The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWNT reporting the attraction going into the UK pavilion to be a Mary Poppins flat spinner ride (e.g., Dumbo style)

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/rumor-mar...e-planned-for-epcots-united-kingdom-pavilion/

Not sure what the ride vehicles would be and not sure why you wouldn't just do a carousel if that type of footprint is what you are going for :confused3

Once I saw this I went on wdwmagic to see what Martin had to say, all he said was "Flat ride has been mentioned in the past. Sadly."

Penguin Swirling Saucers?

yeah, maybe ... it's odd though as those rides are usually about flying - so Dumbo the Flying elephand, the fly carpets of Aladdin, etc. .... but in Marry Poppins the only thing that flew was, well, Marry Poppins - so vehicles shaped like her bag with umbrellas attached to them?

I have no problem with a small, B-ticket attraction, just the ride type doesn't seem like the best

WDWNT reporting the attraction going into the UK pavilion to be a Mary Poppins flat spinner ride (e.g., Dumbo style)
Perfect for Epcot/UK! Something for younger children to enjoy in WS.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/rumor-mar...e-planned-for-epcots-united-kingdom-pavilion/

Not sure what the ride vehicles would be and not sure why you wouldn't just do a carousel if that type of footprint is what you are going for :confused3

"The ride would likely replace the garden and bandstand area towards the back of the existing pavilion."

NOOOO, not my British Revolution! And for a useless spinner ride? :sad:

Perfect for Epcot/UK! Something for younger children to enjoy in WS.

I agree that a smaller attraction is a great idea to add to EPCOT and more things for young kids in World Showcase is great .... just not sure about this specific ride type vs something else but same level - so a carousel or something like that

maybe it is around the Kite scene and more that your a being pulled up "to the highest heights" :confused3

Okay, but what if they did a carousel where the horses went off the carousel and down a short racetrack at the end? That would be really cool.

Okay, but what if they did a carousel where the horses went off the carousel and down a short racetrack at the end? That would be really cool.

well, Tony Baxter's original plan for a Mary Poppins dark ride had you starting on a carousel and then the horses would come off the carousel and that would be your ride vehicle for the dark ride

but maybe something creative where it is a mix of a carousel and a dumbo spinner where it made it feel like the horses were leaving the base could be cool and a bit different

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter