The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

We paid $124/point for our 300 point contract and $140/pt for our 100 point contract (which was right as the Disney wait list for VGC closed, so the points skyrocketed for a little while after that). I think you got a decent deal. The 1 bedrooms at VGC are amazing! 2 bathrooms!!!

Yes they definitely look amazing! Thanks for all the input guys.

One thing that didn't really make sense to me on the contract, that maybe you guys can shed some light on, was how the 2016 points were banked. Doesn't that mean that the would have had to already used the 2016 points and those were banked 2015 points? Why would they do that?

One thing that didn't really make sense to me on the contract, that maybe you guys can shed some light on, was how the 2016 points were banked. Doesn't that mean that the would have had to already used the 2016 points and those were banked 2015 points? Why would they do that?
What use year is it?

Since we're talking about it, my first contract (bought 6 mos before they opened) was $115pp for 165 pts, not even 1 year later I got my second contract for 125 points and it also cost $125pp.

I believe you said that you have a Sept UY (same as mine). Even though points don't have to be banked until April 30, they can be banked on 9/1. Perhaps since the owner was planning on selling, they didn't want to be bothered remembering to bank them during the sale process.

I don't quite understand the second part of your question with respect to 2015 points.

I looked back at your original message . . . so the 2015 points were banked into the 2016 UY, right? But your 2016 points can be used until then end of September, right? So it looks like they haven't used any of those points at all. You will get the 2017 points in September. I am fairly new at all of this, but the UY gets confusing. The UY is when you get your points. We have a Dec UY, so the points we are using this year are actually our 2016 points because they became available for use on Dec 1 2016. We don't get our 2017 points until Dec 1 2017. So the points on your contract that are 'current' when you get it are your 2016 points. I wonder if the owners can bank the 2016 points for you?

I looked back at your original message . . . so the 2015 points were banked into the 2016 UY, right? But your 2016 points can be used until then end of September, right? So it looks like they haven't used any of those points at all. You will get the 2017 points in September. I am fairly new at all of this, but the UY gets confusing. The UY is when you get your points. We have a Dec UY, so the points we are using this year are actually our 2016 points because they became available for use on Dec 1 2016. We don't get our 2017 points until Dec 1 2017. So the points on your contract that are 'current' when you get it are your 2016 points. I wonder if the owners can bank the 2016 points for you?

This is what is says.

2016 - 100 Banked
2017 - 100
2018 - 100

I was hoping that meant 2016 points were already banked in 2017 and wouldn't expire until August 31, 2018 (end uf UY 2017). Broker seemed to think the was incorrect and that the 2016 points were used, those are the 2015 banked points, and they will expire on August 31, 2017 (end of UY 2016). So that would mean they used the 2016 points before the banked 2015 points, which makes no sense to me. Otherwise it would have been something like

2016 - 200 (100 banked)
2017 - 100
2018 - 100

Now I'm even confusing myself. Haha. Maybe they're wrong? Maybe I'm looking it it wrong? Maybe they transferred the points out to one of their other accounts?

Last edited:

Sometimes plans change - they may have had a trip scheduled with their 2015 points and one with their 2016 points but cancelled the 2015 and either didn't realize or just didn't remember to reallocate the points. A bit more likely though IMO would be that they transferred out the 2016 points but were too late to do that with the 2015 or had intended to use them but things changed and they decided to sell. It's not completely uncommon to see earlier UY points available when later ones have been used.

We are staying for the first time in a few weeks in a one bedroom for five nights next month and couldn't be more excited!

Quick question. Can anyone confirm whether the one bedrooms have the Murphy bed? I've seen conflicting information online.

We are staying for the first time in a few weeks in a one bedroom for five nights next month and couldn't be more excited!

Quick question. Can anyone confirm whether the one bedrooms have the Murphy bed? I've seen conflicting information online.
In November 2015 they did. I would assume they still do. Congrats, you will love it!!!

Yes they do.

VGC got the murphy beds in the living area of the 1 and 2BR's instead of the sleeper chair that had gone into BLT and AKV before it.

Yes they do.

VGC got the murphy beds in the living area of the 1 and 2BR's instead of the sleeper chair that had gone into BLT and AKV before it.
I think Aulani will have the same, so we should be much more comfortable for our upcoming split stay than at WDW with three adults and a kid!

It's a shame the pool will be closed, but I completely understand it's low season for them for pools and they have to refurbed sometime.

I think Aulani will have the same, so we should be much more comfortable for our upcoming split stay than at WDW with three adults and a kid!

It's a shame the pool will be closed, but I completely understand it's low season for them for pools and they have to refurbed sometime.
Yes, Aulani has the same as VGC. We were just in a 2-bedroom lock-off there in June.

Yep. The Murphy beds are at Aulani too.

Now that the entry into CA is for GC/VGC guests only before 11am, is it still better to go to the main gate for EMH at CA or has the limited access sped up the entry though the hotel entrance to the park?

We just closed on a resale VGC contract a week & a half ago. 125 points @ $120 per point. June UY 0/2016, 125/2017, 125/2018. We own at VWL, BWV, AKV, & Poly. Do the deeds for VGC get recorded in Florida or California?

Last edited:
We just closed on a resale VGF contract a week & a half ago. 125 points @ $120 per point. June UY 0/2016, 125/2017, 125/2018. We own at VWL, BWV, AKV, & Poly. Do the deeds for VGC get recorded in Florida or California?
Congratulations! Recorded in CA

Sometimes plans change - they may have had a trip scheduled with their 2015 points and one with their 2016 points but cancelled the 2015 and either didn't realize or just didn't remember to reallocate the points. A bit more likely though IMO would be that they transferred out the 2016 points but were too late to do that with the 2015 or had intended to use them but things changed and they decided to sell. It's not completely uncommon to see earlier UY points available when later ones have been used.

That makes sense thank you. In this case it seems like they are still asking me to pay maintenance fees "for 2017." Doesn't seem right since the points are used. I will have to clarify with them.

This is what is says.

2016 - 100 Banked
2017 - 100
2018 - 100

I was hoping that meant 2016 points were already banked in 2017 and wouldn't expire until August 31, 2018 (end uf UY 2017). Broker seemed to think the was incorrect and that the 2016 points were used, those are the 2015 banked points, and they will expire on August 31, 2017 (end of UY 2016). So that would mean they used the 2016 points before the banked 2015 points, which makes no sense to me. Otherwise it would have been something like

2016 - 200 (100 banked)
2017 - 100
2018 - 100

Now I'm even confusing myself. Haha. Maybe they're wrong? Maybe I'm looking it it wrong? Maybe they transferred the points out to one of their other accounts?

You could rent the points out using a service like Davids or something if you won't be able to use them this year.

You could rent the points out using a service like Davids or something if you won't be able to use them this year.
Thank you.

We are all super excited! As you all know it takes a lot of research to feel comfortable with something like this. One thing I kept noticing is how happy people are with their decision to join. Haven't really seen anyone who is unhappy which really helped me in this decision.

I do have another question. I understand you can buy up to 25 points at $15 each if you're short for a stay. Can that be done when making a home resort reservation at 11 months? Here's an example.
Say it June 15, 2017. My UY is March. I have 0 points right now. I'm booking for May 15, 2018. My stay will cost me 220 points. Can I make reservation then planning on using the 100 2018 points, borrowing the 100 2019 points, and buying the remaining 20 points I would need?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!