The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Currently sold out:
September 10, 27
October 4, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 29

Still available:
September 6, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 29
October 2, 6, 25, 27, 31

Update as of 10:10pm PT:

Currently sold out:
September 10, 25, 27, 29
October 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 27, 29, 31

Still available (as of this post; remember there can be a five minute delay when looking at the calendar):
September 6, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22
October 25

Am I remembering right that tickets for pre covid years never went this fast ? Or am I really just losing my mind..

I'm not sure how I missed it, as I've seen most Disney movies except for some of the newer ones. I actually didn't realize there was a Sword in the Stone Disney movie :o
Have you had time to watch Sword in the Stone yet? If so, what did you think about it?

Wow. When I got the screen for what turned out to be a two hour queue yesterday, I almost didn’t wait, thinking I could just buy them today when the rush died down a bit. I’m glad I waited it out, since our date (Oct 23) is one of the sold out ones now.

Am I remembering right that tickets for pre covid years never went this fast ? Or am I really just losing my mind..
Tickets for LAST year didn't go this fast.

We went last year. I was lucky as my waiting room said over an hour, but then suddenly dropped really fast and I got tickets fairly quickly. Other people stayed in the waiting room for hours. I looked the next morning as did others, and you could get right in and I think there was maybe one day sold out. There was a discussion on here from people saying they could have just waited and got them the next morning instead of stressing out in the waiting room for hours- of course if everyone had waited a day, then the waiting room would have been crazy that day.

I think part of it this year was that the AP holders got to buy a couple of days early. That didn't happen last year- if it had I would have been completely stressed out as we only had one night we could go. But even with that---I could be wrong, but I don't think a bunch of parties sold out even in the first week last year.

How exactly are eBay guys able to sell these? They required a name on the tickets when I bought mine… I was too worried to buy an extra one in case my friend can join me. I won’t be able to confirm for a couple months, so if they *can* come I’ll have to cross my fingers that the date opens again or that I can get them day of because of staying at an on site hotel…

I guess there are just a bunch of people that will be disappointed buying these scalped tickets?

Last edited:
How exactly are eBay guys able to sell these? They required a name on the tickets when I bought mine… I was too worried to buy an extra one in case my friend can join me. I won’t be able to confirm for a couple months, so if they *can* come I’ll have to cross my fingers that the date opens again or that I can get them day of because of staying at an on site hotel…

I guess there are just a bunch of people that will be disappointed buying these scalped tickets?
I dont see any on ebay (I guess I dont know how to search). Glad i got my date booked on the presale

I really don't think it's resellers. I saw one set on eBay and I reported it. I really just think there is a high demand and I think by them going on sale to MK holders two days ago, they didn't really sell out "in one day.." they sold out in 3 days..

The name doesn't actually matter on the ticket until it's used (and then just the picture matters). You could have bought and put in any name even your own a second time. This is why if someone is unable to go they can gift their OBB ticket to a lucky person. They just can't sell it (against the terms of the purchase).

The listings on eBay are often taken down when caught (they're fairly easy to report and eBay does remove them as selling them is against the terms of the tickets). Disney has also been known to cancel tickets if they find out they were sold by an unauthorized third party.

Wasn't able to get tickets for the time we will be there. Oh, well. Maybe if we make it back out to the west some other time. Is there anything else to do in the area for a teen over Halloween?

I think another for selling at a higher rate this year over last was due to Covid. A lot of people were still afraid to venture out into large groups last year. This year there is much more pent up demand to travel and get out.

Wasn't able to get tickets for the time we will be there. Oh, well. Maybe if we make it back out to the west some other time. Is there anything else to do in the area for a teen over Halloween?
Knotts Scary Farm at Knotts and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal are options.

Weren't there some pretty serious technical issues last year that cause a lot of people to not be able to purchase first day?
It was kind of a mess last year. It was a complete overload of the website with the number of people buying tickets. Some people (like me) got through relatively quickly and got tickets (I continued to be stressed out watching the boards because it was 2 hours before I got an E-mail confirmation- and by then I was so invested in everyone else I kept watching); for some people the waiting room was working and they just had a really really long (hours) wait; some possibly had a technical glitch and got stuck in the waiting room for hours, but when they tried a different browser and got through and got tickets. There were also some check out issues--- some people got knocked out, but some people thought their order didn't go through as it showed an error and went in and bought again and ended up with multiple sets of tickets. I think they paused the waiting room for a bit while they tried to fix it as they had people accidently buying multiple sets of tickets. A lot of people had multiple pending charges on their credit card and had to call in- and Disney fixed a lot of them without being called.

I remember some people sat in the waiting room 5 or 6 hours and then it let them in. I also remember people that went in that evening still had a couple of hour wait in the waiting room.

The next day there were posts about how you could get right in and almost all the days were still available and all the drama could have been avoided by waiting. (But again, sales were going on all day the day before so if everyone had waited- that would have been the messed up day).

The website was just completely overloaded with sales. I think that is probably why they separated out the AP holders this year - to try and reduce the major backlog and wait times that happened last year. We sadly aren't going this year-- but the early AP sale would have completely stressed me out as we aren't AP holders. We would again this year have only had one date that fell on fall break. Not getting OBB tickets would have meant a full cancellation of our trip--- resort package, flights etc. We wouldn't go to DLR in October without going to OBB. MNSSHP at WDW for several pre-2019 years and OBB at DLR last year are the highlights of our October trips, and why we go that time of year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter