• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The back and forth on APs is moot because DVC makes sense for both those who need/want APs and those that don’t. The math works in both instances. You go several times a year and do parks every day? Great…the AP benefit makes sense. My family goes every year for at least a week and we don’t do APs. We always stayed in deluxe resorts before DVC, so DVC makes sense for us just because of the savings on the rooms. Again, the math works for both AP buyers and non AP buyers. It really isn’t a debate.

What we benefit more from are non-expiration tickets ( and we still have 9 days left!). Really wish they would bring back that option.
That would be awesome. We've talked on here before that a defined park days pass would also be great. Like, buy a 10 day pass with PH and you can use those 10 days however you want over the course of a year. That would be ideal for us bc we are most likely to go to parks about 10 days a year and even if we only went 8 I wouldn't feel too bad about not using those 2 days.... IE a 10 day pass with PH right now is about $775. Likely could still make sense even if it were closer to $900 as I would be willing to save the $400 per person off the AP but still have a good amount of park entrances.

The back and forth on APs is moot because DVC makes sense for both those who need/want APs and those that don’t. The math works in both instances. You go several times a year and do parks every day? Great…the AP benefit makes sense. My family goes every year for at least a week and we don’t do APs. We always stayed in deluxe resorts before DVC, so DVC makes sense for us just because of the savings on the rooms. Again, the math works for both AP buyers and non AP buyers. It really isn’t a debate.
This is exactly why I purchased and I never even thought twice about AP being a factor.
We go nearly a full week per year, or every other at worst case, and always pay out of pocket for a deluxe resort (usually Poly or GF).
With 400 points at VGF and booking the two deluxe studios we normally would book as OOP, we're breaking even at year 7 and saving a deep six figures in the next ten years than if we kept paying out of pocket for rooms at either resort.

It's also a weird look to put this much into DVC when APs are still suspended. This gives me hope they will come back, at least now and then, or maybe as a Blue Card perk.

DVC in general makes no sense to me without APs.
I've seen a few people express similar sentiment and I'm curious to how many nights/year you guys tend to vacation in Disney?
I can't see where the money saved in AP is of weight for deciding on going with DVC. I'm not challenging you on the topic, I'm just genuinely curious to see the details behind such position as the math for how we vacation makes a DVC a no brainer and AP irrelevant.

For instance, we go annually and prefer Grand Floridian.
We utilize two studios with standard view, at rack rate of $6,618 per room for our preferred week.
Normally we'd be paying $13,236 or $9,927 if we utilized any 25% off room discounts at the time (which I wouldn't be surprised to see fade away as demand stays high).

I'm saving $9,927 - $13,236 per year ($7,123 to $10,432 after annual dues)
I'm breaking even in 5.5 to 7 years on my purchase (5.5 if deluxe room discounts disappeared, 7 years if they stayed) and saving $7-$10k a year after.
That doesn't include the residual 84 points left over after our primary trip that I have that I can pocket $1,600+ on annually.

It seemed like such a no brainer for how we vacation and I assumed most DVC owners do a week or more per year, which is why I'm confused as to how APs are a deal breaker for some.

Last edited:

I've seen a few people express similar sentiment and I'm curious to how many nights/year you guys tend to vacation in Disney?
I can't see where the money saved in AP is of weight for deciding on going with DVC. I'm not challenging you on the topic, I'm just generally curious to see the details behind such position as the math for how we vacation makes a DVC a no brainer and AP irrelevant.

For instance, we go annually and prefer Grand Floridian.
We utilize two studios with standard view, at rack rate of $6,618 per room for our preferred week.
Normally we'd be paying $13,236 or $9,927 if we utilized any 25% off room discounts at the time (which I wouldn't be surprised to see fade away as demand stays high).

I'm saving $9,927 - $13,236 per year ($7,123 to $10,432 after annual dues)
I'm breaking even in 5.5 to 7 years on my purchase (5.5 if deluxe room discounts disappeared, 7 years if they stayed) and saving $7-$10k a year after.
That doesn't include the residual 84 points left over after our primary trip that I have that I can pocket $1,600+ on annually.

It seemed like such a no brainer for how we vacation and I assumed most DVC owners do a week or more per year, which is why I'm confused as to how APs are a deal breaker for some.
So they aren’t a “deal breaker” exactly for us, but not having them would change how we use our points. We bought in with only 100 pts (75 was blue card min. at the time) and had only planned on 4-5 nights in a studio yearly. We started adding on and are at 340 pts and like to visit in the summer and ideally again around Thanksgiving. We are not park commando guests, but we def. wouldn’t go to Disney and not go to a park. We also like to do a park in the am, rest, and a different park in the pm so hoppers were always part of the math. The DVC pass use to renew in the $700’s so even 2 short trips in 1 year worked out and since we had an annual pass why not go to Disney again? Without a pass, we would just do a longer trip once a year and wouldn’t need as many points. We laugh and call it “Disney math” in our house… that annual pass has cost us a lot :)

Without a pass, we would just do a longer trip once a year and wouldn’t need as many points. We laugh and call it “Disney math” in our house… that annual pass has cost us a lot :)

Much like owning DVC just means we go more often and buy more tickets, food, merch, transportation, etc etc than we normally would. It's an expensive way to save money 😉

Much like owning DVC just means we go more often and buy more tickets, food, merch, transportation, etc etc than we normally would. It's an expensive way to save money 😉

This is so true. With the new Poly tower coming, I plan to add another 100 points I’d it’s a new association.

I started with 180 to save money on our once a year trip..now at 900 and want more!! Lol

I still wish they would give more info about it and their plans.

I do wonder is with Iger back if that will make a difference in what they do. He was in charge when all the changes to DVC started.

I can't see where the money saved in AP is of weight for deciding on going with DVC. I'm not challenging you on the topic, I'm just genuinely curious to see the details behind such position as the math for how we vacation makes a DVC a no brainer and AP irrelevant.
I've gone three times on my AP, which I just renewed, likely three times on this one as well. Sometimes we go half days. Sometimes we don't go at all. It's a different style.

Without APs, I would stay at Swolphin and maybe come for the Halloween party and two days of park warrioring every couple of years. With day tickets, I would get my money's worth. Without DVC, I wouldn't get an AP. And without an AP, I wouldn't have even given DVC a second thought.

I get that not everyone is like this, but I'm not the only one who views APs as a requirement for how I use my DVC. The listings for sale say the same thing, IMO.

Well, to add insult to injury on lack of AP's..... the price increase on single tickets is pretty hefty... We are going in April and doing one day with PH. The price went up $20 per person from yesterday.... A one day PH ticket is now $219 for the day I selected.

Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but at the condo association meeting today they had concept art for the new tower labeled "Polynesian Villas & Bungalows."

Not dispositive, of course, but could be something.
Ooooh.... very interesting.....🤔

Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but at the condo association meeting today they had concept art for the new tower labeled "Polynesian Villas & Bungalows."

Curious to see the new renderings! My bet would be that the person putting the slides together, as well as whoever approved them, both know about as much as we do.

I think that is a pretty big piece of info that they labeled it that way. It sounds like I am going to be wrong.

Now, the question is that if it does stay the same, will they then get rid of the restrictions at RIV??

I think that is a pretty big piece of info that they labeled it that way. It sounds like I am going to be wrong.

Now, the question is that if it does stay the same, will they then get rid of the restrictions at RIV??
I still think that if VDH has restrictions, Poly2 will as well, and that it’s a big jump to assume that a (potentially) carelessly labeled slide is significant. I think we’re all just trying to read tea leaves at this point.

I still think that if VDH has restrictions, Poly2 will as well, and that it’s a big jump to assume that a (potentially) carelessly labeled slide is significant. I think we’re all just trying to read tea leaves at this point.

I know but it is the first piece of data that seems to lead one way. I mean I would still be shocked if it doesn’t have them, but if this was a careless or mistake, it’s going to cause a lot of speculation.

And, then you wonder if DVD will be forced to comment.

VDH should answer that question, not PVB2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter