The One Where It All Went Wrong 12/3-12/6

12/3: DHS Pure Terror

Well, maybe we didn't get there as early as we hoped, but we did get there. And now I know how to get from the Boardwalk to DHS! So, what great adventure did we head off to first?

A park bench for Lauren to enjoy her muffin and chocolate milk. šŸ˜† Really, its fine. I updated these wonderful notes for you fine folks and just enjoyed the FANTASTIC christmas music and decorations.

Wait....I forgot to add in these pictures in the last post.

I took just a couple of pictures in the early morning. There were a few joggers out and a couple of families. But it was so pretty. I would really like to stay at Boardwalk during marathon weekend. Here's one more,

Okay, back to the current timeline. We were in DHS. Lauren had finished her breakfast. And we headed for

Did you guess ToT?? We got in line at 9:36. While waiting in the queue we found ways to pass the time.

Her willingness to take selfies with mom quickly faded!

On our last trip, since we had to slow down, I really started to pay attention to different details. I mean, they didn't have to put this sign in the queue. The other thing I noticed was the different lighting choices for the different attractions.

Can we really not include this shot? And finally we made it inside the hotel!

It was only a 20 minute wait. So you can imagine the line was actually moving pretty quickly! We were off at 10:05. And since your on that side of the park it only makes sense to go to RnR next!

We got in line at 10:05 and the CM had a sign with a posted wait time of 40 minutes. The line was just in front of the ice cream stand on Sunset Blvd.

Does anyone else just LOVE these vintage Christmas decorations? Or is it just me?

12/3: DHS Jingle Bell Rock

So, it was just after 10 and we were in a 40 minute line for Rockin Roller Coaster. This is absolutely my favorite roller coaster in Disney World.

I did find it annoying that people were just eating and drinking at their leisure all through this line. This would not be the last time I had this complaint. However, I loved the rock and roll Christmas music in this area. I *might* have had myself a little dance party for 1 in line. That is, until Lauren caught me and told me to stop. (Killjoy)

Have y'all ever stopped to notice these posters on the wall just before you exit the studio into the alley where you'll get on your ride? Our wait was only 35 minutes and we were off the ride at 10:44. While we were waiting in line, we overheard a kid say when they got off that the ride was slow. I just ignored them and thought, "Obviously they're not a Disney veteran. What do they know?" But once we got off Lauren and I both agreed that the kid was right. It DID seem slower than usual.

We did take a quick bathroom break. Then we hightailed it over to MMRR. Now, honestly, there are better times to ride this when the line won't be quite as long. But I was kinda hoping to get in 2 rides on this today, therefore, we needed to bite the bullet and ride sooner rather than later.

As a nice surprise we did catch part of a Disney character calvacade! It was Disney's Pixar Friends. I didn't really get good picutres. But here's one of everybody's favorite Space Hero! (No, not Luke Skywalker.)

And at 10:50 we were here:

I LOVE what they've done with this. If you're a big GMR fan and you haven't yet been back to experience this, trust me DISNEY GOT IT RIGHT. This ride is fantastic! Everybody in the family can ride it and enjoy it. You can ride it over and over and notice new details every time. Best of all, it does not require a boarding group to ensure you get to experience it!

The CM sign said that this was a 60 minute wait.

How cute is this lightpost?

Who is your favorite celebrity to have their tile here? I love MASH. I remember the last episode airing. (Yes, I'm THAT old.)

Of course, my boyfriend's tile is the best!

We passed a lady in line with a really neat shirt from my college alma mater. Since my parents also graduated from Texas Tech, I asked her if I could take her picture and send to them.

That is a pretty awesome shirt!

12/3: DHS Captured by the Empire!

And then of course I had to get pictures of the lighting fixtures in the queue.

Can you see any hidden Mickey's? This is out in the courtyard area. The tops of the buildings are the Little Mermaid attraction.

Don't these look like they belong at a railway?

Lauren in the courtyard. Our wait was only 40 minutes. We were off by 11:34. We did stop at the kiosk outside the attraction to look at the leggings. I decided not to get anything. From here we went over to Star Tours. I was a little surprised that they hadn't started calling boarding groups, yet.

We were in line for Star Tours at 11:40. There was a posted wait time of 35 minutes. Star Tours is usually a walk on for us and so we walk right past the outside portion of the queue. But it really is unique.

I found it fascinating that they just painted the doors into the scenery. I don't know why I found this so fascinating. :confused3

We only waited 20 minutes for our flight! After Star Tours it was time to explore Batuu!

From Muppets Animation Courtyard, through the tunnel, and into Batuu!

As soon as we walked into Batuu and took these pics, our Boarding Group was called! 12:15. There was no waiting. I caught a few pictures. Lauren took a ton and sent them to her boyfriend, who has never been to Disney World. NOW he wants to go.

We were moving quickly through the line and the few pictures I did get were blurry. But honestly, how many of you need to see my pictures when there are a half dozen youtubers out there with GREAT videos of the queue and ride?

12/3: DHS

We were off the ride at 12:48. We went to a relaxation station there in Batuu. There wasn't any seating available and it was outdoors. We stood at a table and ordered lunch from Docking Bay 7. We stayed in the relaxation station until our order was ready.

Docking Bay 7 was fabulous! the them was fantastic and the food was delicious! Absolutely give this 5/5 stars.

I can't remember now what we ordered. Looks like a grilled chicken salad of some sort and maybe the chiken yip tip?

We were seated in a little alcove. I was on a bench that was built in to the alcove, like a booth. Lauren was in a seat that more closely resembled an actual chair. Anyway, isn't this restaurant just fun?

Alright, I had hoped to get all the way through my DHS day, But it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I will leave you at our lunch. I'm not off again until New Year's Day. I will try VERY hard to get an update in on Friday. However, I do have priorities and Dillard's New Year's Day sale is at the top of them! Plus, Lauren is coming home on Saturday. and I have to get her room all ready. When she she moved out, we played switch a roo with the bedrooms. Now we have a spare bedroom/office. Y'all can imagine what mine looks like during the Christmas season because I bet yours look the same! So, I have to get that back into order. Anyway, I hope this was enough to keep you going for a little bit anyway! Thanks for reading!

YIKES!!!! I would be so scared! My new DL arrived a few days ago!

There was a bus from The "B" Resort. You needed to make a reservation the night before and they would give you a boarding pass for the bus. We didn't use their transportation because they had one bus going to the park in the morning (and I definitely wanted to get to each park sooner than their bus was scheduled for.) We also didn't use the bus back from the park because I really liked being able to leave when I wanted to rather than being tied to their schedule. But, if you want to avoid the charges of ubers, it is absolutely doable.

Maybe Ratatouille will be open by then!

I'm not sure. I saw them approaching the table and then when he started his temper tantrum. But I didn't see the true cause. Poor Lauren was just staring at this dude. I was like, "Lauren, pay attention to your dinner!" I used to work in the psychiatric hospital. I was having flashbacks of this becoming a big altercation! Lol.

I know! I can't believe how busy I have been. Last week the only day I had off was Christmas Eve. One of our dogs has had to go to doggy boot camp because he wants to chew everything and destroy stuff. We dropped him off Sunday for two weeks. But, it is PRICEY! Like, I could take another trip to Disney World pricey! So, I've had to pick up lots of extra shifts to pay for it. But, I'm going to try to stay up late tonight and get our whole first day put up! But first, dinner. BRB.
LOL, about counting the drips. I started to nursing school late in life too. I started when my 2 kids were in elementary school at the age of 29. I graduated at the age of 31, so it took a while but I've never regretted it. I loved it. When I first started out at the hospital, we had to count IV drips. I got pretty good at it and could almost tell by looking at the drips. :) Then along came the IV pumps. I envy you as a "new" nurse.

YIKES!!!! I would be so scared! My new DL arrived a few days ago!

There was a bus from The "B" Resort. You needed to make a reservation the night before and they would give you a boarding pass for the bus. We didn't use their transportation because they had one bus going to the park in the morning (and I definitely wanted to get to each park sooner than their bus was scheduled for.) We also didn't use the bus back from the park because I really liked being able to leave when I wanted to rather than being tied to their schedule. But, if you want to avoid the charges of ubers, it is absolutely doable.

Maybe Ratatouille will be open by then!

I'm not sure. I saw them approaching the table and then when he started his temper tantrum. But I didn't see the true cause. Poor Lauren was just staring at this dude. I was like, "Lauren, pay attention to your dinner!" I used to work in the psychiatric hospital. I was having flashbacks of this becoming a big altercation! Lol.

I know! I can't believe how busy I have been. Last week the only day I had off was Christmas Eve. One of our dogs has had to go to doggy boot camp because he wants to chew everything and destroy stuff. We dropped him off Sunday for two weeks. But, it is PRICEY! Like, I could take another trip to Disney World pricey! So, I've had to pick up lots of extra shifts to pay for it. But, I'm going to try to stay up late tonight and get our whole first day put up! But first, dinner. BRB.
LOL, about counting the drips. I started to nursing school late in life too. I started when my 2 kids were in elementary school at the age of 29. I graduated at the age of 31, so it took a while but I've never regretted it. I loved it. When I first started out at the hospital, we had to count IV drips. I got pretty good at it and could almost tell by looking at the drips. :) Then along came the IV pumps. I envy you as a "new" nurse.

Following along. Your fiasco with the license reminds me when I had a printed airline ticket (a million years ago) and lost it. I was searching every inch of my backpack at the counter while breaking out in a cold sweat of panic, frustration and embarrassment. I had to buy a new one at the check-in. šŸ’†šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
PS- we have the same bday!
PPS- I thought your reference to the colonoscopy was initially about the outcome of nerves/stress of trying to travel without a license. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£

Wow....your trip report title is....unfortunately accurate. šŸ˜³

At least your DHS day sounds pretty successful so far with the rides, and the weather looks like it was amazing also.

So....just want to say that the Dillard's New Years Day sale beat out a trip report update for priority,LOL. But I did get this MONSTER Samsonite suitcase for only $100. Trust me, I will NEVER have to worry about having enough room for souvenirs ever again. I could fit the monorail play set in that thing. Currently, I'm sitting at work waiting on one more case to finish up. But I'm on call tonight too. Lauren is on her way home. She didn't get to come home for Christmas, but she has to have her regular 2 month check up with her endocrinologist this week. And the new boyfriend is coming too...to meet the parents. You know, that new suitcase is big enough to fit a body .....js

I was wondering how you could go on all those rides with Boarding group 6! It was like that on our second day at HS. The ride started up late, and kept going down. They only made it to boarding group 36 all day and didn't add anyone at 2pm. If I would have been in boarding group 37, I would have been so disappointed! We ran into someone on the bus back to the resort who said they were in group 34, and didn't get the notice of boarding for groups 34-36 until 6:45 pm. (We were boarding group 89.) The park closed at 7pm that day, so that was it. We were still disappointed, but had figured out by Mid-afternoon that there just would not be enough time to get through 60 groups in 4 hours.

Following along. Your fiasco with the license reminds me when I had a printed airline ticket (a million years ago) and lost it. I was searching every inch of my backpack at the counter while breaking out in a cold sweat of panic, frustration and embarrassment. I had to buy a new one at the check-in. šŸ’†šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
PS- we have the same bday!
PPS- I thought your reference to the colonoscopy was initially about the outcome of nerves/stress of trying to travel without a license. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£

Let me start by saying, "Happy Belated Birthday" About that airline ticket, goodness! I would've been so upset! I hate encountering unplanned expenses. Hmmm....maybe I should start budgeting for unplanned expenses.

Wow....your trip report title is....unfortunately accurate. šŸ˜³

At least your DHS day sounds pretty successful so far with the rides, and the weather looks like it was amazing also.

The good news is that even the worst day at Disney is better than the best day at work. (And now, I have a pretty dang good job!) Never fear! Its not all bad. And the good news is, you usually only REALLY remember the good stuff and we've got some GREAT stuff coming up. (And more not so great stuff!)

Just popping in to say that my son is a junior at Texas Tech! Go Red Raiders!

My oldest son has friends there now. One is a business marketing major. My degree is in history with a post bac certification in teaching (that I never used.:rolleyes2 ) What is your son majoring in?

Having so much fun reading along~ can't wait for more!

So much excitement. Ready to hear more......
enjoying your report!

Buckle up! I have the next 10 days off thanks to a cancelled cruise. I am setting aside at least 2 hours every day to update this report! I'm also getting caught up on all my Dr.s appointments and literally cleaning my house top to bottom.

I was wondering how you could go on all those rides with Boarding group 6! It was like that on our second day at HS. The ride started up late, and kept going down. They only made it to boarding group 36 all day and didn't add anyone at 2pm. If I would have been in boarding group 37, I would have been so disappointed! We ran into someone on the bus back to the resort who said they were in group 34, and didn't get the notice of boarding for groups 34-36 until 6:45 pm. (We were boarding group 89.) The park closed at 7pm that day, so that was it. We were still disappointed, but had figured out by Mid-afternoon that there just would not be enough time to get through 60 groups in 4 hours.

That is such a bummer. The way they are loading this ride is THE only reason why I choose Mickey and Minnie's as being a better ride. Of course, the combination of technology and storytelling makes RoTR better, but the fact that not everyone can experience it, DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Alright folks, the boyfriend has visited. The dog is home from doggy bootcamp, And I have 10 days off work. Grab your popcorn (and maybe an adult beverage) and lets get this party started!

12/3: Mid Afternoon Break. What could go wrong?

We finished lunch at 1:50. I needed to run over to AoA to pick up some stuff for a friend in Chicago. Lauren opted to stay in Galaxy's Edge. Let me tell you, this mid afternoon Skyliner experience was pretty impressive.

I was on the Skyliner by 2pm. 7 minutes later we arrived at the CBR station. Got off and walked right on to the AoA line.

It was 2:08 as we soared through the sky and away from CBR. 2 minutes later we were coming in for a landing at the AoA/Pop Skyliner station. (Also kudos to you, if you realized I cheated and took both of the above pictures at the AoA station! ) I've never been to AoA before. Not to stay, not to visit. I haven't even walked over to eat at Landscape of Flavors the numerous times I've stayed at Pop. Or taken an AoA bus back after a long day and walked back to Pop. This was my FIRST TIME!

I really like this theming. In fact, I had forgotten about the Nemo rooms! I don't like the pictures of the Cars suites or Lion King suites I've seen on line. Too busy. My kids first trip was in the All Star Music Family Suites. I like Pop better than ASMU, but at the time, that was the most affordable for a family of 6.

Did anyone else grow up with the Disney Store? I was in highschool when the first one came close to us in Dallas. I LOVED that store. I LOVED how the theming was and I LOVED going and staring at the movie cells for sale. This wall in the lobby took me back to those days.

I just think this is so fabulous. I loved the art classes. I miss them being at DHS. If you read my trip report from September, you know I had the chance to do it at AK. In fact, my husband never remembers doing that class when it was back at DHS. Anyway, if they ever start those classes back at AoA, it is definitely a reason to take a day and do a Skyliner crawl.

I bought a mug and pen for my friend and then made the walk back to the Skyliner station.

So what do y'all think about the Big Blue pool? When they first announced you could hear under water I was super excited. Of course, years have gone by and now, I'm not so sure its a reason to stay here. Spoiler: I've already booked my stay for the 50th. I chose Pop. But I'm thinking about changing. It will be a solo trip. How many of you would switch to AoA ? How many would choose CBR or CSR? How many would stay at Pop?

Here's a view of Pop from the Skyliner station. There was a restroom at the station, so I stopped in. If I was going to get Covid on this trip, it would've been at this bathroom. :crazy2: Or maybe an STD. (If you're under 18 skip that last sentence.) Needless to say, it is NOT in the same echelon as the Tangled restrooms, or the Norway restrooms in Epcot.

I boarded the Skyliner at 2:35. Switched cars at CBR for the DHS line. Took off from CBR at 2:41 and landed at 2:45.

This was my view walking back into the park at 2:50. EMPTY. The lack of crowds at times absolutely amazed me.

Anyway, in an hour, I had made the round trip to AoA made a couple of purchases and made my way back. It was a nice little break from the park. And absolutely NOTHING went wrong!

Wow! Great use of an hour of time! We had wanted to do something like that during our trip, but with the rain, never made it there. It is definitely on the bucket list for next time!

CSR seemed huge even before the new tower was built, but it's also beautiful and the pool is fantastic. CBR is also beautiful and I have a friend who loves it. We've never had the opportunity to stay there, but it's on my radar. I do think theme puts AOA above POP for me, depending on the price difference.

12/3: Keep your mask on!

Lauren met me out in front of the Starbucks. She had done some shopping too. She bought me one of the little Mickey Statues that said "World's Best Mom" I know she took my picture with it, but I must've not liked how it looked because it isn't in my picture folder! Let's just say, I have definitely put on some weight and leggings may not have been my most flattering choice of clothing for this trip!

We stopped into Starbucks.549337

and got this bad boy! Red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and sprinkles. Can y'all tell from the picture how HUGE this thing was? We split it between the two of us. But honestly, you could split it between 3 or 4 people.

I also got a peppermint mocha frappe. Lauren made fun of me on this trip for needing my "Morning before we leave the room coffee." My "We arrived at the park coffee." My "Midafternoon, Don't you want some coffee? Coffee." And my evening "Its kinda chilly lets warm up coffee" I do not have a problem.

This was our view while enjoying our snack. There is a little concrete ledge. We chose this spot for A) the view, and B) we could socially distance while eating without our masks on. There were some benches. But most of them were occupied at the time.

Where it all went wrong: While we were enjoying our snack, a group of two couples came by to take pictures with Echo Lake in the background. They all took off their masks and took turns posing for pictures. I was irritated. I tried to tell myself that they were socially distanced so it really wasn't any different than Lauren and I choosing that spot to eat. But I was irked. The funny part was, this photopass photographer (that you can kinda see if you squint) over by Indiana Jones looked across and saw it all going down. I was pretty impressed with this particular CMs speed walking abilites. They came over and had a little tete a tete with this group. I'm assuming reminding them of Disney rules. It seemed to get slightly intense so I don't know if the group was trying to give a little push back. But eventually they all put on their masks and wandered off.

Lauren and I had our own little photo shoot. Masks on of course.

This girl cracks me up. Any of you have teenage daughters? She DOES like having her picture taken! We took a couple more photos before wandering over to Toy Story Land past MMRR.

This was the line for SDD at 3:20. The CM sign said 80 minutes. We passed the time taking some pictures.

Where it kinda went wrong: At this point it was 3:55. We had been in line 30 minutes and it was barely moving. We opted to bail. We never did get to ride SDD.

Instead we went over to TSMM. This line was moving quick! I just love all of the different murals on the walls in here. I took several pictures. But I'm only going to bore you with a couple.

Is this not one of the most amazing animatronics? One of the great things about Disney is, it isn't necessarily about the shiniest and newest, but you can see the progression of technology. From the Tiki birds, to Mr. Potato Head, to RoTR. It was 10 minutes from the time we left the SDD line until we boarded our car here at TSMM. We were off at 4:13. Where to next?

Wow! Great use of an hour of time! We had wanted to do something like that during our trip, but with the rain, never made it there. It is definitely on the bucket list for next time!

I've seen reports where people do Skyliner crawls. It might be worth it just to go over to Pop for the Tie Dye cheesecake!

CSR seemed huge even before the new tower was built, but it's also beautiful and the pool is fantastic. CBR is also beautiful and I have a friend who loves it. We've never had the opportunity to stay there, but it's on my radar. I do think theme puts AOA above POP for me, depending on the price difference.

That's the one thing that always stops me from staying at AoA. for the same price, I could stay at a moderate....and have access to a hot tub!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter