-50: @Dis_Yoda
-47: @flav
-46: @AntimonyER
-45: @Jules76126
-44: @KSellers88
-38: @Baloo in MI
-34: @PrincessV
-17: @rdiver

Double check any scores or answers for accuracy. I hope to bang out the Reverse Sheep Answers tonight. :)

RunDisney (Reverse) Sheep Trivia

Question 9 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352150

9) Bonus 2X Points Sheep Question: If you ran every possible runDisney race in 2017 at Walt Disney World (available to Adults), how many medals would you have earned?

**Really surprised how many missed this one. I thought it would be a slam dunk…

Because of Star Wars Virtual + Kessel Run - it was 20 for me

Awesome!! Congrats! Love the pic! :banana::banana::banana:
Thank you! Love that I got some dancing bananas hehehe!

Wow! Congrats! You're looking speedy in the picture!
Thank you!!

Congrats @sourire on your first sprint tri! Amazing accomplishment and you look so happy in the pic!
Thank you!!

Look at that smiling, happy face!!!
I’m so proud of you - I know you were nervous about trying a Tri (ha ha ha), but I’m so glad you loved it!
So - when’s your next Tri???
Thanks!! So glad that I was able to do it, as things were a little iffy with the return to run plan, initially. Wasn't sure the foot would be ready/okay for the run, but hooray that it all worked out!
Great question! Next up, I have a half marathon to train for, coming up in November. But, it's like you read my mind because I was already looking up some winter triathlons with the swim leg in the pool. Also, I've now got DH thinking about one too...He's ready for swim lessons from my coach and to do a sprint in the spring!

LBI Sprint Triathlon Recap

Short version:
I completed my first sprint tri, AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Time: 1:31:56

Long-winded version:
This was a great race for a beginner! There were only about 300 ppl total, and the race officials and volunteers were great about reminding us of where to go and what to do next. It consisted of a 1/4 mile bay swim, 10 mile bike ride, and 5k run.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but my favorite part was actually the swim! I had so much angst about the swim going into it, but turns out, those 2 months of forced swimming due to my foot injury and those couple of lessons with the tri coach really paid off. I was all sorts of excited when I caught up to a few of the guys who set off in the wave before mine! The swim was over before I knew what happened, and I wanted to stay in the bay a little longer. The water temp was 73 degrees, and it felt lovely b/c the day started off quite warmly. Of note, I practiced my open water swimming this summer in a lake. I know that physics tells us this is true, and while I doubt that it could have helped more than a few seconds, I sure felt a lot more buoyant, faster, and smooth in the salty water of the bay. Maybe it was all race day adrenaline and the mild current going in our favor?

Skipping ahead, I thought for sure that I'd be so relieved to finally get to the run, that it would clearly be my fave part of the race, but nope. That last 5k had moments where I could have sworn I was in my own personal mile 18 of the marathon, with its mental struggles and fatigue. =P By the time I was out on the run, the sun was majorly out, and it was freaking hot. I had no idea what my run pace was, as I had set my garmin forerunner into cardio mode, and the display was showing only overall distance and time, and we all know that #runmath gets extra difficult when you are tired. So anyway, I just kept trying to run and repeated various mantras. The "relentless pursuit of forward momentum" comes to mind. I was humbled by the ladies ~30+ years my senior seriously kicking my a$$ (I really enjoyed being able to see the ages marked just under our right knees). I wanted to hug them and have a chat, but they were moving too fast. My 5k time ended up as 31:15, which is good for me, considering that a swim and a ride came beforehand. Haven't run miles beginning in 10:xx since pre-injury, during my last race in April. I guess the swimming and the cycling really helped to at least maintain fitness and aid in recovery!

As you can see, I could ramble on about this for a solid hour, but suffice it to say that the whole experience was quite a different animal than a running race experience, and I can see how this sport could be as addictive as running. What a challenge. What a feeling at that finish line! I think this pic probably says it all. (And, my foot felt fine yesterday, but usually everything feels great at a finish line! It still feels fine tonight, so I am relieved!) Thank you for reading!!

Nice job! And great rebound from your foot injury! Keep going and stay free from injury!

Question 9 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352150

9) Bonus 2X Points Sheep Question: If you ran every possible runDisney race in 2017 at Walt Disney World (available to Adults), how many medals would you have earned?

Responses:

18 (-20)

capang; flav; gjramsey; Kazrak; roxymama; Rteetz; run.minnie.miles; TheHamm; YawningDodo; Zellyb

10 (0)
McNs

12 (0)
AntimonyER

13 (0)
cburnett11

14 (0)
Jules76126

15 (0)
Baloo in MI

19 (0)
Rdiver

20 (0)
Dis_Yoda; PrincessV

22 (0)
ksellers88

24 (0)
MissLiss279

29 (0)
PCFriar80

35 (0)
Disney at Heart

44 (0)
Homeiswheremickeyis
And I added all the virtual and extra medals because theoretically you could run the virtual runs at Disney World. I went back and forth for a while on that one. :) I guess if I thought about it more, the virtual runs aren’t races??

Question 9 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352150

Responses:

18 (-20)

capang; flav; gjramsey; Kazrak; roxymama; Rteetz; run.minnie.miles; TheHamm; YawningDodo; Zellyb

10 (0)
McNs

12 (0)
AntimonyER

13 (0)
cburnett11

14 (0)
Jules76126

15 (0)
Baloo in MI

19 (0)
Rdiver

20 (0)
Dis_Yoda; PrincessV

22 (0)
ksellers88

24 (0)
MissLiss279

29 (0)
PCFriar80

35 (0)
Disney at Heart

44 (0)
Homeiswheremickeyis

@huskies90 Oops. I misread the question. I was trying to count ALL rD medals, not just the WDW ones!

Same. I had such a hard time remembering what races were run in 2017 and when it was that the Disneyland races were cancelled. Sigh. I need to read questions better. o_O :upsidedow

Question 9 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352150

I'm going to ask this sheepishly, but how does the 2017 1/2 marathon cancellation factor in to the total?

Sorry @Sleepless Knight. I just looked up Alderaan. I had never seen it in print, but know of it from seeing "A New Hope" in 197? and a few times since on tv. Since it was Leia's home planet that was destroyed by the Death Star, I felt a great a great sadness in the Force when I realized that I misspelled it. I bow to the Jedi master!

ATTQOTD: Both. My feet hurt after a long run/race AND after a day in the parks ever since January's Dopey. The plantar fasciitis has not been easy.
You more than make up for a very minor thing that is not to be worried about (hence why I didn't mention which one was misspelled) with a line referencing the part in the movie where Obi-Wan realized something really terrible had happened.

I was on the fence about kessel run medal bc of the whole virtual thingy. But decided against counting it. So is zellyb the clear frontrunner at this point? :)
Would Coast to Coast apply as well for 2017 since finishing a WDW half or the full is a requirement to earn the Coast to Coast?

Aaaggghhh!!!! Stupid Disboards. I had quoted stuff to respond to as I read through a bazillion pages then the website ate it and now I don't remember who or what I was quoting. Grrr....

So congrats to all the racers and triathlon people. Boo to anyone with injuries. I was so confused by the question game and forgot to go back to it and answer.

ATTQOTD: Being on my feet in the parks all day does me in. My feet have never hurt after a race.

Would Coast to Coast apply as well for 2017 since finishing a WDW half or the full is a requirement to earn the Coast to Coast?

I thought about that too. But I say no for this question. It asked if you run every WDW race how many would you earn. You wouldn't be able to assume that people also ran DL races or virtuals. All people who ran every 2017 WDW race would have earned 18 medals including the HM that didn't go. A percentage of those people may have earned other medals bc of DL and virtuals.
I think?

Because of Star Wars Virtual + Kessel Run - it was 20 for me

And I added all the virtual and extra medals because theoretically you could run the virtual runs at Disney World. I went back and forth for a while on that one. :) I guess if I thought about it more, the virtual runs aren’t races??

Yeah, I think you guys may have over thought this one a little. The question was if you ran all the races at WDW, how many medals would you earn. It didn’t ask if you ran other races how many could you have potentially earned, just if you ran the races at WDW. As for Kessel, I do not believe that was a virtual run in 2017 and did not become one until the Light Side was canceled for 2018.

I'm going to ask this sheepishly, but how does the 2017 1/2 marathon cancellation factor in to the total?

I would say, if you ran every possible WDW race in 2017, you still got the half medal and challenge medals. :)

I honestly did not consider the canceled race in 2017. But everyone still received the medal, so the answer is still 18. Also, nobody answered 17 so it is a moot point anyway. :)

Yeah, I think you guys may have over thought this one a little.
I honestly did not consider the canceled race in 2017. But everyone still received the medal, so the answer is still 18. Also, nobody answered 17 so it is a moot point anyway. :)

Just for the record, my comments are all "tongue-in-cheek" and more or less a reflection on how bad I follow instructions. Just looking for that loophole. This was a great exercise and look forward to seeing if I can maintain my middle of the road status with the next results. And yes, this is coming from a PC Friar to a UConn Husky.

As for Kessel, I do not believe that was a virtual run in 2017 and did not become one until the Light Side was canceled for 2018.
Correct. For 2016 and 2017, the Kessel Run could only be earned by finishing the Star Wars Half at Disneyland and the Star Wars Half at Disney World. My 2017 Kessel Run medal ribbon has both Disneyland and Disney World listed on it, but the 2018 ribbon only says Walt Disney World.

As for overthinking? Isn't that what we tend to do sometimes? Ha ha ha.

Question 1 – Reverse Sheep Round

RDST-Barnstormer.jpg

1) Name a Walt Disney World Rollercoaster

Responses:

The Barnstormer (+10)
Baloo in MI; cburnett11; Dis_Yoda; gjramsey; Jules76126; Kazrak; ksellers88; PrincessV; TheHamm; YawningDodo

Slinky Dog Dash (+4)
Flav; rdiver; roxymama; Rteetz

Space Mountain (+3)
PCFriar80; run.minnie.miles; Zellyb

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (+2)
AntimonyER; McNs

Primeval Whirl (+2)
Disney at Heart; MissLiss279

Seven Dwarves Mine Train (+1)
capang

Incorrect Responses:

Triceratops Spin (+11)
Homeiswheremickeyis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter