The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I apologize in advance. Wondering if anyone know if the 1 bedroom in the new tower will have 2 bathrooms?
Thanks

Assuming that the towers will only be 1br, 2br and 3br's, has this been answered?...

My speculation... I expect the new Poly Tower to be rolled into the existing association.

It's not going to be just 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. That's not practical. It's going to have lock-offs which include studios and probably duo studios (or whatever they decide to call them).

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/polynesian/5677-polynesian-construction-update-august-2023

Disneys-Polynesian-Tower-Construction-2023-August-4.jpeg

Disneys-Polynesian-Tower-Construction-2023-August-6.jpeg

Tacky sight line.

Disneys-Polynesian-Tower-Construction-2023-August-9.jpeg

Dwarfs the wedding pavilion.

I apologize in advance. Wondering if anyone know if the 1 bedroom in the new tower will have 2 bathrooms?
Thanks
No, DVC hasn't announced anything about the villas in the tower except to say that there would be villas.

Join the club here of everyone waiting to find out the details!

When I first saw the construction my reaction was "oh, that must be the prison that DeSantis was threatening to build". I hope and expect that they will make it look a lot more appealing!
It’s safe to say it won’t be bare concrete slabs on a patch of dirt when it’s done 🤣

We’ve all seen the artist rendering, I’m sure it will be pretty close to that.

It’s safe to say it won’t be bare concrete slabs on a patch of dirt when it’s done 🤣

We’ve all seen the artist rendering, I’m sure it will be pretty close to that.
I think it just looks bad right now because it doesn't have any of the wood accents or trees on it the rendering does which it will have at the end. The VDH rendering ended up pretty spot on and I imagine it will be the same for Poly 2.

Let’s assume the Poly Tower is its own association. Is there a possibility that the DVC owners and guests of Poly2 will be allowed to used the Lava and Oasis pools (since they are owned by the resort) but Poly1 owners and guests will be restricted from the new Poly Tower pool (since it’s DVC and it’s own association)? If so, that seems like the worst outcome for Poly1 owners. Especially Poly1 resale-post 2019 owners like me.

Or will reciprocity be the name of the game, so all amenities be shared? And it’s too difficult for to enforce for guests at the Poly resort(s).

All I can say is I’m glad my boys enjoyed the Oasis Pool as much as the Lava Pool.

Let’s assume the Poly Tower is its own association. Is there a possibility that the DVC owners and guests of Poly2 will be allowed to used the Lava and Oasis pools (since they are owned by the resort) but Poly1 owners and guests will be restricted from the new Poly Tower pool (since it’s DVC and it’s own association)? If so, that seems like the worst outcome for Poly1 owners. Especially Poly1 resale-post 2019 owners like me.

Or will reciprocity be the name of the game, so all amenities be shared? And it’s too difficult for to enforce for guests at the Poly resort(s).

All I can say is I’m glad my boys enjoyed the Oasis Pool as much as the Lava Pool.
I'd imagine it's similar to the situation at CCV and BRV where they both can use each other's pools despite being different associations. I'm not sure if cash guests are allowed to pool hop though? I would imagine no but I'm not sure to be honest.

I'd imagine it's similar to the situation at CCV and BRV where they both can use each other's pools despite being different associations but cash guests are not be able to pool hop.
I’m cool with that. The Lava Pool was only favored by our five year old. One day, we didn’t see him for more than an hour, as he was always in some phase of going on the slide. The rest of us preferred the Oasis Pool. While the Lava Pool was busier, it was never really that bad. But we went in August, so that might be why.

I'd imagine it's similar to the situation at CCV and BRV where they both can use each other's pools despite being different associations. I'm not sure if cash guests are allowed to pool hop though? I would imagine no but I'm not sure to be honest.
All WL/CCV/BRV guests have access to all pools at WL. BRV has a pool and the WL hotel has a pool. CCV never received it's own pool with the conversion. They have an agreement.

I can't imagine Poly would limit the tower pool to only PVB1 and PVB2 if it's a new association and cut out cash guests because it's dumping tons of people into the Lava Pool owned by the Poly hotel.

Only a portion of sales for the tower will come from existing members. This means sales will want happy Polynesian hotel and PVB guests in the common areas.

I will be surprised if all pools are not open to anyone staying at the Polynesian property (hotel, PVB, and tower) because of the desire to help sales.

I can’t imagine a situation where they would want to create any situation that requires them to have to monitor it that closely.

My guess is that the new pool would become an amenity for the condo association…regarding of which way it goes…and then their will be a reciprocal use agreement for all pools between the hotel and the condo association…which is how CCV and BRV is done.

It's not going to be just 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. That's not practical. It's going to have lock-offs which include studios and probably duo studios (or whatever they decide to call them).

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/polynesian/5677-polynesian-construction-update-august-2023

View attachment 791920

View attachment 791921

Tacky sight line.

View attachment 791922

Dwarfs the wedding pavilion.
The volcano IS tacky. Love the Poly location, the resort itself, and the DVC studios, but NOT a fan of the volcano.

facebook twitter