The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Thank you.

We are all super excited! As you all know it takes a lot of research to feel comfortable with something like this. One thing I kept noticing is how happy people are with their decision to join. Haven't really seen anyone who is unhappy which really helped me in this decision.

I do have another question. I understand you can buy up to 25 points at $15 each if you're short for a stay. Can that be done when making a home resort reservation at 11 months? Here's an example.
Say it June 15, 2017. My UY is March. I have 0 points right now. I'm booking for May 15, 2018. My stay will cost me 220 points. Can I make reservation then planning on using the 100 2018 points, borrowing the 100 2019 points, and buying the remaining 20 points I would need?

It's up to 24 points and can only be done at the 7 month window.

Some details about the refurbishment was recently posted to:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/
screen-shot-2016-11-23-at-10-54-09-am-png.207427

I wonder what "spring" means for the pools. We are there last week in May... hoping that they will be done by then!?

We just closed on a resale VGF contract a week & a half ago. 125 points @ $120 per point. June UY 0/2016, 125/2017, 125/2018. We own at VWL, BWV, AKV, & Poly. Do the deeds for VGC get recorded in Florida or California?
This sounds like a good deal for VGC (you said VGF but I'm assuming you mean VGC given your question). Do you have seller pay dues or closing? I was thinking current smaller contracts (not stripped) were in $135-14O range from what I've seen. But admittedly there isn't much out there on VGC that I've been able to find.

This sounds like a good deal for VGC (you said VGF but I'm assuming you mean VGC given your question). Do you have seller pay dues or closing? I was thinking current smaller contracts (not stripped) were in $135-14O range from what I've seen. But admittedly there isn't much out there on VGC that I've been able to find.
Thanks, Yes I meant Grand Californian VGC. I paid dues & closings costs. Think I got a pretty good deal and got the same UY (June) as our BWV & PVR points. Still waiting for points to be loaded into our account. Not really in a hurry, but it would be nice to see them there. Will probably use the VGC points first at Aulani - lol.

Thanks, Yes I meant Grand Californian VGC. I paid dues & closings costs. Think I got a pretty good deal and got the same UY (June) as our BWV & PVR points. Still waiting for points to be loaded into our account. Not really in a hurry, but it would be nice to see them there. Will probably use the VGC points first at Aulani - lol.
Wow, that is a really good deal! We made an offer on a contract recently for $139 and seller wouldn't budge from $150 pp. Now I feel like my offer was way high, lol. It had banked 2016 points but still! I need your negotiation skills :)

Wow, that is a really good deal! We made an offer on a contract recently for $139 and seller wouldn't budge from $150 pp.
Now I feel like my offer was way high, lol. It had banked 2016 points but still! I need your negotiation skills :)

The sellers listed the VGC contract at $129 per point. Been watching VGC listings for a couple of years now. When I saw that listing, and being a June UY, my favorite UY, & being at a very most reasonable price, I called and offered $120 a point. The TTS called me back in a few hours saying the sellers accepted the offer. I was stunned- What no counter offer? My thoughts - Well okay then! Next hurdle, ROFR. Disney waived so it was meant to be. The contract closed within 4 weeks of my offer!

The sellers listed the VGC contract at $129 per point. Been watching VGC listings for a couple of years now. When I saw that listing, and being a June UY, my favorite UY, & being at a very most reasonable price, I called and offered $120 a point. The TTS called me back in a few hours saying the sellers accepted the offer. I was stunned- What no counter offer? My thoughts - Well okay then! Next hurdle, ROFR. Disney waived so it was meant to be. The contract closed within 4 weeks of my offer!
Meant to be all right--that's awesome. And I love the speed. Congrats again.

How reliable is booking at the 11 month out date? If I'm wanting to stay May 25-29, 2018, and I call on June 25, 2017, is there still a chance I won't get those days? Has anyone had this happen at 11 months or is it pretty much a sure thing?

How reliable is booking at the 11 month out date? If I'm wanting to stay May 25-29, 2018, and I call on June 25, 2017, is there still a chance I won't get those days? Has anyone had this happen at 11 months or is it pretty much a sure thing?

I've never not gotten what I've wanted at 11 months. Actually, rarely book at 11 months and not had an issue. I'd guess that GV's might have an issue now and then because there are only 2 but since I've never tried for one I'm not certain. You'll have no problem for those dates in May.

So excited for our first stay coming up soon!

I'm wondering whether anybody can tell me about running trails or routes from the GC? I'd like a good 10k route if possible, but don't mind loops as long as they are safe (i.e., not on the main lane of a highway, lol).

Our waitlist for a one bedroom in March came through today, hooray! We had three nights in a one-bedroom, but had a two-bedroom the first night. So thankful we do not have to move rooms now! MS was able to combine reservations and realign my points to use my borrowed points and save my other point so I can bank them if we want to. This whole trip must be meant to be, because the three consecutive nights became available in the beginning of January when we weren't even thinking of going on a trip! But our son just left to move across the country to be an army officer so I have been very very thankful for the distraction of planning a Disney trip!:cool1::jumping1:

We are renting points this July for 4 nights on our West Coast 2 week trip! I am allowing 4 nights in Disneyland before we move down to LA. I have stayed in GCV two years ago and thought they were pretty. I just looked on the DVC News site and it mentioned pool being down which doesn't impact me but did indicate rooms still being done with no definitive date of completion. Just curious if anyone knew any details? Percent of rooms done? Do they go floor by floor or certain units singled out instead? We are in a studio in July...thanks!

One more question! Can you tell me what the cost, if any, for parking one car while RENTING Dvc points? THanks!

One more question! Can you tell me what the cost, if any, for parking one car while RENTING Dvc points? THanks!

When you stay on points, even as renter, parking for up to 2 cars is included. The parking lot is across the street from GC/VGC. Owners pay for lot maintenance in their dues which is why it is included.

Finally made it through this thread from start to finish. Whew! Only thing I did not see a lot of was trip reviews. Probably just posted in a different section. For you dedicated VGC'ers, what is it about this place that you love the most? I haven't stayed yet, but for me I think it'll be about location and being able to take a break from the park when it gets crazy or the little ones get crazy.

We will be at GCH in June and wondering with the new security measures is it faster to use the main entrance or private GCH entrance on EMH for CA

We will be at GCH in June and wondering with the new security measures is it faster to use the main entrance or private GCH entrance on EMH for CA

I would say it depends on which park you're going to. Both have similar screening facilities. Two people searching bags, two scanners...

Just got back from a VGC trip. FYI, the VGC BBQ grills are down because of the current renovation. Guest services had no idea on when they'll reopen. Combined with the pool renovation and the limited access to ice machines, it wasn't the best of stays. Pool work is progressing but looks far from done.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!