The snow is here!

It's been very cold here for the last few days, the temperature drops rapidly about this time when it starts getting dark. I've been leaving the heating on low all night. I've just come in and there was a little snowy rain falling, all gone now.

It's trying again, Joanne... :faint:

Snowing here again too, I am so sick of it. My back garden hadn't thawed from last week yet! We had 3 snow days last week and another on Monday (we should have had one Tuesday too really as I only had 6 kids in my class, 36 in the whole school from reception -year 6!!) Plus yesterday the roads were so bad I nearly crashed my car as I skidded sideways down the road on black ice! The kids haven't been out on the playground all week.

Madmumof2, I totally understand what you mean, I live on the Northants/Rutland boader.

Keep getting a flurry here, hope it doesn't turn to much, £1,000's of of fresh flowers here need to be sold by Saturday, won't be fun if we are snowed in. Can't remember worrying about snow before at Valentines day, we must have been lucky in this area.

Thats unheard of isn't it? A florist losing money around Valentines Day :faint: ;)

We havent had very much of the white stuff until today started snowing at about 9.30am. Didnt stop until about half an hour ago. Was taking youngest granddaughter to nursery at 12.30 when I met a friend and she said the nursery was closed and the children at school could be picked up at 1 o'clock if at alll possible. :faint: So much for my afternoon of peace and quiet and a cup of tea.
So we got Rosebud (our wooden sledge which my husband made for our two children about 25 years ago) out of the garage and youngest GD and I went to school to pick her sister up. They only fell off once which isnt bad going only 2 near misses. We had toast and hot chocolate when we came in and they entertained themselves until their mum came home from work and picked them up .Hope the snow goes as quickly as it came. Maybe we should all try some of this pixiedust:

Just got back from taking DS training, it was just beginng to snow when we left a 5.15 ad hasn't stopped since, the cars are covered and although it is not settling on the roads it is icy and slushy - the boys want a snow day tomorrow!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,i went Asda's at 5-30pm it was sleety rain,i came out at 6-45pm+it was snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It has settled a tiny amount.PLEASE,PLEASE no more snow.x.

Its been snowing here for about 3 hours now & its laying:yay:

Right everyone..
make one gigantic snowball with all your snow and roll it this way!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:
we havent had any at all, only a sprinkle quite a few days ago :sad1:

I'm hoping the snow that has settled has gone by tomorrow (not likely lol) otherwise no trip to the cinema for me and Kyra :(

No snow here,just rain! typical and it's freezing too brrr.
Sorry you folk have snow again :sad2:

Wow, you guys are still getting snow!

A little sprinkling of snow in Pompey would have brought an even perfecter end to a perfect day!

Robert's phoned in to take another snow day.... :sad2: He didn't dare take the chance after yesterdays palava....

Bob xoxoxoxox

Our snow has just about gone but it is really cold outside. Hope we dont have anymore makes DH grumpy :sad2:
Was pleased it had gone as I had to go for an eye test today for new glasses and was dreading going out in the snow. Anyway all sorted with new glasses they are varifocals and although one pair are free havent told DH how much they cost yet:scared1:

Our snow did settle overnight but had gone by this morning :cool1: .We have had a dull drizzly day-but the sun came out late afternoon,but was bitterly cold.It is very,very cold tonight.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter