The Running Thread - 2018

RunDisney (Reverse) Sheep Trivia

Question 7 – Sheep Round

RDST-Tatooine.jpg

7) Name a planet/moon/system from a Star Wars movie

Responses:

Tatooine (-9)
AntimonyER; capang; cburnett11; gjramsey; Kazrak; MissLiss279; Rteetz; TheHamm; YawningDodo

Endor (-4)
Dis_Yoda; Homeiswheremickeyis; Jules76126; PCFriar80

Hoth (-2)
Baloo in MI; McNs

Alderon (-1)
Disney at Heart

Jakuu (-1)
Rdiver

Kessel (-1)
ksellers88

Naboo (-1)
roxymama

Death Star (0)
Flav; PrincessV; run.minnie.miles

I have no idea :) (0)
Zellyb

QOTD: With my recent trip on my mind, which of these two situations are cause more discomfort to your feet:
1. A run lasting 3+ hours
2. Being on your feet from rope drop to the park closing

Definitely 2. I can train for the first one. It's tougher to train for a full day of walking and standing around since those activities use muscles in a very different way than a normal day.

Why were you scared to run a 5K?

...but at no time do you feel as if your heart will explode.

This does need an explanation. And @Sanchez is on the money.

This is going to make it sound like I consider myself an Olympic-class athlete. I have no illusions of that. I'm just a middle-aged-guy with a strong (self-)competitive streak.

For 5Ks (really all races except Disney races), there is no such thing as a fun run for me. I'm usually trying to PR, and if not a PR, still have an aggressive time goal based on my condition, weather, course, etc.

Marathons and half-marathons, while physically challenging, have a mental/management aspect to them. You have 26 checkpoints and 4+ hours to make adjustments.

5Ks are almost all physical. A good 5K is a near death experience for me. I say that only half-kidding. I figure if they don't try to usher me to the medical tent, I left something on the course. Again, this makes me sound like some tough guy, trust me, I'm not. Stupid guy would be more accurate.

It's like the difference between an Indy race and a drag race.

I was afraid I lost the ability to find that sharp edge and ride it to the finish line.

I was pleased with the results, so maybe I haven't lost it.

ATTQOTD: Option 2. I would never do that, it sounds awful.

ETA: I don't have children, so we do have the luxury of doing whatever we want and not having to rope drop or stay until closing.

Last edited:

Question 7 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352053

7) Name a planet/moon/system from a Star Wars movie

Responses:

Tatooine (-9)
AntimonyER; capang; cburnett11; gjramsey; Kazrak; MissLiss279; Rteetz; TheHamm; YawningDodo

Endor (-4)
Dis_Yoda; Homeiswheremickeyis; Jules76126; PCFriar80

Hoth (-2)
Baloo in MI; McNs

Alderon (-1)
Disney at Heart

Jakuu (-1)
Rdiver

Kessel (-1)
ksellers88

Naboo (-1)
roxymama

Death Star (0)
Flav; PrincessV; run.minnie.miles

I have no idea :) (0)
Zellyb

I'm ecstatic that apparently the planet I was 50% certain I was making up...is a star wars planet!! Unless it's a moon. I actually have no idea.

ATTQOTD -
2! Being on my feet all day in the parks is worse on my feet, the standing in lines & not moving is what does them in. My longest run/walk was 6:50 when I was sick and my feet didn't fare too bad (the rest of me was a disaster however)

And get this Omaha Marathon by HITS still has no results up yet! And they advertise as a Boston qualifying course, how can they when they can't even get timing right?! I'm upset too now because I should have gone with the October marathon, I could do it too, but I just don't think it can work out.

And get this Omaha Marathon by HITS still has no results up yet! And they advertise as a Boston qualifying course, how can they when they can't even get timing right?! I'm upset too now because I should have gone with the October marathon, I could do it too, but I just don't think it can work out.

You could always use it as a fully supported training run...

ATTQOTD: Parks kill my feet and I don't even do rope drop to close. It is the standing still, like when in line, not the walking. I do try to run 5-7 miles before park days which hurts at the time, but helps loosen me up for the day.

I'm ecstatic that apparently the planet I was 50% certain I was making up...is a star wars planet!! Unless it's a moon. I actually have no idea.
No, you were not making it up. It is a planet and not a moon. And it was even spelled right. Not every planet/system on that list was spelled correctly. But I'm a huge Star Wars geek so I notice those sorts of things and then move on with my day.

ATTQOTD: I have yet to run a half under 3 hours so that's the norm for me. I will say that after a half, I'm very ready to sit down. On long days in the park, I tend to pace myself with strategic attraction breaks that also involve sitting down for lengthy periods of time.

ATTQOTD: that's a tough one. 3 hours is a long time to be running. Trekking all day in the parks is a recipe for soreness, especially in the summertime.

I'll go with option 2 but it was really a toss-up.

Welcome back @LSUlakes, hope you had a great trip.

ATTQOTD: Back in August we did back to back park days (Disneyland/DCA and then Universal). We hit rope drop both days, which was a first for me, and we stayed until the parks closed both days. TBH, do not recommend, but would do again. And on day one at Disney, at about sunset, we rode the Grizzly River Run and I got SOAKED. I was wearing my Minnie Keds and they got soaked and shrunk up a bit. I walked the rest of the night in them and felt blisters forming. It was terrible. At least when I going out for a run I am better prepared for what I am getting in to.

ATTQOTD - definitely #2, though after about 4 days of park touring my feet get used to it and no longer hurt.

QOTD: With my recent trip on my mind, which of these two situations are cause more discomfort to your feet:
1. A run lasting 3+ hours
2. Being on your feet from rope drop to the park closing

ATTQOTD: #1. Running does me in far more than walking at the parks. I can generally handle walking and being on my feet more or less indefinitely. We've done open-to-close several times without a major issue. (For me. Older son, not so much, but hopefully he'll be in better shape for it now. He's going to a college on the side of a hill, so he's getting a lot of stair-climbing action.)

Sorry @Sleepless Knight. I just looked up Alderaan. I had never seen it in print, but know of it from seeing "A New Hope" in 197? and a few times since on tv. Since it was Leia's home planet that was destroyed by the Death Star, I felt a great a great sadness in the Force when I realized that I misspelled it. I bow to the Jedi master!

ATTQOTD: Both. My feet hurt after a long run/race AND after a day in the parks ever since January's Dopey. The plantar fasciitis has not been easy.

Question 8 – Sheep Round

RDST-Snacks.jpg

8) Name a Walt Disney World snack

Responses:

Mickey Ice Cream Bar (-12)
Baloo in MI; cburnett11; Disney at Heart; gjramsey; McNs; MissLiss279; PCFriar80; roxymama; Rteetz; run.minnie.miles; TheHamm; Zellyb

Dole Whip (-8)
AntimonyER; capang; Dis_Yoda; flav; Homeiswheremickeyis; Jules76126; ksellers88; YawningDodo

Cheshire Cat Tail (-1)
Rdiver

Churro (-1)
Kazrak

Mickey Pretzel (-1)
PrincessV

Question 9 – Sheep Round

RDST-Medals.jpg

9) Bonus 2X Points Sheep Question: If you ran every possible runDisney race in 2017 at Walt Disney World (available to Adults), how many medals would you have earned?

**Really surprised how many missed this one. I thought it would be a slam dunk…

Responses:

18 (-20)

capang; flav; gjramsey; Kazrak; roxymama; Rteetz; run.minnie.miles; TheHamm; YawningDodo; Zellyb

10 (0)
McNs

12 (0)
AntimonyER

13 (0)
cburnett11

14 (0)
Jules76126

15 (0)
Baloo in MI

19 (0)
Rdiver

20 (0)
Dis_Yoda; PrincessV

22 (0)
ksellers88

24 (0)
MissLiss279

29 (0)
PCFriar80

35 (0)
Disney at Heart

44 (0)
Homeiswheremickeyis

Question 9 – Sheep Round

View attachment 352150

9) Bonus 2X Points Sheep Question: If you ran every possible runDisney race in 2017 at Walt Disney World (available to Adults), how many medals would you have earned?

**Really surprised how many missed this one. I thought it would be a slam dunk…

Responses:

18 (-20)

capang; flav; gjramsey; Kazrak; roxymama; Rteetz; run.minnie.miles; TheHamm; YawningDodo; Zellyb

10 (0)
McNs

12 (0)
AntimonyER

13 (0)
cburnett11

14 (0)
Jules76126

15 (0)
Baloo in MI

19 (0)
Rdiver

20 (0)
Dis_Yoda; PrincessV

22 (0)
ksellers88

24 (0)
MissLiss279

29 (0)
PCFriar80

35 (0)
Disney at Heart

44 (0)
Homeiswheremickeyis

I was on the fence about kessel run medal bc of the whole virtual thingy. But decided against counting it. So is zellyb the clear frontrunner at this point? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter