The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

As long as I can find a place to book at this late date, I'm acomin'! :goodvibes

I don't know if I can join in the festivities, but hopefully, I'll be able to meet pal-mickey (Phyllis) and parrotheadlois! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the area well enough to recomend a place close to the "NJ side" of Hersheypark? or have any tips on any last minute cancellations for area hotels?

Outta here! :woohoo::woohoo:

Vacation is starting

Dodie arrive ~9:30PM

Off to NYC tomorrow and Hershey on Friday.

To everyone traveling in the next day, safe travels and see you on Friday!!

Vacation is starting

Y'all have fun Kathy and see you on Friday!

- Bill

Hitt'en the road to DC at 6am tomorrow. I'm looking more forward to Saturday than spending time in DC honestly. Can't wait to see everyone even if it is only for a day.

Say what?!?!?!:eek:

So what is the parking lot party plan?popcorn::

The plan is to pick a spot, spread ourselves out and hang.... Hopefully this will not arouse any suspicions or get us into any kind of trouble...:confused3

I was told no alcohol in the lobby of the hotel itself, but nothing was said about the rooms or the grounds.

Vacation is starting

Have a great time in the city girls! See you Friday!

I'm looking more forward to Saturday than spending time in DC honestly. Can't wait to see everyone even if it is only for a day.

:grouphug:

Hitt'en the road to DC at 6am tomorrow. I'm looking more forward to Saturday than spending time in DC honestly. Can't wait to see everyone even if it is only for a day.

Speaking of hittin', you should see what Flattie Don is up to!

Vacation is starting

Be safe you two and stay way out of trouble. See you on Friday. :woohoo:

Travel well dpuck, tpuck, and the lil'pucks. See you Saturday AM! :cool2:

As long as I can find a place to book at this late date, I'm acomin'! :goodvibes

I don't know if I can join in the festivities, but hopefully, I'll be able to meet pal-mickey (Phyllis) and parrotheadlois! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the area well enough to recomend a place close to the "NJ side" of Hersheypark? or have any tips on any last minute cancellations for area hotels?

Not sure of any decent answers, but hope you can find something!

Thank you! I appreciate the reply! (I feel a little late to the party...)

You're only late if you show up next weekend.

Current plans are come as you can dinner at Fuddruckers on Friday at 6pm.
Tail-gating/swimming at the Comfort Suites Friday night.
"Rope drop" Saturday morning.
Play hard in the park all day.
Maybe Sunday breakfast/brunch.

Did someone not mention LaQuinta as a place to stay? There is one in Harrisburg.

I am officially "in Jersey" and in Kathy's lovely home. :) Tomorrow we hit the big city with a few of our "friends."

Thought I would post an update. We are about 40 minutes from the border. We are crossing near the 1000 Islands! Car is packed we have 52 bottles of good Canadian beer, treats for our friends and all the other crap a family of 4 needs for a week's vacation.

make that 46 bottles.....burp

Just reading through getting caught up with everyones plans. I don't think I will make it but you never know last minute.

You might want to check PA's website but I think there is still serious construction going on 81. I don't known what they are doing on 81 but they have been busy for years.

Not sure if it is still going on but 81 around Hazleton area was under construction last time we made the trip home at the begining of July. Also my parents were just down 2 weeks ago and further north toward Scranton there was a ton of construction going on. So heads up for anyone coming down from that area.

You're only late if you show up next weekend.

Current plans are come as you can dinner at Fuddruckers on Friday at 6pm.
Tail-gating/swimming at the Comfort Suites Friday night.
"Rope drop" Saturday morning.
Play hard in the park all day.
Tail-gating/swimming at the Comfort Suites Saturday night (IF we are still allowed on the grounds! :lmao: )
Maybe Sunday breakfast/brunch.

Slight addition to the itinerary. :thumbsup2

Bill,

We have never done the meal ticket before. These are relatively new. But, looking at the prices and what they are, it seems to be a good deal. Most combos will run $10-15 (from what I remember). That doesn't include the drink. The cup will run $7.75 plus tax.

Also, here is another option from their site.

Regular: $28.95 (ages 9+) Enjoy two combo meals, two snacks and a refillable souvenir cup.
Junior: $12.95 (ages 3 - 8) Enjoy two combo meals with a small soda and one snack (souvenir cup not included).

So, it does sound like these meal plans are a good deal.

The meal tickets are actually not new at all. They just did not advertise them too well in the past. We got them way back in 1999. They are a pretty good deal. You get a good amount of food with them. Back in 99 you use to get the refillable mug with the plan as well as a ticket for one extra refill other than that it has not changed though. You have a list of locations to pick from so if you have different likes in your party you each can pick something different to eat.

Also if anyone has mugs purchased in prior years you can bring them and buy refills in the park for them. Refills for prior years mugs are a bit more than 99 cents but well worth it if you have them. Much cheaper than buying a whole new mug plus the cost of refills.

in my younger days i was considered somewhat of an expert in this area....... there are six pack stores on almost every corner in PA........and the ones that do not have six pack stores have bars.....and the rest have liquor stores......when you stumble out of there you will most likely fall on your face in a distributer parking lot........you will have no problem finding what you want:rotfl2:

So true there are bars practically around every corner. The town I was born in has one grocery store 2 gas stations and like 7 bars as well as a state wine store and a beer distributor for a population of less than 2000 people-this includes the outskirts btw. :rotfl2:

Just got an e-mail from my neighbor who went to Hershey Park yesterday.

That last part sounds familiar. ;)

And you are only allowed to go around the lazy river one time. If you want to go around again you have to get out and get back in line. This is what is so great about the waterparks at disney world. There is a private entrance for those renting cabanas though. They get wristbands and can come and go anytime they want without waiting in any line. They also can stay on as long as they want. The cabanas are not cheap though and if I remember correctly you are only allowed around 8 people. Those staying at the Hershey Hotel and Lodge get first chance to rent one than if any are left they rent them on a first come first serve basis.

It may be affordable if you have enough people to share the cost with though.

I think I may go for the combo meal ticket. $30 for two combos, two snacks and a refillable mug seems cheap by amusement park standards...They don't have to be all redeemed at the same time, correct?

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter