The REAL Longest Thread In Dis History Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will make you laugh..

we were on our way to supermarket and all of sudden, ambulance came flying up beyind us, followed by 2 police cars...so we pullled over, let them pass and got back in line...they 3 more police cars and another ambulance.okay..

we have to know what is going on..

so, we decided to go that way instead to see what happened...

I can't help it, it is in my bloood....

well, it was an overturned car.....didn't see another car.....couldn't get close enough...so horrible...

Wow, that is really nosy. I feel bad just slowing down to get a better look and you go out of your way just to see what's going on. :rotfl:

Wow! not a beach person...you struck me as someone who would love the beach...

Just curious, what don't you like?

Don't you remember her mom said she's a vampire. She's afraid of the sun!

campingsept8-sept10008.jpg

banana slug!!!!

Yuck!

I'm sorry to start the day ranting about my family again. June 30th is my cousin's birthday(the one that's the mother of my goddaughter). My mom sent me an e-mail on Sunday asking me if I had gotten the e-mail cousin's hubby sent and to just tell him if I can go or not. I replied and told her no I didn't get it. So mom forwarded the e-mail that said that hubby was making reservations at a resturaunt up near them(North Jersey about 2 1/2 hours away) for her birthday on Saturday. After all the fuss with the schedule and loosing a manager AGAIN I'm working close on Saturday.

So I wrote to hubby and said that I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it on such short notice. I got this as a reply, "I didn't think you would want to drive all the way up here just for a birthday party but we just want to make sure that you know you are still invited to all family functions. Hope all is well with you and (DH)."

I'm so frustrated with them. They go to church, my cousin leads the children's choir, they're both in Bible study groups, and yet they can't seem to forgive. I feel like I can not tell any of them anything now because it wil get thrown back in my face. One of the things my mom had said to me last time was, "Oh yeah, I forgot, you're saving up for Disney!" They don't know what I go through day to day with work, with my own self and my feelings. I told mom about the break down I had when DH mentioned going to Disney again, I didn't think we could afford it. I guess I'm going to have lie about everything now. It just makes me sick. :sad2:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to start the day ranting about my family again. June 30th is my cousin's birthday(the one that's the mother of my goddaughter). My mom sent me an e-mail on Sunday asking me if I had gotten the e-mail cousin's hubby sent and to just tell him if I can go or not. I replied and told her no I didn't get it. So mom forwarded the e-mail that said that hubby was making reservations at a resturaunt up near them(North Jersey about 2 1/2 hours away) for her birthday on Saturday. After all the fuss with the schedule and loosing a manager AGAIN I'm working close on Saturday.

So I wrote to hubby and said that I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it on such short notice. I got this as a reply, "I didn't think you would want to drive all the way up here just for a birthday party but we just want to make sure that you know you are still invited to all family functions. Hope all is well with you and (DH)."

I'm so frustrated with them. They go to church, my cousin leads the children's choir, they're both in Bible study groups, and yet they can't seem to forgive. I feel like I can not tell any of them anything now because it wil get thrown back in my face. One of the things my mom had said to me last time was, "Oh yeah, I forgot, you're saving up for Disney!" They don't know what I go through day to day with work, with my own self and my feelings. I told mom about the break down I had when DH mentioned going to Disney again, I didn't think we could afford it. I guess I'm going to have lie about everything now. It just makes me sick. :sad2:

That sucks! He obviously wasn't even inviting you because he thought you wouldn't come. Maybe if he told you about it when it was first planned you could have planned the schedule better? It doesn't seem to matter if people are famiily or if they go to church this world certainly takes all kinds.

I gotta see first if I can get the day off! :rolleyes: Hopefully the girls won't give me the cold shoulder when they come back if I can't make it! :rolleyes2

I'm sure they'll get over it quicker than your cousin. ;) :goodvibes

Just a different thought...the sentence in quotes above does not sound bad at all to me. I know since you are in the middle of this conflict, it's easy to read more into the statement. But if you take it at face value, it sounds like they understand.

In fact I have used the EXACT same sentence when inviting my PA relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins) to DD's first birthday party. I knew they couldn't or wouldn't want to drive 3 hrs but I did want to let them know they were invited.

Maybe try to look at it just at face value -- it'll make them sound nicer!

:goodvibes :hug:

To me it seemed like he hadn't even invited her and the only way she knew about it was from her mom. Of course I always see the worst in people. ;)

Just a different thought...the sentence in quotes above does not sound bad at all to me. I know since you are in the middle of this conflict, it's easy to read more into the statement. But if you take it at face value, it sounds like they understand.

In fact I have used the EXACT same sentence when inviting my PA relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins) to DD's first birthday party. I knew they couldn't or wouldn't want to drive 3 hrs but I did want to let them know they were invited.

Maybe try to look at it just at face value -- it'll make them sound nicer!

:goodvibes :hug:

I apreciate the thought, but it was worded to formally for them. It usually would have been something like, "Sorry you can't come, we'll miss you!!". So comparitively it's way too cold for them to be over it. :sad2:

I do appreciate the thought, Marshay. :hug: :hug:

I think part of the problem is that in their eyes I'm still that obedient little kid who did whatever the family wanted. Now that I have other responsibilities, they don't see why I don't drop anything else I had to, or wanted to do for what they want me to do. I'm struggling not to feel bad about it so that I'm being "punished" by it. :sad2:

That sucks! He obviously wasn't even inviting you because he thought you wouldn't come. Maybe if he told you about it when it was first planned you could have planned the schedule better? It doesn't seem to matter if people are famiily or if they go to church this world certainly takes all kinds.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that he actually asked mom in the e-mail to forward it to me because he didn't have my e-mail. He sent that out on the 21st, I got it on the 24th from mom. If I had gotten it sooner I *may* have been able to do something even though it would have been tight with the coverage we have now. At this point there's not a lot I can do. Besides that, if they're going to be like that in person, I dunno if I want to go anyway. I sure do miss the kids though. :sad1:

DD just asked me if I ever killed somebody? Who in this thread has the loose lips? :rotfl2:

I'm gonna go start more laundry and eat lunch, but not all together!!! I'll be back in a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter