• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to see Big Hero 6 in EPCOT...I've said it before...I'm going to keep on saying it with the hope it happens...So much cool stuff could be done with that IP and I don't think it'd be out of place in Future World.

I get your argument but personally if you want character based attractions that's why they have MK and even DHS. Epcot originally of course was a city in Walt's eyes. Then it turned into the future and the world. Obviously now the future is hard to create attractions on especially when outside companies won't come in and sponsor things like they wanted. However that also doesn't mean it needs to become a character land. World showcase also doesn't need to become fantasyland 2.0.

World showcase can still have attractions based on the lands. Maelstrom for example could've been updated and it would be great. There even was a plan for an update but Frozen won out.

Obviously it is what it is and we don't know what is going to happen in the future but I just don't want MK 2.0.

I like the idea of Epcot having characters teach a bit more about the lands they are from. Have Mulan save China and tell us about other historical figures in China's history! Show us the cultures using the characters. Thats what went wrong with the Frozen ride. Even if I love it, it should be in MK and the trolls should be telling us about their significance in their culture.

Another EPCOT Tidbit...

Magic Feather and Martin at WDWMagic confirm there is blue sky for an attraction in UK pavilion at WS, but theme is still TBD, and development and plan no where near as far as France.

Another EPCOT Tidbit...

Magic Feather and Martin at WDWMagic confirm there is blue sky for an attraction in UK pavilion at WS, but theme is still TBD, and development and plan no where near as far as France.
Blue sky I don't like to report on because so much can change its not always worth mentioning.

Martin at WDWMagic is hinting at two new pavillions in WS potentially. I find this getting hard to believe, and not just because Spirit is doubtful on it. Just seems like a huge amount of spend in two parks that close together.

rteetz.......Thanks for all the info you give us! Now if you can find anything more about the new transportation rumor between AKL and Animal Kingdom Park that would be awesome. We're DVC members and thats our home resort. It would be great to have something other then a bus to take you to the park. Maybe a banshee??!!:tongue:

I like the idea of Epcot having characters teach a bit more about the lands they are from. Have Mulan save China and tell us about other historical figures in China's history! Show us the cultures using the characters. Thats what went wrong with the Frozen ride. Even if I love it, it should be in MK and the trolls should be telling us about their significance in their culture.

Yes, this makes sense.

More updates from Martin over at WDWMagic.com...

Rat should start construction this year at some point, if it will make the targeted 2019 opening - please keep in mind, they are still arguing over Rat vs. BatB
Also the GotG to UoE still on, but it will be late getting opened, Martin likened it to Test track 1997 where they were 17mo. late due to putting state of the art ride in building it was not designed for.

okay got some more news:
We have 3 new countries on the voting board for WS in Epcot - one is probable to be built, one is possible, and one probably has no chance - per Martin and MagicFeather @ WDWMagic.com

This is on top of expected rides added to UK and France - which they also further admitted to

What are the 3 countries? By the way, keep posting rumors like this, I love the information you provide.

What are the 3 countries? By the way, keep posting rumors like this, I love the information you provide.
To date i have not heard any specifics. I know some scuttle but has been going around about one country from South America..but that is pretty much all that is going around, that and maybe a country like Switzerland that has some ties to ski lifts or gondola rides.....

but I have not seen any real solid targets for any of the worlds, nor which expansion slots they go into.

To date i have not heard any specifics. I know some scuttle but has been going around about one country from South America..but that is pretty much all that is going around, that and maybe a country like Switzerland that has some ties to ski lifts or gondola rides.....

but I have not seen any real solid targets for any of the worlds, nor which expansion slots they go into.
I believe Brazil was one of them.

Personally, would love to see at least one south american - brazil being as good as any, but I would prefer Peru with some Machu Pichu tie in.
Other would love to see something African, or Middle East.....Egypt, or some such. Then again Greece would be a whole lot of fun.

I think countries like India, South Africa, South Korea, and Argentina could be good additions as well. I'd love to see Australia but I don't think we need another Commonwealth country.

Martin at WDWMagic is hinting at two new pavillions in WS potentially. I find this getting hard to believe, and not just because Spirit is doubtful on it. Just seems like a huge amount of spend in two parks that close together.

The WS is basically a themed shopping and food court venue that you pay a lot of money to enter. Two new lands is nothing compared to what they spent at Disney Springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter