The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

enhance
Wow, that does look pretty decent for a CS salad. Of course its still salad though :P

That's better :-)

Space Mountain with the lights off was definitely not as good as with the lights on, and I didn't really care for the music they played.
It was just kind of a weird experience to be in the pitch, pitch black.
Funny I forgot they were even doing something different in here so I didn't even notice it when we went.

nd I don't think the actors really added anything to it.
It was kind of disappointing , especially since we had been getting on with very short waits before the party.
We rode this twice during the party. The first time was great as the actors were really into it. The second time not so much.

Kelly "Hey girlfriend I haven't seen you in so long. Lookin' good" :P

It wasn't a terrible evening, but if we go back next fall, I think we might skip it unless they make it a more exclusive event and sell half the tickets (right…I know that's not happening :sad2:). It's too bad because this used to be one of my absolute favorite things, but I no longer think it's worth the money you pay. I'd rather pay for an after hours event where you get free snacks and no lines or crowds.
I'm with you. We only did our first one but I was kind of disappointed with the crowds for what we paid.

Merry Christmas, everyone! The elves have been working very hard around here! We are actually having family over tonight for Christmas Eve and then when they all leave the five of us will open all of our presents since this mama has to work 12 hours tomorrow. Nobody is happy about this (least of all me) because every year we get up and open our presents on Christmas morning. In all my years of being a nurse, this is the first time I've been put on 12 hours on Christmas Day and I am really not happy about it but what can you do? We'll try to make the best of it, and at least the kids are older so they understand how it all works.
Merry Christmas Kelly! Sorry you had to work, but I'm sure all the mothers were grateful to have you there looking after them.

He does not look happy to be at work today.

enhance

This was small but really delicious.
YUM!!!!!!!

I had the Steakhouse Blended Burger and Mike had the Impossible Burger Slider.

enhance
Your burger looks and sounds great. Mike's not so much. I've wanted to try impossible burgers since its supposed to taste so close to beef, but I cannot imagine how that could ever be.

and then he got a Bloody Mary somewhere which he enjoyed while walking around the WS.
enhance
Now this of course is right up my alley!!!! I may have had one or two or three when we had my extended family here for Christmas Eve Eve brunch

In all my years of being a nurse, this is the first time I've been put on 12 hours on Christmas Day and I am really not happy about it but what can you do?

I've been either lucky or planned far enough ahead to have not worked a Christmas in several years. Makes up for the ones early in my career when I did. :)

Gorgeous tree!

so we decided to head to EPCOT to FINALLY hit some of the F&W booths.

Yay!

The Annual Passholder line was helpful at this time of the day…

Wow! Busy!
Lucky to have a quick entrance. :)

Don't drink the Beverly!

I don't know how this poor guy does this :furious:

enhance

oof! Man, good question! I hope they get lots of breaks.

I loved this :love: It was super delicious! I think Mike kind of regretted not getting this one as he didn't love his as much.

It looked really good, too!

I learned my lesson last year when I tried to day drink at EPCOT.

:rolleyes:

:) Cute shot of you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS KELLY! Working Christmas Day sucks. My son, Matt is a nurse and this is the first year in forever that he was actually off on Christmas.:santa:

Ah! Well I live in a big city and they are still relatively hard to find so it’s a special treat when I spot one.

Well now you know where to find them, you just have to book a trip to the Food & Wine Fest ::yes::

Of course its still salad though :P

I'm going to have to sneak my salads in May, aren't I? :P

Funny I forgot they were even doing something different in here so I didn't even notice it when we went.

So you went on and didn't notice the lights were off and there was loud rock music playing? Those drinks must be stronger than I thought :drinking1

Kelly "Hey girlfriend I haven't seen you in so long. Lookin' good" :P

:rotfl:

He does not look happy to be at work today.

I wouldn't be either in 90 degrees and hot smoke blowing in my face :sad:

Your burger looks and sounds great. Mike's not so much. I've wanted to try impossible burgers since its supposed to taste so close to beef, but I cannot imagine how that could ever be.

I'm just figuring out from this TR that his was not meat :sad2: That's probably why he didn't like it :rotfl2:

Now this of course is right up my alley!!!! I may have had one or two or three when we had my extended family here for Christmas Eve Eve brunch

Is that the brunch you have on the 23rd?

I'm sending Mike to you next Christmas ::yes::

Gorgeous tree!

Thank you!

Don't drink the Beverly!

Fooled him once, shame on me. Drink it voluntarily the second time, shame on him (or something like that ;)).

Cute shot of you.

Thanks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS KELLY! Working Christmas Day sucks. My son, Matt is a nurse and this is the first year in forever that he was actually off on Christmas.:santa:

Merry Christmas Jenny! I'm glad your son had the day off :hug:

So you went on and didn't notice the lights were off and there was loud rock music playing? Those drinks must be stronger than I thought :drinking1
Exactly and I think we rode it a few times :scared1: Even more surprisingly I don't think I drank that day :drinking1

I'm just figuring out from this TR that his was not meat :sad2: That's probably why he didn't like it :rotfl2:
I wasn't sure if you knew or not. They clearly did not do a good job on the marketing of that one. Jason used to have to serve food with something called "just mayo" that actually was in no way shape or form mayo as it contains no eggs. Clearly no one is picking up on that from the name.

Is that the brunch you have on the 23rd?
Yep, we usually do it on the 23rd or 24th depending on what everyones schedules look like. Good news is we had so much food I'm just cooking one of the quiches we made for the first time this morning :-)

This was his but I made him give it to me before he could eat it so I could take a picture :laughing:

This ice cream and black cone looks delish..hope it tasted as good as it looked!

We were actually really happy with our seats and our view. I do love this parade, in fact, it may just be my favorite in all of WDW :lovestruc

This is my fave parade. I don't usually stand around just to watch parades, but this one was a lot of fun.

I'd rather pay for an after hours event where you get free snacks and no lines or crowds.

I'd have to agree with you there. They really should cut down on ticket sales for these parties because it's a bit much to pay so much for such large crowds...sadly they won't do it I'm sure...but we can dream!

This ice cream and black cone looks delish..hope it tasted as good as it looked!

He's a big fan of lime flavor so he loved it ::yes::

I'd have to agree with you there. They really should cut down on ticket sales for these parties because it's a bit much to pay so much for such large crowds...sadly they won't do it I'm sure...but we can dream!

Yes we can, and maybe someday they'll get the hint :P

That's a bummer! Luckily there are plenty of thing to do at WDW that aren't rides. That's why my DH tolerates it ::yes::

I try :P

If you've never done it, you should. I think the fact that I've been to a couple parties in the past and that the crowds were super manageable was definitely clouding my perception of this party. But you won't have any pre-conceived notions :P

And what did you think? Too crowded for you or did you get done everything you wanted?
So it was our first Halloween party so I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like we did get a decent amount done. We got to the party a bit before it started and stopped at several photopass spots, rode peoplemover, space mountain and speedway. Once the party started we did the Monsters dance party for a little while, then met Cruella, rode Magic Carpets, met and got pictures with Jafar, got photopass pictures near pirates, watched the parade in Frontiertown and ate pretzels, met and got photos with Moana, saw Hallowishes but did not have a great viewing spot....we were near Casey's but trees were blocking alot of our view, watched the Villians show, rode Buzz, rode Barnstormer several times in a row, rode Peter Pan and got photopass photos with the castle in the background and the cauldron shot. Mixed in with all of that we did about 7 or so trick or treating stops. I am not sure if I missed anything we did or not. We had already gone to Magic Kingdom earlier in the week and rode many rides then...we wanted to do some rides at the party but we wanted to make sure we did all the party exclusive shows etc

So it was our first Halloween party so I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like we did get a decent amount done. We got to the party a bit before it started and stopped at several photopass spots, rode peoplemover, space mountain and speedway. Once the party started we did the Monsters dance party for a little while, then met Cruella, rode Magic Carpets, met and got pictures with Jafar, got photopass pictures near pirates, watched the parade in Frontiertown and ate pretzels, met and got photos with Moana, saw Hallowishes but did not have a great viewing spot....we were near Casey's but trees were blocking alot of our view, watched the Villians show, rode Buzz, rode Barnstormer several times in a row, rode Peter Pan and got photopass photos with the castle in the background and the cauldron shot. Mixed in with all of that we did about 7 or so trick or treating stops. I am not sure if I missed anything we did or not. We had already gone to Magic Kingdom earlier in the week and rode many rides then...we wanted to do some rides at the party but we wanted to make sure we did all the party exclusive shows etc

Sounds like you guys accomplished a lot. Maybe I'm being too hard on it because we did all that too, but the crowds really detracted from the whole experience, especially because I remember when it wasn't like that. Sounds like you had a great time though :-)

Hello!

Before I get back to our October trip, I wanted to share some pre-planning thoughts regarding our April trip that I can now officially say is now in LESS THAN 3 MONTHS :cool1:

We were planning on staying at POFQ for three nights prior to our cruise on the Fantasy that leaves on April 6th. Our flights were booked long ago for the ungodly hour of 5am on April 3rd. We live about 30 minutes from our airport, but I still like to get there a couple hours early to park and get situated so we would be leaving our house by 2:30-3am :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

So that was the plan…UNTIL…they announced EMM at DHS on April 3rd! I was hoping they would offer it on Friday April 5th, but if they do (and it's not looking good for that), it'll probably be after our plans are all set and would be harder to change. So I checked the flights and saw there was a flight the night before that lands at 10:45 pm. Perfect! I also called and added a night to POFQ and there was still availability so we are now going down April 2-April 13th! I'm really excited to be able to do EMM at DHS with my mom and kids and I know they'll love SDD :love:

We will only have three park days and since we'll need to use a day for DHS, I think we're going to skip EPCOT this trip :sad1:
This kind of makes me sad because the flowers are so beautiful that time of year, but it's just not worth it to add the PH when we are only there for such a short amount of time and there's no way we'd skip MK or AK…especially since Nicholas' new favorite ride is FOP.

Anyway, I've just been thinking about that trip and had to share! Back to October…

October 19, 2018
Did Someone Say, "Rain?"

Let me cut to the chase and tell you right now..we did not stay for ROL.
I don't know what it is but at least four trips I have had this in my touring plan and just decided not to stay to see it.
Maybe in April :sad2:

After our morning in EPCOT, we had just a bit of a wait for a bus and got to AK around 2.
enhance

It was kind of nice coming in at this time since there were no lines waiting to get in.

They had this set up for a PP shot…
enhance

We're so scary…
enhance

Up and over the bridge, and I love when this first comes into view :love:

enhance

I can't imagine why, but we stopped to watch Flik and a million billion bugs…
enhance

It's actually kind of cute and this is just the kind of thing Mike likes.

From there we went over and waited for the next Up, Bird Show to start.
Mike and I loved the old Flights of Wonder bird show and were excited to see this one for our first time.
enhance

enhance

We didn't love this one. I think the whole story was too distracting and long. I don't know if I'd rush back here to see it again.

After that, I snuck in a single-rider ride on EE…
enhance

before we headed our safari…this was NOT the snarkiest safari…that comes later.
But it was enjoyable and we saw lots of animals doing amusing things...

enhance

Someone has an itch…
enhance

The giraffes held us up a bit as they were crossing the road in front of us…
enhance

Defiant, isn't he? :laughing:
enhance

Take your time…

enhance

You wanna say something?!:rotfl:
enhance

Word must've spread from the giraffes to the Rhinos because here came this guy to walk in front of us…

enhance

When we got off the safari, it started pouring rain. I had absolutely no inkling it was going to rain this day and I was totally unprepared for it. You might remember me bragging about how long we've had our Disney ponchos for and how when they rip we just turn them in for new ones. We have 5-6 in our owner's locker and we just leave them there so we will have them when we need it.
Well, when this rain started, I thought of all those ponchos, safe and sound in our owner's locker…back at the Poly :sad:

I stopped at a kiosk right next to the safari exit to purchase yet another poncho. Mike refused to buy one because we have so many already and he hates to be wasteful. I hate being wasteful also, but I hate being wet even more so I gladly shelled out my $9 for a lovely new poncho to add to our collection…
enhance

This was taken after the rain stopped, but it had been coming down in buckets.
Mike was super soaked as you can see in this pic…

enhance

I kind of got a little ahead of myself though. From the safari, we ran over to Pandora to have some dinner…and to get some relief from the rain. We ate at Satu'li Canteen, which was jam-packed with people trying to stay dry. Luckily, they were staying at the outside, covered table because I was afraid we would get our food and not have anywhere to sit.

To nobody's surprise, I got the Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl, which is essentially another salad.
@kastoney I can feel your eyes roll from here :sad2:
enhance

Mike got a Shrimp and Noodle Bowl…

enhance

We both really liked our meals here and would definitely go back.

Luckily (for Mike) the rain had ended by the time we were finished.

enhance

We poked around Pandora for a little bit while I waited for my FP time…

enhance

When it came, Mike went to explore somewhere in AK and I went on FOP…
enhance

When I got off, he was over watching the show on the Tree of Life which I had never seen. I walked out of Pandora and went over to meet him. This was also my first time seeing Pandora at night and it was so beautiful.
My pictures came out pretty terrible, however, so I won't share them.

Awakenings, the show on the Tree of Life, was super amazing though! We stood and watched for a long time…
enhance

enhance

enhance

The Rivers of Light show was totally in our reach at this point, but we had just had it.
Mike was still really damp from the rain and I was ready to call it a day as well, so we headed out.

We headed back to the Poly, grabbed a Dole Whip and called it a night.
enhance

I forgot to post our EPCOT PP pics that we had gotten earlier that day. We actually got a magic shot for once…
enhance

Viva Italia!
enhance

And the weird, fish-bowl pic that I kind of like anyway :P
enhance

What a great day!

We had another rather late start the next morning, but where could we be going?

We didn't love this one. I think the whole story was too distracting and long. I don't know if I'd rush back here to see it again.
I agree! I never got to see Flights of Wonder, but I saw this one in December and I don't think I'll bother to come back! I actually liked the mini bird show in front of the Tree of Life so much better!

enhance
I love it! Like - whatca complaining about?

Awakenings, the show on the Tree of Life, was super amazing though! We stood and watched for a long time…
enhance
I adore this show! So gorgeous!

Our flights were booked long ago for the ungodly hour of 5am on April 3rd.

Oh, man... tooooo early!

I checked the flights and saw there was a flight the night before that lands at 10:45 pm. Perfect! I also called and added a night to POFQ and there was still availability so we are now going down April 2-April 13th!

Nice!

I think we're going to skip EPCOT this trip :sad1:

Well... something's gotta give, I suppose.

Did Someone Say, "Rain?"

Not me!

Let me cut to the chase and tell you right now..we did not stay for ROL.
I don't know what it is but at least four trips I have had this in my touring plan and just decided not to stay to see it.
Maybe in April :sad2:

I've seen it. I won't rush back to see it again.

It was kind of nice coming in at this time since there were no lines waiting to get in.

Really!
Huh.
Had no idea.
I just assumed they'd get worse throughout the day.

They had this set up for a PP shot…
enhance

Cute. Never seen that one before. :)

We're so scary…

Aghhh! I is so scared!!!!

I love when this first comes into view :love:

::yes::

It's actually kind of cute and this is just the kind of thing Mike likes.

I avoided it for years, because I heard it scares young children. Then when I went alone... I didn't feel like it. Finally went and... I liked it. :)

We didn't love this one. I think the whole story was too distracting and long.

Too bad. From your photos, it looked pretty good.

Someone has an itch…

fleas.

:laughing:

Word must've spread from the giraffes to the Rhinos because here came this guy to walk in front of us…

Some animals are so rude!

Well, when this rain started, I thought of all those ponchos, safe and sound in our owner's locker…back at the Poly :sad:

Sorry... shouldn't laugh.

I hate being wasteful also, but I hate being wet even more so I gladly shelled out my $9 for a lovely new poncho to add to our collection…

I'll take dry over soaking wet and $9 richer.

But you do look cute in your poncho. :)

Mike was super soaked as you can see in this pic…

To nobody's surprise, I got the Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl,

Looks good, but...

Mike got a Shrimp and Noodle Bowl…

… I like the looks of that one more.

When I got off, he was over watching the show on the Tree of Life which I had never seen.

Isn't that great?!?!?

This was also my first time seeing Pandora at night and it was so beautiful.

My pictures came out pretty terrible, however, so I won't share them.

Hard to take photos in there without a tripod.

We headed back to the Poly, grabbed a Dole Whip and called it a night.

Not a bad way to end a day. :)

Cute shot! :goodvibes

I have no idea when I last commented, between the holidays and now work my head is spinning! So.......Happy New Year pixiedust:

I can't imagine why, but we stopped to watch Flik and a million billion bugs…
We saw it last March for the first time in years. It's cute to watch once in ahwile!

e didn't love this one. I think the whole story was too distracting and long. I don't know if I'd rush back here to see it again
Hmm, that's what I keep hearing. I thought Flights was good and I've wanted to see the UP one but like you with ROL we just never make it there. I don't think either of us are missing anything!

I love the TOL Awakenings! So pretty :goodvibes

I actually liked the mini bird show in front of the Tree of Life so much better!

I haven't caught that one yet, I'll have to make it a point in April or May ::yes::

Kelly, I absolutely LOVE your UP tee, super cute!!!!

Thank you! I got it at Hot Topic on a whim. Usually I don't love their clothes for me, but I just love this one too :lovestruc

I cannot wait to try Satu'li Canteen in May!!!!!

I'll go with you!

I love how close the giraffes got to you! I've never seen them that close to the vehicles before!

They were pretty sassy this day :laughing:

Oh, man... tooooo early!

Exactly! And I am a morning person but the thought of having to hurry up to bed the night before to catch 4 hours sleep was giving me anxiety :scared1:

I avoided it for years, because I heard it scares young children.

We did the same! I remember reading about it before our first trip and was like, "yea, won't be going on that one." That started a precedent and it took us years to finally try it and then we were pleasantly surprised ::yes::

Too bad. From your photos, it looked pretty good.

The birds are outstanding, the rest of the show…meh.

But you do look cute in your poncho. :)

This old thing? Why, I only wear it when I don't care how I look :-)

(Points if you can name the movie that line is from)

Isn't that great?!?!?

Gorgeous :worship:

Hard to take photos in there without a tripod.

Is that the trick? I guess I'll never have a good photo there then :sad2:

So.......Happy New Year pixiedust:

Happy New Year!

No worries, I can see how busy you've been!

I don't think either of us are missing anything!

I kind of agree which is probably why I can't make myself stay ever :sad2:

I love the TOL Awakenings! So pretty :goodvibes

:love:

Exactly! And I am a morning person but the thought of having to hurry up to bed the night before to catch 4 hours sleep was giving me anxiety :scared1:

Which then makes it impossible to sleep at all... or... you fall asleep a few minutes before your alarm and it's even worse.

We did the same! I remember reading about it before our first trip and was like, "yea, won't be going on that one." That started a precedent and it took us years to finally try it and then we were pleasantly surprised ::yes::

The birds are outstanding, the rest of the show…meh.

Well.... poop. I liked the old one.

Show... not bird.
Well... unless there was an old bird, too, then I liked that one.

This old thing? Why, I only wear it when I don't care how I look :-)

(Points if you can name the movie that line is from)

How very seasonal of you. I haven't watched it in a couple years, even though I own a copy. :)

Is that the trick? I guess I'll never have a good photo there then :sad2:

Or... Fast lens, high ISO, slowish shutter speed.
But even then... good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter