The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

Celebrating Christmas Early
Day 4, Part 4: Sunday December 16, 2018

Once the fireworks were over, we made our way over to Pecos Bill because Mom wanted a chocolate yule log.

enhance

It was super yummy, but very very sweet. Then, we walked over to Tortuga
Tavern for some snowman pretzels, and then to Pinnochio’s for ALL the cookies and more hot chocolate. If you’re at MVMCP, Pinnochio’s is definitely the way to go. Each person gets one of each kind of cookie that is available throughout the rest of the park, but you only have to wait in line once.

When we had finished our hot chocolate, I saw that the line at PFH was down to 15 minutes. I had read that the princesses often met with their princes during the party, so we hopped in line. We really waited closer to 20 minutes, but it still wasn’t too bad.

First up was Rapunzel and Flynn!

enhance

Here comes the smolder. ;)

enhance

enhance

Then Tiana and Naveen!

enhance

enhance

enhance

I’ll be honest, I really don’t remember what we talked about. I do remember loving these meets though!

We were all pretty exhausted by this point, so we walked through Tomorrowland to get back to the front of the park. We went into the Emporium so I could buy the party pin and the AP tshirt. Then, we took some pictures on Main Street to finish out the night!

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was right around midnight as we made our way out of the park, and we were pleasantly surprised by how quickly the busses came. We got back to the room and got ready for bed, but it was still after 1 before we went to bed. :upsidedow

Up Next…another day in MK!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with Mickey's Most Merriest. It's one of my favorite shows and much like the other party exclusive castle show, Hocus Pocus, it is definitely geared towards the college generation. Clarabell singing Mariah Carey Christmas bops and the Three Caballeros doing their thing? YES PLEASE. I AM THERE.

MOUCP could easily be my favorite parade at WDW. It is so friggin magical. Tears every time. And look at that perfect viewing with the castle in the background. I'm jealous.

Love your M&G pics with the most iconic couples in the Hall. How rude of the princes though not to give you a hug.

The castle pics with the M3C (Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration) projection look so cute. Looks like a perfect night despite some issues. :goodvibes

I am honestly completely clueless, so any general advice about touring the parks (and dining in particular) would be greatly appreciated!

When you go to Disneyland Paris, definitely be sure and check out the dragon under the castle and Crush's Coaster. Crush doesn't have Fastpasses so make sure and get to it first because the line builds fast. (DLP still uses the paper Fastpass system, but their window is only open for 30 minutes.) Also, their version of Pirates and Thunder is amazing!
The theming in the Disneyland park is outstanding, and you'll want to build enough time in to your day to explore the areas.

Food in Disneyland Paris is nowhere near Walt Disney World level. Expect a lot more expensive with lower quality. That being said, Inventions character dinners are worth a one-time splurge, and Walt's restaurant has stunning detail throughout the restaurant. There's an Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe, Starbucks, Five Guys, and McDonald's in the attached Disney Village if you ever need something quick and familiar.

Honestly, this was one of my favorite parades I’ve ever seen, and was definitely one of the highlights of this trip!

The Christmas parade is so fun. How can anyone not walk away happy from it after seeing all the characters decked out in holiday outfits.

I did not know that about the Pinocchio treat stop. I'll have to remember that if I ever return to a party.

How awesome that the princes were hanging out with the gals that evening. Meeting them sounds like an awesome way to end the party.

Sorry to hear about your less-than-ideal view of the stage show! And then the second one was cancelled-- what a bummer!

Isn't the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade amazing?!? Definitely one of my favs, right up there with Boo to You!!

Love your pics with Punzie/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen!

Looks like you closed out a great night with some Party merch, pics in front of the castle, and speedy buses! Can't wait to see what the next MK day has in store for you!

Congrats on your study abroad! My sister did one in Manchester and LOVED it!

I didn't realize we were at the same MVMCP! how fun! Glad you had a great time! I feel like our fastpasses before the party were pretty lined up too. So funny!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with Mickey's Most Merriest. It's one of my favorite shows and much like the other party exclusive castle show, Hocus Pocus, it is definitely geared towards the college generation. Clarabell singing Mariah Carey Christmas bops and the Three Caballeros doing their thing? YES PLEASE. I AM THERE.

MOUCP could easily be my favorite parade at WDW. It is so friggin magical. Tears every time. And look at that perfect viewing with the castle in the background. I'm jealous.

Love your M&G pics with the most iconic couples in the Hall. How rude of the princes though not to give you a hug.

The castle pics with the M3C (Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration) projection look so cute. Looks like a perfect night despite some issues. :goodvibes

I still got to hear it all, and I really enjoyed it! My dad tried to video a bunch of it from his vantage point (an entire foot taller than mine:laughing:) so I did still get to see a good bit! We really did have a great spot for the parade, and the whole thing was just wonderful!

Well...the princes actually DID give hugs...the photos are just awkward as heck:rotfl:

It was wonderful and well worth the wait!

When you go to Disneyland Paris, definitely be sure and check out the dragon under the castle and Crush's Coaster. Crush doesn't have Fastpasses so make sure and get to it first because the line builds fast. (DLP still uses the paper Fastpass system, but their window is only open for 30 minutes.) Also, their version of Pirates and Thunder is amazing!
The theming in the Disneyland park is outstanding, and you'll want to build enough time in to your day to explore the areas.

Food in Disneyland Paris is nowhere near Walt Disney World level. Expect a lot more expensive with lower quality. That being said, Inventions character dinners are worth a one-time splurge, and Walt's restaurant has stunning detail throughout the restaurant. There's an Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe, Starbucks, Five Guys, and McDonald's in the attached Disney Village if you ever need something quick and familiar.

Thank you SO much! That's super helpful!

The Christmas parade is so fun. How can anyone not walk away happy from it after seeing all the characters decked out in holiday outfits.

I did not know that about the Pinocchio treat stop. I'll have to remember that if I ever return to a party.

How awesome that the princes were hanging out with the gals that evening. Meeting them sounds like an awesome way to end the party.

The characters' holiday outfits are actually my favorite thing ever.

Those meets were the best way to end the party! It was something that I had said that I wanted to do if I could, but wasn't willing to wait in a long line for, so I really lucked out!

Sorry to hear about your less-than-ideal view of the stage show! And then the second one was cancelled-- what a bummer!

Isn't the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade amazing?!? Definitely one of my favs, right up there with Boo to You!!

Love your pics with Punzie/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen!

Looks like you closed out a great night with some Party merch, pics in front of the castle, and speedy buses! Can't wait to see what the next MK day has in store for you!

The whole thing was really strange. We're still not 100% sure what happened!

Ugh Boo to You is amazing too! Honestly both of the parties have A+ parades.

Sounds like such a fun night at MVMCP! Love your pics at PFH!

It was such a magical night! Thanks so much!

Congrats on your study abroad! My sister did one in Manchester and LOVED it!

I didn't realize we were at the same MVMCP! how fun! Glad you had a great time! I feel like our fastpasses before the party were pretty lined up too. So funny!

Thank you so much! I'm super excited!

That's so funny! Great minds and all that:laughing:

I'm loving your report! It's really helping me plan details of our Dec 2020 honeymoon! I can't wait to read more.

LL the cookies and more hot chocolate. If you’re at MVMCP, Pinnochio’s is definitely the way to go. Each person gets one of each kind of cookie that is available throughout the rest of the park, but you only have to wait in line once.
That is a good tip! I will have to remmeber that.

I had read that the princesses often met with their princes during the party, so we hopped in line
And this as well! It is hard to meet some of the princess!!!

Sounded like a great night at the party. I can't wait to do this this year!

I'm loving your report! It's really helping me plan details of our Dec 2020 honeymoon! I can't wait to read more.

Aww thank you so much! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding & Disneymoon! :D

That is a good tip! I will have to remmeber that.

We ended up so many cookies by the end of the night, it was a little bit ridiculous!:rotfl:

And this as well! It is hard to meet some of the princess!!!

Sounded like a great night at the party. I can't wait to do this this year!

I would definitely recommend waiting until later in the night to meet the princesses with their princes! Throughout the party, the line was fairly long form what I saw, but since I went during the second parade (or right after it), it had cleared out a lot!

The party was so much fun! I hope yall have a great time :)

"Don't Be a Black and White Reindeer"
Day 5: Monday December 17, 2018

Our Plans:
Haunted Mansion 12:30-1:30pm
BTMRR 2:50-3:50pm
Liberty Tree Tavern 4:35pm
7DMT 6:10-7:10pm
Happily Ever After!

After our late night at the Christmas party, we decided not to set an alarm, knowing that we wouldn’t sleep late enough for it to really be a problem. I woke up around 10, and I think Mom and Dad were both already awake. Dad went up to the food court to get breakfast for everyone and brought it back to the room. Mom and I shared a plate of eggs, potatoes, ham, and bacon, and Dad got his own plate. While we were eating, Mom went to put some of her clothes in the washing machine. We all slowly started to get ready to go, and it was right around noon when we left the room. Of course, there was a MK bus pulling away as we walked up, and we ended up waiting about a half hour for another one. :confused3

It was a little after 1:00 when we finally made it into MK, and we ran straight to our Haunted Mansion FP (which ended at 1:30!:scared1:). When we got over to Liberty Square, the standby for Haunted Mansion was posted at 95 minutes! :scared1:Thankfully, we, of course, had a FP and did not have to get in that line. After our tour through the Mansion, we made a quick stop at “Punzie’s Potties” as Mom likes to call them. Then, we were off to Mickey’s Philharmagic!

(Side note: Have yall seen the new headbands that look like Donald's butt??:donald: I can only assume they're based off of Mickey's Philharmagic, but I cried laughing when I saw them:rotfl:)

After the show, we had a nightmare of a time trying to get through Liberty Square and into Frontierland. I’m talking wall to wall people pushing and shoving each other through that bottleneck over near Haunted Mansion. It was a little bit ridiculous. Finally, we made it to the Country Bear Jamboree!

enhance

After the show, it was time to use our 2:50 BTMRR FPs! I didn’t make a note of where we sat, so we must have been somewhere in the middle.

Our next stop was a snack cart! I got a Mickey ice cream sandwich, Mom got a churro, and Dad got a Mickey pretzel. We made our way to Liberty Square and watched Great Moments in History while we ate our snacks.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We made a quick bathroom stop before heading over to Liberty Tree Tavern! We still had a little while before our ADR, but not enough time to go do anything else. Around 4:10, Mom decided to go inside and see if they would let her check in early. They did, and we ended up being seated about 15 minutes before our ADR time. :thumbsup2

"Don't Be a Black and White Reindeer"
Day 5, Part 2: Monday December 17, 2018

Since we had never eaten at LTT before, we did put my allergy on the reservation (I’m allergic to tree nuts & coconut). Our waitress was really nice and told me that everything was safe for me to eat except dessert.:thumbsup2 Pretty soon, food starting arriving!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We really enjoyed this meal! Everything was delicious, but we were definitely glad it was not 100 degrees outside. Everything is really heavy, and I can’t imagine it would be fun to eat that kind of food in the heat.

enhance

For dessert, I ended up getting a brownie (which was more like cake) and vanilla ice cream, which was A-ok with me! I had had a similar dessert and Crystal Palace a couple years ago, and it is so so yummy!

After we finished eating, we decided to wander through the Emporium for a little bit. I ended up buying some pens that I had had my eye on since the first day, as well as a WDW throw blanket! Then, we were off to use our 7 Dwarves FPs!

This time, Mom and I were in the very front row, which was super fun!

enhance

enhance

After we used those FPs, we got on the app and booked a 4th for Winnie the Pooh for 9:50pm. Then, we walked toward Main Street and, when we saw people already staking out spots for HEA, we walked over to mine & Mom’s favorite fireworks viewing location and sat down to wait.

While we were waiting, I called my grandmother (who was at our house with the dogs and my brother) and I got her to log into my computer to check my final grades for the semester (4.0 baby!)

(Side note: this is kind of funny to be writing now, since I am now waiting on final grades for the spring semester!)

There was a photographer nearby, so Mom and I took some quick pictures while we waited.

enhance

enhance

Then...IT WAS TIME!

giphy.gif

HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

*Sigh* It's so beautiful:sad1:

I had told my parents that I would cry during HEA, but I don’t think they believed me
.:confused3

I straight up sobbed.:sad: When the lights came back on, my mom looked at me, and I had tears streaming down my face. I LOVE Happily Ever After with every fiber of my being (clearly), to the point where the kid who was all up in my space the entire time couldn’t even ruin it for me. And it definitely took me a few minutes to recover. :upsidedow

Wow I can't believe how busy Magic Kingdom was that day! I feel like Disney has made it near impossible to NOT buy the party tickets for Halloween or Christmas with how packed the park gets on non-party days! Seems like you guys still had a great day though!

How far ahead of HEA did you guys stake out your spot?

From now on, I will ONLY refer to the Tangled Fantasyland restrooms as "Punzie's Potties." It is law.

Can't believe how crazy busy it was when you went! :scared: Thankfully, it didn't stop you guys from having a great time!

Liberty Tree Tavern looks incredible... now I'm craving Thanksgiving dinner!

REACH OUT AND FIND YOUR HAPPILY EEEEEEVER AFTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Those new Donald headbands are too funny! I immediately though of Philharmagic too!

The park sounds like it was super busy! The food at LTT looks really good- glad you enjoyed it!

Totally understand getting emotional during HEA!

I think you're the first person I've come across who's mentioned they have a tree nut allergy. I do as well and people find it SO weird that I'm not allergic to peanuts and don't understand that the 2 are completely different allergies! Sorry..random rant! :rotfl2:

Wow I can't believe how busy Magic Kingdom was that day! I feel like Disney has made it near impossible to NOT buy the party tickets for Halloween or Christmas with how packed the park gets on non-party days! Seems like you guys still had a great day though!

How far ahead of HEA did you guys stake out your spot?

I definitely think we felt the crowds more than we would have if we had gotten up for rope drop, but I was definitely glad that we weren't WDW newbies trying to figure out how to navigate those crowds. :laughing:

According to my notes, it was around 6:50 when we found our spots (and I think HEA started at 9:00). We had planned for closer to 7:30, but when we saw people already staking out spots, we figured we should go ahead and do the same. Not necessarily ideal, but so so worth it, IMO.

From now on, I will ONLY refer to the Tangled Fantasyland restrooms as "Punzie's Potties." It is law.

Can't believe how crazy busy it was when you went! :scared: Thankfully, it didn't stop you guys from having a great time!

Liberty Tree Tavern looks incredible... now I'm craving Thanksgiving dinner!

REACH OUT AND FIND YOUR HAPPILY EEEEEEVER AFTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I laugh every time my mom says it. :rotfl:

I think this was definitely the worst day as far as crowds go, but we still managed to do a lot!

LTT was so yummy, but I definitely couldn't eat that much during the summer!

ALL THE FEELS! I was obsessed with Jordan Fisher anyway, and the day I realized that he is the one singing HEA, I nearly lost my mind.:lovestruc

Those new Donald headbands are too funny! I immediately though of Philharmagic too!

The park sounds like it was super busy! The food at LTT looks really good- glad you enjoyed it!

Totally understand getting emotional during HEA!

I think you're the first person I've come across who's mentioned they have a tree nut allergy. I do as well and people find it SO weird that I'm not allergic to peanuts and don't understand that the 2 are completely different allergies! Sorry..random rant! :rotfl2:

When I first saw an Instagram post about those headbands, I thought they were a joke:laughing: I am honestly looking forward to seeing people walk around the parks wearing them haha.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that they're two different things lol. I'll get caught up in the rant about how peanuts aren't really nuts, and people just look at me like I'm crazy:rotfl:

"Don't Be a Black and White Zebra"
Day 5, Part 3: Monday December 17, 2018

Our plan was to head for BTMRR as soon as HEA was over. This ended up being everyone else’s plan, too, so it took us a hot minute to get through the crowd and over to Frontierland. While we were making our way over there, we heard a mom tell her family “We need to take this exit ramp!”

I mean…it’s a pretty good analogy.:rotfl2:

When we finally got to BTMRR, the standby was posted at 45 minutes, but when we looked at the line, we knew that there was no way that it was only 45 minutes. (We ended up being right—when I checked the app 15 minutes later, the posted time was up around 2 hours!) So, we decided to skip it and walked back to Fantasyland to use our Pooh FPs.

I'm really not sure why it is so hard to take pictures on this ride, but this is what I got:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

As soon as we scanned our bands, we booked another FP, this time for Dumbo!:dumbo:

Dumbo is one of those really nostalgic things for me, and especially for me with my dad. On my first trip back in 2003, he rode it with me something like 14 times in a row because it was one of the few things that didn’t scare 3 year-old me. :lovestruc

enhance

enhance

enhance

After our Dumbo FPs, we booked one last FP for the Jingle Cruise at 10:30!

As we walked through New Fantasyland, we saw the non-existent line at Under the Sea, so we walked right on to it.

Then, I wanted to see what the line looked like at the Tangled PhotoPass spot, so we walked over there. The line actually wasn’t long at all (especially compared to what we had seen earlier) so we hopped in it!

These are some of my favorite pictures from this trip. It was one of those major bucket list moments for me, too!

enhance

enhance

At this point, the photographer said, "Okay yall look up at Dad and smile." We, of course, started laughing hysterically because this was not the first time that a CM thought that Mom was my sister and one of Dad's kids.:rotfl: The picture ended up being really cute though.

enhance

Then I asked if I could take some by myself.

enhance

enhance

Then, we were off to the Jingle Cruise for our last FPs of the night!

This is where my notes get kind of funny. I have the quote “Don’t be a black and white reindeer” written down with no context or explanation, so I can only assume that this was a Jingle Cruise skipper joke in reference to the zebras. Does anyone know/remember hearing this??? :confused3:laughing:

When we got off, MK was closed, so we made our way back to Main Street. We stopped for some PP pictures along the way.

enhance

I also walked very slowly up Main Street, so that I could try to catch the Kiss Goodnight. This is one of my favorite things about MK at night, so I was so happy to get to see it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf1BuxKNvPg&feature=youtu.be

enhance

We made our way to the bus stop right around 11:30. Our bus hit major traffic on the way back to CSR, so it took us a while to get back. When we did finally get back, we were in for an interesting surprise.

There was not one, not two, but THREE raccoons running around outside our door!! :eek: I’m not talking small raccoons either. I really wish I could have reacted fast enough to take a picture, but I was so surprised that I just didn’t think to!

We waited for the raccoon family to run away and then headed into our room. Everyone showered and got ready for bed, and we all crashed sometime after 1:00am. :faint:

Sounds like a great end to the evening! Love your lantern photopass shots, they came out great!!

Omg raccoons! How scary!

What a fun end to the evening! I love the Lantern photos :lovestruc

Okay, well, fun evening except for the raccoons. I would have ran away.

Sounds like a great end to the evening! Love your lantern photopass shots, they came out great!!

Omg raccoons! How scary!

It was such a fun night! Thank you so much!

It was so bizarre!

What a fun end to the evening! I love the Lantern photos :lovestruc

Okay, well, fun evening except for the raccoons. I would have ran away.

I'm obsessed with those pictures. Like seriously obsessed.

Yeah that was not so fun. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter