The State of Georgia vs Justin Ross Harris

This guy is a filthy sleaze, They have proven the sexting with minors at least (well I hope the jury sees that).
He is not going home when this is all over, I find some solace in that.

I haven't kept up with this trial since before my vacation...more than two weeks ago. How close are we to the end of the trial? Trying to decide if I should bother going back and watching testimony. I don't want to jump in at this point without knowing what has already happened, so I either have to watch prior testimony or just bow out. But before they changed the venue and trial dates I was so invested in it. Darn. I was extremely unimpressed with the prosecutions case when I left off, but obviously a lot has happened since then.

I also have to finish binge-watching the fall since season three just came on Netflix. Work work work! ;) I've seen some spoilers and I wish I hadn't.

Still thinking of starting a Pam Hupp thread. It might just be me and you, UR! :p I thought it would be good to catch up with everything before a trial, but there might not be a trial (I think they might plea-bargain this one) and if there is one, who knows if it will be streamed. There was a hearing that was supposed to take place this month but it's been changed to I think November 12. Maybe if the hearing is streamed I'll start a thread? A little detail I recently read…during the Russ Faria investigation Pam claimed that she didn't need the money from Betsy Faria's life insurance because she stood to get $250,000 from her elderly sick mother's life insurance. However the actual life insurance was only several thousand dollars which just covered her mother's funeral. Sure gives more of a motive to murder Betsy.

I haven't kept up with this trial since before my vacation...more than two weeks ago. How close are we to the end of the trial? Trying to decide if I should bother going back and watching testimony. I don't want to jump in at this point without knowing what has already happened, so I either have to watch prior testimony or just bow out. But before they changed the venue and trial dates I was so invested in it. Darn. I was extremely unimpressed with the prosecutions case when I left off, but obviously a lot has happened since then.

I also have to finish binge-watching the fall since season three just came on Netflix. Work work work! ;) I've seen some spoilers and I wish I hadn't.

Still thinking of starting a Pam Hupp thread. It might just be me and you, UR! :p I thought it would be good to catch up with everything before a trial, but there might not be a trial (I think they might plea-bargain this one) and if there is one, who knows if it will be streamed. There was a hearing that was supposed to take place this month but it's been changed to I think November 12. Maybe if the hearing is streamed I'll start a thread? A little detail I recently read…during the Russ Faria investigation Pam claimed that she didn't need the money from Betsy Faria's life insurance because she stood to get $250,000 from her elderly sick mother's life insurance. However the actual life insurance was only several thousand dollars which just covered her mother's funeral. Sure gives more of a motive to murder Betsy.
If nothing else , maybe come in when Leanna comes to testify. Not sure when it may be. Her atty took the 5th when asked if she may testify monday. To me there has been many days when things were very interesting.

I think the 4th is Vandeburg's sentencing. To me there is a lot of evidence that could point to help with the killing of his son. But who knows what the jury thinks.

Hope the vacation was awesome!

Welcome back!! :goodvibes

Hard to say if you should jump in now or not. I hate when I miss the introduction to a classic on TCM, but I'll still watch the movie despite I've seen it 6 times before. :lmao: I think if you watch the 11Alive stream and especially Vinnie and his guests in the morning before court and at 12:30 you might find it interesting even though you're picking it up from the start of the Defense. And usnuz did a pretty good job of keeping up with the tweets in this thread so that would help. Of course, if you don't have a damn thing to do, jump in. My grass is growing, but that crap is going to wait until I feel like mowing or it's up to my waist and the neighbors are giving me dirty looks before I mow again.

Yes, if they live stream Pam Hupp, start a thread, there might be others interested too.

And have you heard anything about Nancy Grace and her new venture? Me neither. :rotfl:

I think there is still a case for death of a child due to neglect. They can say he was a great dad and prove that as much as they want but in that moment when he was texting others and not thinking about Cooper he forgot him on a hot Georgia day. I don't know if the state considers that neglect but Harris' actions are what lead to Cooper's death. Aren't there actually other parents in jail for similar things even though it was accidental because they still caused the death of their child?

I think there is still a case for death of a child due to neglect. They can say he was a great dad and prove that as much as they want but in that moment when he was texting others and not thinking about Cooper he forgot him on a hot Georgia day. I don't know if the state considers that neglect but Harris' actions are what lead to Cooper's death. Aren't there actually other parents in jail for similar things even though it was accidental because they still caused the death of their child?
He has a lot of charges, and they do think it was neglect. I think everything he did led up to Coopers death. Hid family comes first above everything that he was doing.

He has a lot of charges, and they do think it was neglect. I think everything he did led up to Coopers death. Hid family comes first above everything that he was doing.

Do we know if he was actively texting as he parked the car at work? If the texting was very close to the time that he actually left Cooper in the car, I could see the jury going with the neglect charge. He's is such an unlikeable defendant, I think they may lean towards not letting him off with just the sexting charges.

I would be interested in a Hupp thread, I wish all trials were streamed! Nothing I hate worse than a trial ending and nothing to follow...

Never heard of Pam Hupp. Is the trial live?

We don't know yet.

Here's a good synopsis: http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/pro...t-degree-murder-alleges-attempt-frame-n636841

Do we know if he was actively texting as he parked the car at work? If the texting was very close to the time that he actually left Cooper in the car, I could see the jury going with the neglect charge. He's is such an unlikeable defendant, I think they may lean towards not letting him off with just the sexting charges.

Ran across this:

In the Harris case, the father is currently charged with second degree cruelty to children based on the allegation that he was criminally negligent in leaving his child in the hot car. Charging Mr. Harris with this offense does not require the State to prove that he knew his child was in the backseat when he went to work. It only requires that the State show that he was criminally negligent for not realizing his child was in the backseat for so long.

https://www.pagepate.com/child-cruelty-georgia-law/

CwGNYVDWIAASZRZ.jpg:large
Harris Trial: Leanna Taylor, ex-wife of Ross Harris, expected on the stand shortly in his murder trial.

redhotmess: Cathy @courtchatter
7s
#RossHarris - Leanna starts to cry when Kilgore asks her to tell the jury about Cooper. "He was the sweetest little boy" #hotcardeath
CwGRZB3UAAES8bA.jpg:large

eanna Taylor on stand in #RossHarris trial. "Cooper was the sweetest little boy. He meant everything to me."

Leanna describing her son Cooper, starts crying immediately. #RossHarris has his head down, kleenex to his face

Leanna Taylor says #RossHarris was an involved parent with Cooper, they ate dinner together almost every night.Shared duties 50-50

Cathy @courtchatter
now
#RossHarris - Leanna says Ross was a very attentive dad. Loved Cooper very much.

I keep remembering Harris saying he was leaving shortly and would get some meat on the way home when in reality he was trying to hook up with the prostitute that day Leanna was complaining to him why he wasn't home with her and Cooper. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter