The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boy is DVC going to have a lot of angry Poly 1.0 owners if they don't include it in the same association. I wouldn't want to be the Guide who has to explain that to a current owner....... and then try to con them in to buying Poly 2.0.
Don't see any reason for them to be angry, they're not losing anything. The new owners would have more of a chance to hesitate to buy if they need to complete with millions of Polynesian current points.

Don't see any reason for them to be angry, they're not losing anything. The new owners would have more of a chance to hesitate to buy if they need to complete with millions of Polynesian current points.

I'm a PVB1 owner; I'd be thrilled to have access to PVB2, but don't expect it. I wouldn't feel angry or misled about not having access, but I also wouldn't buy PVB2. I'm happy with what I have!

Boy is DVC going to have a lot of angry Poly 1.0 owners if they don't include it in the same association. I wouldn't want to be the Guide who has to explain that to a current owner....... and then try to con them in to buying Poly 2.0.
Access to 1 and non-bungalow 2BRs would be nice, but I’m more concerned about stretching the limited infrastructure (lava pool, trader sam’s, etc). I sure hope they have a good plan to add dining and pool space.

We love LV studios and the easy stroll to TTC for EPCOT. The view and convenience is terrific. That’ll be a bit of a hike from the new tower.

Last edited:
We love LV studios and the easy stroll to TTC for EPCOT. The view and convenience is terrific. That’ll be a bit of a hike from the new tower.

The Uber pickup is right there too, so that's not all that close to Poly2 either. Maybe they just walk to the VGF1 Uber pickup LOL.

It happened with CCV and BRV. Yes, I know because of the difference in expiration they had to do it to sell CCV, but it still meant BRV owners didn’t t get access until 7 months.

It will be the same here if it goes that way. PVB owners get 7 month access to rooms located at the same complex just like BRV and CCV owners have at each others resorts.

I personally think it selling won’t be an issue

This will be a business decision based on maximizing profit. The thoughts and feelings of the PVB1 members will not even come up.

Since the old leadership who put restrictions in place is back - it will most likely be separate.

If it is the same association I could see them moving the bus stop closer to the new building- and that will tick me off. If they are separate I would think they would just make Poly a 2 bus stop / Lyft area resort.

This will be a business decision based on maximizing profit. The thoughts and feelings of the PVB1 members will not even come up.

Since the old leadership who put restrictions in place is back - it will most likely be separate.

If it is the same association I could see them moving the bus stop closer to the new building- and that will tick me off. If they are separate I would think they would just make Poly a 2 bus stop / Lyft area resort.

I could see them adding a second bus stop regardless of association, just because of the increase in number of guests to that location.

The current stop has always been in that spot even before DVC so I don’t see that changing.

I am also worried about the lack of extra food & beverage options. We went to Disneyland last year and stayed at Disneyland resort. They didn't add extra options when they added the towers, we ended up ubering to nearby restaurants.
Yup only poolside bar planned for the new dvc tower when they last talked about it. I think they want to push us to Downtown Disney for food. Which granted isn’t far but it’s through security.

Looking forward to it being a separate resort. I wouldn’t even care if we didn’t have access to Poly’s pools, though I’m sure we will. I think the lack of some monstrous slide or theme by the Poly2 pool could turn it into more of an adult area.

It will be interesting to see if pool hopping is allowed. Based on drawings and the small acreage, it does appear the Poly 2 pool will be large enough. So presumably the Lava Pool will become even more crowded.

It would be unfortunate if Poly 2 owners are allowed to use the Lava Pool but Poly 1 owners are not allowed to use the Poly 2 pool.

I think it is going to be the same association - more so because of the DVC 1 and DVC 2 mess they created above anything else. If they go with a separate association, then it opens up the restricted points and in a possible down economy they are not going to want to do anything that might impact sales - and yes restrictions are a consideration for some, myself included

I think it is going to be the same association - more so because of the DVC 1 and DVC 2 mess they created above anything else. If they go with a separate association, then it opens up the restricted points and in a possible down economy they are not going to want to do anything that might impact sales - and yes restrictions are a consideration for some, myself included
I don’t actually think DVC1 and DVC2 are a mess at all. I’d rather they don’t exist, but at least anecdotally the restrictions were effective in getting me to buy direct at VGF2, so I can use them with other direct points we have to stay at Riviera, VDH, and other new resorts down the line, whereas previously all our points were resale.

But, regardless of what we think, I don’t think Disney regards the restrictions as having created a mess either. If VDH has them, I think we’ll be getting them at Poly2 as well.

I don’t actually think DVC1 and DVC2 are a mess at all. I’d rather they don’t exist, but at least anecdotally the restrictions were effective in getting me to buy direct at VGF2, so I can use them with other direct points we have to stay at Riviera, VDH, and other new resorts down the line, whereas previously all our points were resale.

But, regardless of what we think, I don’t think Disney regards the restrictions as having created a mess either. If VDH has them, I think we’ll be getting them at Poly2 as well.

And current sales show that the lack of resale restrictions is not enough to get people to buy VGF. The sales there, outside of the first few months, have been pretty bad.

I do think if DVD was looking for ways to continue restrictions, the current sales data supports they can leave them in place..if that is still the long term plan.

I think it is going to be the same association - more so because of the DVC 1 and DVC 2 mess they created above anything else.
They could resolve the "mess" tomorrow if they wanted. No need to wait for Poly2. DVC have made their intentions clear with Riviera and until they explicitly reverse the policy, I will continue to assume we play by their new rules going forward. If Riviera restrictions are rescinded, this would be the indicator. They're not going to have one solitary restricted resort, that makes no sense.

I just can’t understand why Disney bothered to create the restrictions on riviera if that wasn’t their intention on all new resorts moving forward. I think it would be incredibly awkward if they sold the new poly tower unrestricted.

I just can’t understand why Disney bothered to create the restrictions on riviera if that wasn’t their intention on all new resorts moving forward. I think it would be incredibly awkward if they sold the new poly tower unrestricted.
It would be a weird look for sure. At this point I'll be very shocked if it's anything other than a new association with Riviera style restrictions. Then again I haven't been in the DVC game very long, and Disney has definitely shocked me before.

It's also a weird look to put this much into DVC when APs are still suspended. This gives me hope they will come back, at least now and then, or maybe as a Blue Card perk.

DVC in general makes no sense to me without APs.

It's also a weird look to put this much into DVC when APs are still suspended. This gives me hope they will come back, at least now and then, or maybe as a Blue Card perk.

DVC in general makes no sense to me without APs.

As I have shared, other than one other DVC owner I know personally, none of the others have AP's because they don't travel enough to make them worth it. So, I am not sure that AP's are something that all DVC purchasers need and want.

As I have shared, other than one other DVC owner I know personally, none of the others have AP's because they don't travel enough to make them worth it. So, I am not sure that AP's are something that all DVC purchasers need and want.
Fantastic for you. I wouldn't have even considered DVC without APs, and I'm not the only one. Of course lots of DVC members need APs.

These boards used to be full of decades of math using a few hundred buck discounts on APs to justify Blue Cards, RIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter