The VOID at DTD closing for good. Disney Springs location could be next

Interesting, I really enjoyed the Star Wars one. Never made it to the Wreck it Ralph version.

Interesting, I really enjoyed the Star Wars one. Never made it to the Wreck it Ralph version.

I only did the Star Wars one as well, and I thought it was incredible, and really not expensive at all considering the experience.

I think because this seems to be Disney terminating the lease due to IP contract breach, I have a suspicion that Disney will look into this type of experience to make their own in the near future. The VOID is very popular around the country, and in Europe. But who knows what it looks like in a present/post COVID world,

I only did the Star Wars one as well, and I thought it was incredible, and really not expensive at all considering the experience.

I think because this seems to be Disney terminating the lease due to IP contract breach, I have a suspicion that Disney will look into this type of experience to make their own in the near future. The VOID is very popular around the country, and in Europe. But who knows what it looks like in a present/post COVID world,
I wonder what the breach was because disney certainly was involved in creating that Star Wars one and Wreck it Ralph one.

Seems like a lawsuit is gonna be imminent, and no one will probably be doing these experiences for a few years...

Shame .. I am guessing the company was just probably heavily in debt to start up and only a year or two after getting off the ground their business can't be run .. and can't be run for the near future. Just probably going to go bankrupt because they can't afford the rent at all their places.

Great idea for a company and they took VR entertainment to a level that has been tried for decades .. but hey .. if no one is doing touristy things .. not much you can do.

I've wanted to try it the last few years, but just couldn't find the time because we had the little kids with us or just too busy on a short trip to reserve a spot.

This one is odd to me. How can you breach ip license while closed? Did they simply not pay their license fee due to being closed? If they broke ip rules in one if their experiences why now to kick them out Since that would be known a while back?

this one feels like there is more to the story. The timing is just odd. Kicking them out when they are not open and can’t be?

my bet is they couldn’t pay license fee due to being closed.

I thought Disney had even given them money. I know ILM worked on a their stuff. We did the Star Wars one and loved it. Did Wreck-It-Ralph too but didn't enjoy it as much. We were planning on doing the Star Wars one again before Covid.

We did the Star Wars one in Disney Springs 2 years ago. It was amazing. SO much fun. It's too bad that they're shutting down.

I thought Disney had even given them money. I know ILM worked on a their stuff. We did the Star Wars one and loved it. Did Wreck-It-Ralph too but didn't enjoy it as much. We were planning on doing the Star Wars one again before Covid.
My understanding from someone I know who works for The Void is that Disney was a financial partner as well as content provider.

I can't wait to hear the story of what happened here. If it was simply a matter of falling behind on payments for the IP license, it seems to me that Disney would rather let that slide than destroy one of the attractions at their resort that is actively promoting their IP and their parks. With the pandemic, as long as the location makes even a little revenue it would be better to leave it alone than have empty storefronts where The Void used to be. So whatever the company did to piss off Disney so much that they're getting eviction notices posted to their front door has got to be interesting.

I can't wait to hear the story of what happened here. If it was simply a matter of falling behind on payments for the IP license, it seems to me that Disney would rather let that slide than destroy one of the attractions at their resort that is actively promoting their IP and their parks. With the pandemic, as long as the location makes even a little revenue it would be better to leave it alone than have empty storefronts where The Void used to be. So whatever the company did to piss off Disney so much that they're getting eviction notices posted to their front door has got to be interesting.
I am guessing they fell behind on their payments and then were unwilling to talk.

Yeah really does make you wonder what could have happened during a pandemic to cause this. Behind on payments is most likely but especiallyif disney is a financial partner you would think you could work something out.

Whatever happened it's really too bad. The Star Wars one was amazing and I wanted to try the Avengers one they were going to be running at DLR. I really loved doing it!

This is really unfortunate. I wasn't able to do the SW experience last time I was down and was planning on doing it on our next trip if they were open.

I wonder if they could still work something out. Sad to see it go though.

Probably just some behind the scenes issues .. legal, financial, etc. Many "good" restaurants, stores -- despite them having a popular product that everyone seems to love -- fold up due to those unseen issues.

I'm sure it is lockdown related. :(

This is really unfortunate. I wasn't able to do the SW experience last time I was down and was planning on doing it on our next trip if they were open.

I wonder if they could still work something out. Sad to see it go though.

I hope so. I hope the notice was a get your attention move. I know when I used to rent an apartment one month I was late on the rent (my fault) and immediately on day 5 got a "pay or quit eviction notice". I paid and all was good. Still a scary scary letter to get. this was sounds more serious then that since it doesn't mentioned a remedy but doesn't necessarily mean there isn't an option.

Also seems a bit weird they only served it at anaheim. You would think they'd kick them out of orlando too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter