Priority Booking - Owners vs Rented Points

"Shifting the attendance mix at Disney’s domestic theme parks from annual passholders to daily visitors who spend more on food, souvenirs and upgrades has helped manage crowds without hurting profits."

Yeah, this does not way good for annual passholders sales opening back up.
Not one bit. I do think they'll be back though, as AP's are easy money, like gym memberships. They'll just be priced higher.

Yeah looks like the days of the cheap AP's for DVC and/or Florida Residents are gone for now.

Just makes it easier to justify dropping our AP and just going once a year with a 4/5 day park hopper. When the AP was priced to break even at 8-10 days if was a lot more enticing to try for a second trip and have enough points to do it. Glad we sold one of our contract this past fall and are only planning one trip a year now.

"Shifting the attendance mix at Disney’s domestic theme parks from annual passholders to daily visitors who spend more on food, souvenirs and upgrades has helped manage crowds without hurting profits."

Yeah, this does not way good for annual passholders sales opening back up.
I agree to a point. But I do spend a lot on food, doing a table service meal nearly everyday, including Signature dining, and I'd spend a lot more on souvenirs if I didn't have to haul them around all day, and they brought back resort delivery. So I don't think having an annual pass pass, at least for DVC members, would have a huge impact on the bottom line. For many DVC members, NOT having an annual pass means they will limit their Disney travel, and rent their points in direct compection with Disney's pricey hotel rooms, which could be costing the company as much, if not more, than the lost ticket revenue from annual passes.

Matty B13 said:
Yeah looks like the days of the cheap AP's for DVC and/or Florida Residents are gone for now.

Just makes it easier to justify dropping our AP and just going once a year with a 4/5 day park hopper. When the AP was priced to break even at 8-10 days if was a lot more enticing to try for a second trip and have enough points to do it. Glad we sold one of our contract this past fall and are only planning one trip a year now.

Prices for all ticket media have gone up. Sorcerer passes are still in the 10 day break even approximation, and 11 days or so if you add Photo Pass downloads.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter