The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Ooh the castle lighting is so fun!! One of my favorite parts of Disney during the holidays.

It's so sad to see Wishes is leaving. We didn't even see it in October so it's tough to swallow the idea that we saw them for the final time in July without realizing it. Hopefully the new show is good but I'm really going to miss Wishes!!

Yay for Universal!! We just love it so much but we are total potter nerds of course. It's good to know it can still be appreciated by non fans. It's really some amazing themeing!

I took this picture remembering that @khertz 's DS loved the "throwing up kid"

Oh the memories!!! lol that was his very first time at Universal!

Yes! Universal!!

We had such a rough first visit there, but I'm starting to get the bug to plan another visit soon.

I am a huge HP fan, and I cried when I walked into Diagon Alley for the first time. It was overwhelming and perfect...I'm so glad you enjoyed it too! I think the theming there is so perfect.

I'm sorry Despicable Me was down! I hope you get to ride it...it was one of the rides we never made it on.

I hope you go back soon for a re-do!

I really enjoyed seeing Diagon Alley for the first time!

It was a bummer but we do try to do it later in the day!

Universal is so fun! It's nice that you can appreciate the HP-ness of everything even if you aren't a huge fan. I've heard great things about Gringotts and I can't wait to ride it on my trip this summer! That's such a bummer about Despicable Me; hopefully you'll get to ride it later!

You are going to love Gringotts, such a cool ride!

Ooh the castle lighting is so fun!! One of my favorite parts of Disney during the holidays.

It's so sad to see Wishes is leaving. We didn't even see it in October so it's tough to swallow the idea that we saw them for the final time in July without realizing it. Hopefully the new show is good but I'm really going to miss Wishes!!

Yay for Universal!! We just love it so much but we are total potter nerds of course. It's good to know it can still be appreciated by non fans. It's really some amazing themeing!

Oh the memories!!! lol that was his very first time at Universal!

It is so special seeing the castle lights go on!

I'm kinda glad I didn't realize at the time that it would be my last time seeing Wishes; I probably would have been a basket case! Wishes is going to be so missed!

I really do appreciate and enjoy my time at Universal! While I don't feel the need to go there as often, it's still always a great time!

LOL when I saw it, I instantly thought of you guys!

November 7th- From Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade!

After that, some breakfast in the form of Butterbeer was in order!

We admired Diagon Alley a little more, and I got to see the dragon breathe fire which I had been very excited about seeing!

Then it was time to take the Hogwarts Express to Islands of Adventure!

I thought this was really cute, and was surprised at how fast the train gets you to the other park!

We entered Hogsmeade and headed onto the Forbidden Journey, which was a 30 minute wait.

From there we headed into Jurassic Park to ride the River Adventure. We got a little wet but luckily not too bad!

We wanted to do the new King Kong ride but the wait was already 90 minutes! We decided to try and come back a little later for it.

Up next...We explore more of Islands of Adventure!

Awesome pics! We haven't done Universal in so many years -- so much has changed, I hardly recognize anything .... lol :)

Love your Universal update! Sorry that Despicable Me was down first thing in the day. Bit of a bummer. But, hey that meant you had a slightly shorter wait for Escape from Gringotts since you got there earlier.
Did you like the Butterbeer? I like HP, but I think even if I didn't I'd still love that drink. It kind of surprised me that I enjoyed it so much. (The frozen version is my favorite.) I actually crave it more than any Disney snack.

You two are covering a lot of ground early on!

Awesome pics! We haven't done Universal in so many years -- so much has changed, I hardly recognize anything .... lol :)

Thank you! Universal has really changed a lot over the years!

Finally all caught up!! MK at dusk is perfect- as are your pictures!! Looks like so much fun!

Thank you! We were having a blast :)

Love your Universal update! Sorry that Despicable Me was down first thing in the day. Bit of a bummer. But, hey that meant you had a slightly shorter wait for Escape from Gringotts since you got there earlier.
Did you like the Butterbeer? I like HP, but I think even if I didn't I'd still love that drink. It kind of surprised me that I enjoyed it so much. (The frozen version is my favorite.) I actually crave it more than any Disney snack.

You two are covering a lot of ground early on!

It was a bummer but we got over it pretty quickly :upsidedow

I LOVE butterbeer! I've only ever had the frozen one. I love it and don't really have the desire to try the other version since I've heard it's not as good. I wanted to try the butterbeer ice cream but never got to. I know what you mean about craving it!!

November 7th- 2 Big Kids in Seuss Land!

We continued the loop around the park, passing through Toon Lagoon and Super Hero Island.

I loved Family Circus and Kathy as a kid!

We then made it to our destination- Seuss Landing!

A bunch of characters were out meeting with no lines, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity for some pictures.

I think meeting Thing 1 & Thing 2 was my favorite!

We then had to get on a favorite of ours- the trolley ride!! Being big kids at heart, we really enjoy this little ride!

We continued looping around the park until we got back to Hogsmeade so we could take the train back to Universal!

We stopped for a picture in front of the Knight Bus. Now like I said, I know nothing about Harry Potter. But this interaction was so fun and the shrunken head was hilarious!

Up next...we tackle more Universal rides!

Ahh, love the Universal pics!!! I'm so excited to head back with DS later this year.

How did you like the Butterbeer?? I absolutely LOVE it. Getting more than one per trip is a must!!

Jumping on board for your TR! I loved your Wishes pictures - they made me really nostalgic to go back, and a little sad that Wishes will be gone before our next trip. I'm excited to see the new show in its place though! Looks like you were having fun at Universal! I hadn't been in years until our last trip in December, and we had a blast! Looking forward to your next update.

Butterbeer breakfast is the best kind of breakfast!

Love the Platform 9 3/4 pictures!

Oh, I hope you get to ride Kong, I'm curious about it. It's one of the reasons I want to go back.

The comic strips everywhere was one of my favorite things. I loved reading them in the paper when I was a kid! It makes me sad to think that kids won't know what they are...I need to make my kids read some, lol!!

We didn't wander too far once the fireworks were over since we also wanted to catch the new projection show "Once Upon a Time".
Great pictures of the projections!

Today we were spending our day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure! This would be the first time Liz & I experienced these parks together! We took an Uber, which ended up being very cheap compared to a cab! The security line was empty and we were walking through City Walk by 8am!
Awesome! I'm glad you had a chance to check them out together!

This was my first time getting to see Diagon Alley and I was thoroughly impressed! I have said it before, but I am not a Harry Potter fan at all. However, I still appreciate everything these parks have done in regards to themeing and its rides!
I'm with you there. Not a big HP fan. Don't hate it, but just don't really love it either. They really hit a homerun in theming though!

I LOVED this ride, probably more than the Forbidden Journey! Very cool!
I would tend to agree with you on that.

I thought this was really cute, and was surprised at how fast the train gets you to the other park!

We entered Hogsmeade and headed onto the Forbidden Journey, which was a 30 minute wait.
Wow, you guys really had some good luck with the lines.

At least until you got to King Kong. I hope you can fit a ride in there later!

Ahh, love the Universal pics!!! I'm so excited to head back with DS later this year.

How did you like the Butterbeer?? I absolutely LOVE it. Getting more than one per trip is a must!!

I'm excited for you!

I LOVE the frozen butterbeer!! I've never tried the non-frozen version, I love the frozen one too much to get anything else! It's one thing I definitely get a craving for once I'm back home.

Jumping on board for your TR! I loved your Wishes pictures - they made me really nostalgic to go back, and a little sad that Wishes will be gone before our next trip. I'm excited to see the new show in its place though! Looks like you were having fun at Universal! I hadn't been in years until our last trip in December, and we had a blast! Looking forward to your next update.

Thanks for joining in! It's so sad knowing Wishes will be gone soon, though like you I'm excited to see what the new show is like! We had so much fun at Universal! Lots of fun things to do there!

Butterbeer breakfast is the best kind of breakfast!

Love the Platform 9 3/4 pictures!

Oh, I hope you get to ride Kong, I'm curious about it. It's one of the reasons I want to go back.

The comic strips everywhere was one of my favorite things. I loved reading them in the paper when I was a kid! It makes me sad to think that kids won't know what they are...I need to make my kids read some, lol!!

Right?? Wish I could have had some today!

Thanks!

You will find out about Kong in the next update!

I love the comic strip area of the park, brings back so many memories!

Great pictures of the projections!

Awesome! I'm glad you had a chance to check them out together!

I'm with you there. Not a big HP fan. Don't hate it, but just don't really love it either. They really hit a homerun in theming though!

I would tend to agree with you on that.

Wow, you guys really had some good luck with the lines.

At least until you got to King Kong. I hope you can fit a ride in there later!

Thank you!

I hadn't been to Universal in a while, so it was fun to get to do it together!

My thoughts on HP exactly! But you can't deny how beautiful it all looks!

Yes we were definitely have a pretty productive day! I was expecting the Kong line to be long, but not 90 minutes long, especially so early in the day!

November 7th- The rest of our Universal/IoA day!

It was after 1pm and we were getting hungry so we headed over to the Simpsons Area and ate at the food court here. I really enjoy the Krusty Burgers there for some reason!

I believe we then rode Men in Black. We decided to use the single rider line and ended up being on the same ride anyway which was great!

We then decided to wait and ride Despicable Me. I think it only ended up taking half hour which wasn't too bad! This is for sure one of my favorite rides as I am a huge fan of the movie!

We then saw the Shrek movie and rode ET before walking back over to Islands of Adventure.

The wait for Kong had gone down to about 45 minutes, and I really really wanted to ride it, so we decided to wait it out. The line took every bit of that time and was also a little creepy! There is one portion of the queue where a real person jumps out and scares you. No one had any idea about this and it scared the daylights out of us! There were many screams :rotfl:I honestly didn't read much about what this ride entailed, but I heard a lot of positive things about it. It ended up being VERY cool and I'm glad we ended up waiting to do it! It's kind of hard to describe what kind of ride it is...it's not so much a simulator, but it is 3D and your ride vehicle does move around!

That ended up being the last ride of the day for us! We then just walked around Islands of Adventure just taking in the sights and purchasing some
souvenirs!

After we exited Islands of Adventure, we decided to see if we could eat at Toothsomes Chocolate Emporium, the new
restaurant that had just opened in City Walk, but the wait was about 90 minutes! We looked around a little in the gift shop and I bought some chocolate to bring home. FYI- the chocolate was AMAZING. A little pricey but was so delicious and I wish I had bought more!

Still looking for a place to eat, we decided to wait for a table at Bubba Gump Shrimp. We were quoted 30 minutes but it probably took about 45. We just got some apps before calling an Uber back to our hotel.

I was happy when we got to drive under this sign again!

We were back at our hotel a little after 9, which wasn't too bad.

We were so exhausted this night for some reason...and we had many long nights still ahead of us! After some showers it was off to bed. Back to the Disney bubble tomorrow!

Up next...A PPO Breakfast!

It's fun to explore other Parks and Places....but there's no place like being inside the Disney bubble :)

I'm glad you got to ride Kong!! I knew about the scare actors in the queue so I wouldn't go through the regular line. I asked the TM if anyone jumped out at you in the express line pretending I wanted to know for Paxton. Lol which I kind of did but it was more for myself!!! I still made DH go first to confirm though!! It is a really tough ride to describe but it was really cool. I was on the side closest to the Kong animatronic and it was so awesome up close!

Looks like a lot of Universal fun!

I actually shouted, "Yay :dogdance:" when I read, "but we decided to wait it out" about the Kong ride! I didn't know someone jumps out during the queue! (off topic, but that's kind of what scares me about HHN there...I want to go, but I'm afraid that if anyone snuck up on me or something, that I'd hit them by reflex or something! I know I'd scream, too)

It looks like you had such a fun time there! I'm going to have to start looking at dates to go back. It's been on my mind so much lately!

I actually shouted, "Yay :dogdance:" when I read, "but we decided to wait it out" about the Kong ride! I didn't know someone jumps out during the queue! (off topic, but that's kind of what scares me about HHN there...I want to go, but I'm afraid that if anyone snuck up on me or something, that I'd hit them by reflex or something! I know I'd scream, too)

It looks like you had such a fun time there! I'm going to have to start looking at dates to go back. It's been on my mind so much lately!

This made me laugh, because the one and only time I went to HHN, I got scared by one of them popping out at me in a bunch of fog and hit him in the chest!! I was mortified!!!

This made me laugh, because the one and only time I went to HHN, I got scared by one of them popping out at me in a bunch of fog and hit him in the chest!! I was mortified!!!

That's totally what I'm afraid I'd do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter