The Running Thread - 2019

Last week was the first time we did anything close to a complete runcation. We went to Bozeman for the Run to the Pub, but did a few other fun things leading up to that. The race was more of a fun run for us.

We have taken other trips to Chattanooga and Savannah for marathons, but we were very focused on the race itself on those trips.

ATTQOTD: I haven't planned any other holiday trips around a race, but I have looked for a race to run in a place I was going to be visiting on holiday, in particular the Callander Games Hill Race while on a vacation in Scotland in 2011. The race was 13.7 km (or 10 km and a wee bit more, as the organizers described it!) of very mixed terrain, including two hills (up one side, down the other), sheep pasture, dirt road, stone stairs, and the "none shall pass" bridge featured in Monty Python's Holy Grail. It certainly helped to make the holiday memorable!

I've been to Callander, too--wouldn't have expected many people to have been there.. Probably walked some of those same trails, roads.

Sorry to hijack the running talk, but I need you guys to tune into https://akc.tv/ tonight. My Border Collie Harlow and I are running in the AKC Agility National Championship Finals!!! Doubt we’ll win, but we’ll have fun and do our best. :)

Aw man, I wish I'd seen this earlier! I went back and watched the replay and saw it though. :) Congrats to you guys, you had a great run! I had only watched the 16" preferred and 24" groups earlier because a local-ish lady that runs the facility we trial a lot at was running in those finals (and won the 16" preferred one).

Penny and I will never be national finalists (well definitely not at AKC because we primarily do USDAA :D), but we have fun. :) I am jealous of people with fast dogs with lots of drive, though! Penny likes running and jumping but she's a mutt and her drive is wishy washy. :D

I want to watch this but not sure where to find the replay of it. Is there a link or anything for it?

I want to watch this but not sure where to find the replay of it. Is there a link or anything for it?
I should have posted the link in my reply for others for the replay... I knew there would be a start list somewhere since I do agility and I had to search for "Harlow" to find out what group he was jumping in to find what replay to watch. :)

QOTD: Running shorts liners. Do you cut them out? And if you keep them, do you wear them with or without underwear?

ATTQOTD: I keep them in and sometimes wear the boxer briefs with them. Not sure if that is the correct term but they are like bike shorts...

ATTQOTD: I keep them in, but when I wear compression shorts underneath I have shorts without a liner.

ATTQOTD:

I keep the liners in and do not wear underwear. The liners prevent any, um, unexpected or inappropriate appearances and underwear would merely be added material for chafing opportunities.

Last week was the first time we did anything close to a complete runcation. We went to Bozeman for the Run to the Pub, but did a few other fun things leading up to that. The race was more of a fun run for us.

We have taken other trips to Chattanooga and Savannah for marathons, but we were very focused on the race itself on those trips.
Savannah sounds like a great place for a race.

Attqotd: don’t wear proper running shorts anymore, but when I had liners I left them in and wore compression shorts. Mostly out of laziness. I had thought about cutting them out. I thought about running without compression shorts too, but with anything in my pockets the shorts rode up until there would no mysteries.

QOTD: Running shorts liners. Do you cut them out? And if you keep them, do you wear them with or without underwear?

When I started wearing compression shorts underneath (about 15 years ago), I started cutting them out. I now search for running shorts without the liner. They are getting easier to find, but that was not always the case. I have not had to cut out a liner in about 5 years.

ATTQOTD: This was my question so thanks for posting. I have several pairs of shorts that have liners (and several without). I have always left the liners in even though I always wear compression shorts underneath. The liner seems completely unnecessary to me but it also doesn't bother me which is why I have left them. But I guess I should try cutting them out of a pair to see how that goes. I tried once to wear them without undershorts as I know alot of folks do that and when I did, I experienced alot of rubbing and then chaffing on my inner thighs.

ATTQOTD racecations:
I vacationed while running in Ottawa: We skated on the Rideau canal on the eve of a winter race.

What is more likely is to run while on vacation: I try to find a race wherever we plan on going for over a week. Some Me time I guess. I ran in Hawaii last summer and plan running in California next summer.

Same here. I only do Disney racecations, but I do run while on vacation. There are a few destination races on my bucket list though.

I love this quote. I actually have the workout she says this on.

ATTQOTD: I keep them in and sometimes wear the boxer briefs with them. Not sure if that is the correct term but they are like bike shorts...

I wear running shorts only as regular shorts, so I cut them out. I like running in either capris or bike-type shorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter