The Spring Break Dude issues a huge apology.

My son goes to school with this kid, and while they aren't friends, he "knows of" him. Remember that there was no "shelter in place" at the time, actual cases were in the single digits, and the common rhetoric on the news was that young people didn't get the virus. Not an excuse, but a reminder of where we were at that time.

The kid was stupid. He said dumb things that kids say when they are with friends and tipsy. Since then he has gotten death threats and all kinds of horrible statements on social media as well as in real life.

While I agree it was dumb, I certainly don't think t rises to the level of having your life threatened. The kid made a mistake. He has apologized and is sincere.

Remember that we've all done dumb things - most of us were lucky enough to not have our worst moments recorded and played for the world.
I would never advocate for threatening another person's life - I am a freaking hospice nurse, but that is EXACTLY what he did. He chose to go and drink while underage, act like a freaking moron and a drain on society and THREATEN THE LIVES OF OTHERS. I have three kids, ranging from 10-16 and ALL of them "get it". They did not ask (nor would I have ALLOWED them to go!) to go to the beach to party with friends. when this was filmed, it was VERY clear how bad this disease was, how quickly it was spreading, and that this irresponsible behavior would endanger the lives of others. He simply did not care. nor did his parents who clearly FUNDED this behavior. Frankly they ALL should have to deal with permanent life changes due to these choices. He did NOT make them alone, and he did NOT make only ONE bad choice. He made MANY including breaking the law for drinking (or hell, likely drugging) at his age. Shame on him, his parents and every other waste of space that did the same.

My college kids were in our own version of lock down with us for over a week when that happened, so nope.

So you were the one guy doing self lockdowns at that point. Awesome!

To be clear, what he did was actually put people's lives in danger. While I wouldn't respond like some have, him receiving threats seems on par with what he actually did. He didn't threaten people with hypothetical actions - he carried out those actions - who knows how many people those kids killed.

I'd put a lot of money all of the people going to Walmart every day are spreading it more than those kids on that beach were.

So you were the one guy doing self lockdowns at that point. Awesome!
Seriously? Millions of Americans were at that point. Millions of Americans have been taking this seriously for quite a while now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter