The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

So, a Customer Care Representative was quick to get back to me on Monday morning with the response that she had forwarded my concerns to the General Manager of the Hotel, and that he would get back to me by today. She also requested that I send the pictures to her and included her email address, which I did.
I am not posting her emails as there is the usual disclaimer that they can not be copied or distributed, blah, blah.
Mine, on the other hand, are my property.

"Dear ___,
Thank you for your quick response.
I am attaching the pictures I took while staying at the Waterbury Super 8, room 209, for your use.
I feel contacting the General Manager in this case has done you a disservice.
There is no way he/she did not know his/her hotel was in this shape, and I doubt he/she cares.
I refer you to a trip advisor review from 2007.
Surprisingly, it is the only one, but I may rectify that.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...er_8_Motel-Waterbury_Connecticut.html#REVIEWS
I only wish we had read it before staying there.
This experience has put a dark cloud over my views of the Super 8 chain.
I must add that we did stay at the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD in
December of 2009 and it was very nice.

I will be sending the pictures in two sets as they were not deliverable
due to size.

Hope to hear from you again regarding this matter."

I only hope her reaction was much the same as yours. :-)scared1::scared1:)

On Wednesday, I received an email from her again, apologizing for the fact I had not heard from the GM, although I had not said anything regarding it.
She assured me she would watch the case and contact me if I heard nothing by today.
She also informed me that she had forwarded the pictures to the GM.
Nothing like showing them what they already know.

Today, after hearing nothing, I sent this email...

"Hi ___,

As expected, no contact from the GM as of 3:30pm EST today.
I appreciate your attention to this matter, but again, I doubt they care.
Do yourselves a favor and send an inspection team to this cess pool.
Although, with you giving them the heads up, that may be futile.
Last Monday morning would have been the best time.
It is only 2 1/4 hours from head office at 1 Sylvan Way in Parsippany NJ.
Again, your attention has been noted, and I can only imagine what you deal with on a daily basis.

John Valletta should be proud of this fine example of Super 8 Hotels.
I'll be writing him next.

John

So, thats where we stand at the moment.
I would imagine we will not hear back from them until Monday now.
Next step...TripAdvisor review. :surfweb:

So, a Customer Care Representative was quick to get back to me on Monday morning with the response that she had forwarded my concerns to the General Manager of the Hotel, and that he would get back to me by today. She also requested that I send the pictures to her and included her email address, which I did.
I am not posting her emails as there is the usual disclaimer that they can not be copied or distributed, blah, blah.
Mine, on the other hand, are my property.

"Dear ___,
Thank you for your quick response.
I am attaching the pictures I took while staying at the Waterbury Super 8, room 209, for your use.
I feel contacting the General Manager in this case has done you a disservice.
There is no way he/she did not know his/her hotel was in this shape, and I doubt he/she cares.
I refer you to a trip advisor review from 2007.
Surprisingly, it is the only one, but I may rectify that.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...er_8_Motel-Waterbury_Connecticut.html#REVIEWS
I only wish we had read it before staying there.
This experience has put a dark cloud over my views of the Super 8 chain.
I must add that we did stay at the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD in
December of 2009 and it was very nice.

I will be sending the pictures in two sets as they were not deliverable
due to size.

Hope to hear from you again regarding this matter."

I only hope her reaction was much the same as yours. :-)scared1::scared1:)

On Wednesday, I received an email from her again, apologizing for the fact I had not heard from the GM, although I had not said anything regarding it.
She assured me she would watch the case and contact me if I heard nothing by today.
She also informed me that she had forwarded the pictures to the GM.
Nothing like showing them what they already know.

Today, after hearing nothing, I sent this email...

"Hi ___,

As expected, no contact from the GM as of 3:30pm EST today.
I appreciate your attention to this matter, but again, I doubt they care.
Do yourselves a favor and send an inspection team to this cess pool.
Although, with you giving them the heads up, that may be futile.
Last Monday morning would have been the best time.
It is only 2 1/4 hours from head office at 1 Sylvan Way in Parsippany NJ.
Again, your attention has been noted, and I can only imagine what you deal with on a daily basis.

John Valletta should be proud of this fine example of Super 8 Hotels.
I'll be writing him next.

John

So, thats where we stand at the moment.
I would imagine we will not hear back from them until Monday now.
Next step...TripAdvisor review. :surfweb:

Go John Go:thumbsup2

I saw a headline today that a piece of history will be closing. Apparently Hershey has announced that they are closing their original plant to build a more modern one outside town. Kinda sad but I'm at least glad we got to see it while it was still operational.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/blog.aspx?post=1814009&_blg=1,1814009

- Bill

As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.

As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.

Yeah I agree about the smoke stacks. That is the visual alot of people have about that place.

- Bill

Smoke stacks?
There were smoke stacks?
I didn't see them. They probably weren't made of chocolate. :rolleyes1

According to the local news the original plant will be used for office space. It was either they built a new plant or they were moving out of the state altogether. A few years back they wanted to sell the company and move it away as well. The state stepped in and they agreed to stay.

Did you drive into town and/or take the trolley tour?

Don, We didn't drive into town or take the trolly tour, so that's probably why we missed them. About all we did see was the parking lot, the park itself and chocolate world.

Oh, and a bunch of confused DIS'ers muttering something that sounded like "hub and spoke".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter