big family reunion Christmas trip 2010.

We lucked out in Portland, no snow. But tons in the mountain ranges.
Cold, though, have on a heavy wool sweater, it was just a week ago I was wearing Tshirts in Florida!

Deb

Thanks Mike. You are now on both ends of the schedule!! :thumbsup2

And now, finally, our fellow Groupie mickeymorse is no longer the last trip scheduled!! :cool1:

I'm no longer last, I'm no longer last, I'm no longer last....:woohoo: Thanks Deb and Mike;)

Hey there Groupies!

I was just scrapbooking some photos from our trip last month, and I find that really makes me miss our beloved lodge! Can't believe we were just there in March because it seems like it was SOOOO long ago. I am definitely looking forward to being there again in December. I've never seen the lodge decorated for Christmas so I'm very excited.:santa: Plus there's the prospect of running into quite a few groupies while there.:yay:

Welcome to all the new groupies and thanks to Muushka for getting our new thread off to a good start.:thumbsup2

Wishing you all a wonderful week! Can't wait to read the trip reports from Blossomz, Eliza, and others who are soon to be on their way. Have an amazing trip folks! And remember, DETAILS, we want DETAILS!!;)

2008_0309Image0014-1-1.jpg

Hi everybody. Thanks for starting the sequel to the original Groupies thread. Our next trip looks so far away, but I have to attend a convention in Anaheim this summer. It will be my first visit to DL, which should tide me over until December.

Hey Deb, that's more than 11 months out. I thought we were only listing the trips we've actually booked?

If not, Wilderness Dad will put his whole list through 2012 out here. :lmao:

Mike...you're right. Only trips that have actually been booked get on the list.

As the good cop said..."Just the facts ma'am". :)

But Deb, I'll be happy to list your trip as soon as you tell us it's booked!! :thumbsup2

Oh, okay.
I will be able to book at the 11 month mark, so sure I'll be there!
Isn't there something so satisfying about actually calling and booking.
Silly, I know, but I'm always so excited to make those calls. (Even if it means waking up and calling at 6 PST). I know I probably could wait until later in the day for May, but what can I say, I'm anal!
Looking forward to the first week of June when I can become "official".:thumbsup2

Deb

Oh, okay.
I will be able to book at the 11 month mark, so sure I'll be there!
Isn't there something so satisfying about actually calling and booking.
Silly, I know, but I'm always so excited to make those calls. (Even if it means waking up and calling at 6 PST). I know I probably could wait until later in the day for May, but what can I say, I'm anal!
Looking forward to the first week of June when I can become "official".:thumbsup2

Deb

I get the same way! I love just calling to call! Sometimes I'll just call to chat with a CM about an AR or dates or waitlist! I just love talking to someone from "home". What a weird but wonderful crew we are!!! :hug: I don't know how I'll concentrate at work tomorrow knowing I'll be leaving early Wednesday!!!!

Saw this in another post and had to share. Makes me feel all warm inside.:cloud9:

Disney Workers Find Rings
The Associated Press

Published: April 22, 2008

ORLANDO - Walt Disney World seems to have worked its magic on a Massachusetts couple who accidentally threw away three platinum and diamond wedding rings.

While tidying up their villa as they prepared to leave the park late last week, Paul Campanale dumped a cardboard bowl, not knowing the container inside it held his wife Karen's engagement, wedding and five-year-anniversary rings.

Park employees warned the couple from Worcester, Mass., that recovering the jewelry was all but impossible. So on Friday, the Campanales and their two young children loaded onto a Magical Express bus and headed to the airport.

Back at the Wilderness Lodge resort, executive housekeeper Drew Weaver realized that trash from the Campanales' villa hadn't reached the industrial-size compactor yet. He and seven other volunteers donned protective clothing, emptied a parking lot bin and waded through bag after bag of rubbish to find the rings. And they did.

Paul Campanale, 37, a chemist, received the good news on his cell phone and Weaver met the family at the bus' next stop to deliver the rings. Karen Campanale, 35, a teacher, said she was shocked by the find.

"That's not the first time we've gone through trash - oh, no," Weaver later said. "We don't always find things. Many times we come up empty. But we didn't this time."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr...?news-breaking

Wow. That is great customer service.:worship:

How is the packing going Blossomz???:banana:

Wow, that is great news to hear. Do you think they will have a special place in their hearts for the Lodge now. Way to go WL.

I get the same way! I love just calling to call! Sometimes I'll just call to chat with a CM about an AR or dates or waitlist! I just love talking to someone from "home". What a weird but wonderful crew we are!!! :hug: I don't know how I'll concentrate at work tomorrow knowing I'll be leaving early Wednesday!!!!

Blossmoz I'm so excited for you! I will be thinking about you on Wednesday! I'll be doing the same thing in 34 days! Have a great trip!

Back at the Wilderness Lodge resort, executive housekeeper Drew Weaver realized that trash from the Campanales' villa hadn't reached the industrial-size compactor yet. He and seven other volunteers donned protective clothing, emptied a parking lot bin and waded through bag after bag of rubbish to find the rings. And they did.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr...?news-breaking

Oh JT, thanks for that. It's very nice to hear good news for a change.
Guess I won't complain as much if I get that dreaded dumpster view. ;)

Blossomz,
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!! :banana:

Guess I won't complain as much if I get that dreaded dumpster view. ;)

Yes, I would think it would be quite entertaining to sit on the balcony and watch CM's wading through the trash! :rotfl:

Just another enviable view at VWL! :thumbsup2

Yes, I would think it would be quite entertaining to sit on the balcony and watch CM's wading through the trash! :rotfl:

Just another enviable view at VWL! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I'll remember that the next time I get that view!

I can't believe I've not been on this thread! I'm dropping in to say hi :flower3:
Well, some of you know that I did change the WDW part of our June Anniversary trip from the BWV Grand Villa to the VWL, because I just didn't want to not be at VWL for such a great celebration. I didn't ask the family, well, just DH and he agreed! I must report that I asked my DFamily if they wanted to change our November BCV stay to VWL as well since we're 7 months out, and, they said they wanted to try BCV and SAB. What can I say? I bought the BCV points, and I do like SAB, but still, family this is NOVEMBER.

I'm glad the Groupies are going strong! The ring story made our morning radio news. It was what I woke up listening to!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter