The One Where It All Went Wrong 12/3-12/6

Just found your TR. Enjoying your writing style . Looking forward to reading more about your adventures and all that goes wrong : ) .

Love the updates :)

Thanks Paulaparm. I'm hoping to get started on my Epcot day right after this. And boy! Is it a doozy!

Just found your TR. Enjoying your writing style . Looking forward to reading more about your adventures and all that goes wrong : ) .

DLo glad to see you here!

Guys, I did a thing today! Well, actually I did it last Friday, but it happened today! I finally got wifi for the house. We've been without for about 3 years. I got mad at our previous company. (Suddenlink..yes, I will call them out by name because they suck that bad.) It didn't matter how much we limited our usage our bill kept going up and up! Until it was almost triple what they originally quoted me. We finally got ATT fiber in our neighborhood last year. Everybody loves it. I've been holding out making sure everybody STAYED in love with it. Last Sunday, when I was at Sam's a salesperson was desperately trying to get people to talk to him. I was probably the ONLY person he didn't ask. But I was in a rare mood so I approached HIM. Voila. Now we have internet.

Also I finished a project today:

I am not a crafty person. These have taken me a month and about three different tries. I followed a YouTube tutorial, but I struggled with EVERY step. Anyway, I think they turned out pretty cute. I'm a little worried about the hot glue being enough to really HOLD those ears. But i tried sewing them on like one tutorial recommended. Yeah, I couldn't get the needle to go through the naugahyde. So, we'll see how these hold up.

And here's a cute little pic for you just to make you smile.

Isn't my little poopsie woopsie adorable?

I got it for like $11 during the Twice Upon a Year Sale on ShopDisney.

12/5: Slow roll into Epcot?

The alarm went off at 7 am. I got up and got dressed and ran downstairs to grab some water.

They also had ICE and Diet Green Tea. Lauren likes both of those so I picked them up. Ran back upstairs and finished drying my hair with the hotel blow dryer since it was still a little damp from the night before. However, I had to unplug it because the switch was stuck in the ON position!

I ordered an uber and we arrived at the Boardwalk at 9:03. (No problems getting dropped off this time!) We completed our mobile order on the ride over. (Ordered from Boardwalk Bakery). I waited until we passed through the guard gate to click, "I'm here".

Quick selfie while we wait for our order. I also wound up in a conversation with another guest. I don't remember how it got started, but turned out he was a retired RN! So Lauren grabbed our food when it was ready. I don't even think we took pictures! But we did take pictures as we walked over to the IG entrance to Epcot.

I really would like to stay in this area one day. I'd like to stay here for Marathon Weekend some year I think it would be super convenient. DH wants to stay at Saratoga Springs. :confused3

It was a short walk over to the IG entrance. Especially since we didn't get lost this morning!

How peaceful is that picture? I had to hurry and finish my coffee. We were standing socially distanced against this rail and I stayed facing the canal so I wouldn't be breathing in anyone's direction while I finished my coffee. There were only a few groups ahead of us, but I wanted to hurry and finish before more folks arrived.

Annoying interlude: Like I said, there were only maybe 5 small groups ahead of us. As we were waiting, this HUGE group of like 10 people walked up. Strollers, Mom, Dad, kids, grandma, grandpa. Everybody. It wasn't a big deal, because its not like we were in line for a ride, but in order to maintain social distancing every group behind them had to back up. And they had us in this corral like thing, so anyway.

They started letting us through the temperature check at 10 am and then held us here at the tapstiles. the same family that cut in line at the temp check, cut in line at the tapstiles! I memorized the faces of that family because I sure didn't want to get behind them in any ride line! Lol. We were through the tapstiles at 1010. Then the race was on!

Who can guess where we were headed?

12/5: The Headliners

Yup, we were headed for Test Track.

We were in line at 10:16. I'm not sure what the posted wait time was at this point. We made it just inside the entrance before the "real" wait began.

We waited a minute or so and then walked on through to the design bays. The line started moving again at 10:28. Our total wait time ended up being about 15 minutes and we were off this attraction by 10:38. We browsed the cars. I always like looking at them. Then, we went over to Mousegears. I'm not sure what we bought, but we checked out at 11 am. I know Lauren picked up quite a few things. Maybe she bought stuff and I didn't? I don't have any pictures.

Okay, our update is being interrupted by real life. Excuse me while I go pick my son up from ROTC Air Rifle practice!

Ok. Kid fetched.

Where in the world am I?

Yes, we made our way into the Land Pavillion for Soarin. Who likes this queue? I do not. I think its because I'm a destination girl. Not a journey girl. Can anyone else relate? So therefore, a queue line all about being in an airport....blech. Now, if they put up huge murals like postcards from around the world. I would like that!

The posted wait time was 55 minutes when we got in line at 11:15. We waited 33 minutes until we were let into the pre show area. We got group A1. We were off at 12:03.

By this point, I hit a midday slump. I wanted to ride Figment, but there was a HUGE line and it WASN"T moving! We didn't want a big lunch because ......

I made us a reservation at Chefs de France for 4 pm!!!!! I have really wanted to try this restaurant and this seemed like the perfect trip for it.

But, we were a little peckish.

I realized it had been a while since I had enjoyed one of these little treasures. 551030

We enjoyed this lovely view during our snack. This didn't quite meet all of our snacking needs.

So it was Lieutenant Kernel to the rescue! We enjoyed some maple popcorn in Canada. It was everything you have heard it to be!

We found a little bench up the stairs kind of at the back. That's the waterfall in front of us and there is a red phone booth to our right that is not pictured.

The waterfall in the back of Canada. After this, we waited for the next showing of Canada Far and Wide. We had just missed a show, but that was okay. It was 12 minutes of waiting in a cool environment. I took a little nap. Have y'all gotten to see the "recently" refurbished Canada Far and Wide? Its not that new anymore, but because of Covid many haven't been able to experience it yet. I think it is definitely a worthy upgrade.

We continued a slow stroll around World Showcase. Taking pictures of Lauren as we went. (I gues because she's 19 and feels like she needs 50 billion pictures of herself?)

12/5: World Showcase

UK....

I would love to make a garland like this for my front porch.

Lauren....again

I love this spot in Morocco. Its inside the Fez house. Its always so cool in here. And check out that lantern!

Blue doors, Red doors, lets just take pictures with all the doors.

The Japan Pavillion is just full of photo friendly spots.

We did buy these in Mitsukoshi. I tried one. They were okay. Lauren liked them. I do think it would be fun to go on a candy stroll one day. Just buy a candy/snack indigenous to each country in World Showcase.

It was crazy crowded in World Showcase today, but you'd never know it by this shot!

Because, I don't know why?!

The money shot.

Okay. Up next. D.R.A.M.A. THE ONE WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG! AND I MEAN REALLY REALLY REALLY (there might be a divorce) WRONG!

12/5: WHERE IT ALL WENT REALLY REALLY HORRIBLY TERRIBLY MISERABLY WRONG

Okay, in order for this post to be as immersive as possible, I'm going to need you all to hyperventilate a little. Let that feeling of panic set in. Think BIG spiders, whatever else gets your anxiety going? Okay are we all one step away from needing a xanax? Good, then let's continue.

We made it to the American Pavillion at 2:15. Mariachi Cobre was just finishing up a set and Voices of Liberty were set to take the stage at 2:35. They cleared the theater to do some cleaning and then let us all in.

Just before the performance began, it dawned on me that I should probably double check with the hotel that they had picked up my passport.

The last picture before it all crashed and burned.

I got ahold of the front desk and inquired if they had picked up my passport. The response? "We don't pick up from the post office on the weekends."

:oops: There is not an emoji on this board to relay to you the ABSOLUTE PANIC that set in. Now, my passport was stuck at some USPS station in Orlando at 2:45 on a Saturday. I was checking out of the hotel on Sunday and out flight out was EARLY Monday morning. As of this moment, I have no drivers license and no sure fire way of getting ahold of my passport. I am PANICKED. And when I get scared I get PISSED. All I could think of to do was google which USPS stations were closest to Disney property, check and see if they were open, call to see if they have my passport, and then take an uber to pick it up and pray I made it before they closed. This plan meant that I would miss the Chefs de France reservation. Lauren couldn't go with me. One of us HAD to make that reservation because I was within the 24 hour window and couldn't cancel it.

By this point, the VoL performance was over and I had missed it. I LOVE VoL, so yet another thing MISSED because of this issue. I told Lauren to be sure to enjoy that reservation. Made sure she had gift cards to cover it. Then I made my way over to the International Gateway. I figured I'd walk to Boardlwalk and grab an Uber. Luckily, there is a guest services right there. I stopped in and lucked out. There was a CM who used to work in the mail center for Disney and he was bale to direct me to the correct USPS. Guys, there were about 3 CMS in there who all heard my story. I was SOOOO mad. I was mad at my husband for sending it USPS. I was mad at the hotel for not picking it up when they said they would. I was MAD.

I left the International Gateway to walk to Beach Club for an uber. I called my husband to get the tracking number. then I called the post office to make sure they had the package.

AND IT GOES FROM BAD TO WORSE.

The post office confirmed that the package had arrived at their station. But they said it had been picked up by Disney the day before. People, I swear, my heart stopped. I wasn't staying at a Disney Resort. How was this possible? Where was my passport?

I called the front desk of the B Resort and Spa back and relayed this information to them. They assured me that Disney would not have picked up their mail. And they reassured me they had sent a guy over after my last call to pick up the mail and he was on his way back.

My stress level you guys. Can you even imagine? And now, there was nothing else I could do. The post office didn't have it. At this point, the resort didn't have it. and if Disney had it....well that was going to be quite the process to find.

I made my way back into Epcot and texted Lauren. I stopped back into Guest Services and gave them an update...and asked for references for a good divorce attorney. (Husband had been giving me ATTITUDE because I wasn't just falling down at his feet that he sent me my passport. BECAUSE HE SENT IT USPS AT CHRISTMAS!!! Who DOES that?) Anyway, Lauren and I met up in Morocco and walked back to France.

Lauren said she had made it all the way around to Mexico and that it was CROWDED and people were drunk. Her afternoon wasn't great either.

My afternoon may have been terrible, but the views at Epcot are never gloom, doom, and despair.

This was a cute display in France.

We checked in for our reservation at Chefs de France and were seated at exactly 4 pm.

The restaurant was beautiful and quiet.

This was Lauren's chosen appetizer. I ordered the French onion soup. I LOVE French Onion soup.

I ordered the Boeuf Bourginon. It was amazing and just melted in my mouth.

Lauren ordered whatever the heck this is. Salmon. Whatever. Back to my Boeuf Bourginon...I could feel my troubles melting away. In my mouth.

I think we both ordered the mousse au chocolate. Chocolate Mousse is my favorite.

I would 100% recommend this restaurant. We did the Prixe Fixe dinner. So we got all three courses. And I think it was $55/person? Maybe $75? It wasn't the cheapest meal on property, but it was worth it as a special treat.

We were done at 5.

Enjoying your report!

The Soarin’ queue is like a cattle corral! At Disneyland it’s a corridor of pictures of the history of flight and aviation in California. Much more interesting!

Chefs de France looks so delicious. Unfortunately my husband ended up admitted to Celebration Hospital for an emergency appendectomy within hours of a meal at Monsieur Paul (and an ambulance ride where he didn’t even realize I was in the front seat) so he will not be eating at either of the restaurants in France again. (In the “Where it all went wrong” category!)

Looking forward to your next installment!

Thanks Paulaparm. I'm hoping to get started on my Epcot day right after this. And boy! Is it a doozy!

DLo glad to see you here!

Guys, I did a thing today! Well, actually I did it last Friday, but it happened today! I finally got wifi for the house. We've been without for about 3 years. I got mad at our previous company. (Suddenlink..yes, I will call them out by name because they suck that bad.) It didn't matter how much we limited our usage our bill kept going up and up! Until it was almost triple what they originally quoted me. We finally got ATT fiber in our neighborhood last year. Everybody loves it. I've been holding out making sure everybody STAYED in love with it. Last Sunday, when I was at Sam's a salesperson was desperately trying to get people to talk to him. I was probably the ONLY person he didn't ask. But I was in a rare mood so I approached HIM. Voila. Now we have internet.

Also I finished a project today:
View attachment 550988

View attachment 550989

I am not a crafty person. These have taken me a month and about three different tries. I followed a YouTube tutorial, but I struggled with EVERY step. Anyway, I think they turned out pretty cute. I'm a little worried about the hot glue being enough to really HOLD those ears. But i tried sewing them on like one tutorial recommended. Yeah, I couldn't get the needle to go through the naugahyde. So, we'll see how these hold up.

And here's a cute little pic for you just to make you smile.
View attachment 550990

Isn't my little poopsie woopsie adorable?

View attachment 550991

I got it for like $11 during the Twice Upon a Year Sale on ShopDisney.

I have WiFi through Charter/Spectrum (cable), but a new company is putting fiber in in my neighborhood, so I could switch. I'm hesitant, despite Spectrum being less reliable than I'd like.

Your ears look great!

Okay, the last photo where the little poopsie woopsie is giving you The Are You Kidding Me Right Now look is heckin ADORABLE.

Enjoying your report!

The Soarin’ queue is like a cattle corral! At Disneyland it’s a corridor of pictures of the history of flight and aviation in California. Much more interesting!

Chefs de France looks so delicious. Unfortunately my husband ended up admitted to Celebration Hospital for an emergency appendectomy within hours of a meal at Monsieur Paul (and an ambulance ride where he didn’t even realize I was in the front seat) so he will not be eating at either of the restaurants in France again. (In the “Where it all went wrong” category!)

Oh! That queue sounds WONDERFUL! I'm hoping to go to Disneyland....if they ever open back up. Your husbands situation sounds DREADFUL! I would HATE to have an emergency appe away from home! Had it already burst? OR were they able to get to it before he had to do antibiotics? We're doing laparoacsopic appe's and sending them home the day of surgery! Isn't that CRAZY????? I definitely think your husband takes the cake on "Where It All Went Wrong"

I have WiFi through Charter/Spectrum (cable), but a new company is putting fiber in in my neighborhood, so I could switch. I'm hesitant, despite Spectrum being less reliable than I'd like.

Your ears look great!

Okay, the last photo where the little poopsie woopsie is giving you The Are You Kidding Me Right Now look is heckin ADORABLE.

Funny thing, all of a sudden youngest kid (He's 15) is sick this morning and needs to stay home from school. :rolleyes2 His Dad will throw a fit, but I don't care. He isn't getting the greatest education anyway, plus Covid makes it even worse.He's basically been going to school this whole year, sitting in front of a computer, and completing assignments. He just logged on for today (to go ahead and get his schoolwork done) and he has 1 assignment in a class. Taking notes.I homeschooled my kids. But that was not a recipe for success for this kid so he went to public school. I hate it. But, he gets a free ride to our local juco if he graduates from this school. So.... All that to say having fiber is great!

Onyx is our precious little Boston Terrier. We're working with the other dogs to stay off the furniture. The rest of the family keeps shooing her off the furniture too. But I tell them, she's not a dog. She's a princess. Leave her alone. I do love her. (Maybe more than the family sometimes!!!)

:eek: The passport!

I know!!!! How could it have possibly turned into SUCH a soap opera?!

Well I guess I understand that bills have to be paid. 😉 My work is always getting in the way of my Disney fun.

I work to go to Disney!

12/5: Say Goodnight Epcot
We left Chefs de France and made our way back to Future World.

Random picture along the way. I think this was in the UK? We stopped in the Festival Showplace on the way. When DH and I were here in Sept for Food and Wine Festival Showplace had some of the BEST food. (Nitro Cake pop anyone?)

On the path up to the Showplace building, I got a phonecall from the hotel. THEY HAD MY PASSPORT!!!!! Crisis averted. Huge relief. Unfortunately, all of that adrenaline just whooshed out of my body! Haha. NOW vacation could begin. 😆 :sad2:

The Showplace had some fabulous displays that I wanted to check out.

Lauren was not impressed and wandered off to find the bathroom.

This was the real reason I wanted to come in! A chocolate replication of the Capitol.

We went into the Showplace market and Lauren bought herself a toboggan. And that was that for Festival Showplace. As we came back out into World Showcase and on around in to Future World, the crowds were still crazy. Now, in the defense of Disney, capacity was at 35%. Well, if they hit "capacity" that was like regular crowd levels for any other non covid day of the year. Plus, social distancing, all of the cutbacks, etc. (And it was a Saturday night of a festival!) So of course it was going to feel crowded!

We couldn't leave without riding Figment.

We were in line at Figment at 5:30 with a posted wait time of 40 minutes? Remember the Splash wait time of 5 minutes yesterday and how incredulous I was? Well, 40 minutes for Figment falls into the SAME category! There were a ton of people in the FP+ line. I wondered if maybe Figment had gone down earlier in the day. We only waited 7 minutes.

Figment in his holiday sweater!!! (That's the real reason the line was so long! Everyone wanted to see Holiday Figment!)

We just had one must do left.

Spaceship Earth!We were in line at 5:53 and there was a posted wait time of 45 minutes. We only waited 15. as we were boarding i asked the CM how many total cars there were. She said there are a total of 151 cars, but they don't use them all each day. So your wait time could depend on how many cars are working and are in the rotation!

After this, I was DONE. My energy was spent. I couldn't hang anymore. Against Lauren's will we made our way out of Epcot.

Where It all Went Wrong: We were going to order an uber back to the hotel. So when we left, we headed toward where the busses pick you up. I don't know why I thought that's where the uber pick up was??? So of course, it was not there. It was allllllll the way over in the Journey to Imagination Lot. (Luckily there was a security guard on the walkway back to Epcot who answered my question.) So we had to trek alllllll the way back through the temp checks at the front of the park. The security at the front of the park just laughed and pointed us in the right direction. I guess they get misdirected travelers a lot.

We made it to the ride share tent and ordered a ride at 6:42.. It arrived at 6:50. We were pooped. We made it back to the resort at 7 and picked up my precious passport from the Front Desk! At LAST!!!!!!!

The Ear Collection! We spent the next little while packing up in anticipation of tomorrow's checkout. We had some concern that my bag was going to be overweight, and figuring out where to put that dadgum kitchen sink was a challenge!

Up next: Checking out of B Resort and Spa, Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom, and the Hyatt at MCO.

Okay, for real now guys...I have to go to work!!!

Hey y'all!!! How bout an update??? I'm working until 1 am because the nightshift nurse got sick, but there are no cases so....yay for us!

12/6:To RD or not to RD that is the question

So by this point in the trip I am ALWAYS ready for a rest day. But today was our LAST park day. Lauren and I discussed if we wanted to
a) RD AK for short ride times, or
b) go to Disney Springs in the morning when it wasn't so busy, hit up AK about 1 or 2 and then close it down.

We chose B. So this morning we took our time getting ready. We checked out about 9:30, left our bags with Bell Services and got an uber to Disney Springs. We got to Disney Springs just before 10 and ordered coffee and croissants from Starbucks. Lauren took pictures outside the Lego store while I waited for our order.

I'll post them just in case its been awhile since you've been down there to see the Lego art.

We found a spot somewhere I guess to eat breakfast. My notes from this morning are pretty sketchy. After breakfast I think we wandered into World of Disney. Lauren was looking for a white spirit jersey with Olaf. We couldn't find it in her size anywhere. She finally settled on one just like mine. We went into DisneyStyle and picked up some scrunchies. She also wanted to go into the UGG store. (2 weeks before her birthday and 3 weeks before Christmas and this is the first I'm hearing that she wants Uggs. Needless to say, there were no UGGs under the Christmas tree this year.)

While we were shopping I checked in for our return flight. We got boarding group B14 and 15. Much better than the flight down! (Pretty sure DH never checked us in) We also checked out the Levi store, Uniqlo, and the Star Wars store.

Lauren didn't remember this from our previous trips.

Gee whiz, isn't this a beautiful shot? Why doesn't the sky look like this where I live??

Done with out shopping we decided just to take the first bus we saw back to a resort and catch an AK bus from that resort. The first bus just happened to be going to the Grand Floridian. We boarded the bus at 11:35 and it left about 11:40. There were plexiglass dividers between groups of seats. But the bus was fairly empty. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 other groups. We got to the Grand Floridian about noon. I wanted to go in and look at the tree and such, but Lauren just wanted to get on into Animal Kingdom. I couldn't blame her! We waited at the bus stop for the next AK bus. The monitor didn't give any indication of when the next bus would arrive, but it pulled up at 12:05. No one else at the bus stop was waiting for that bus. We had a VERY peaceful ride to AK. We arrived at 12:20. Walked right through temp check and tapstyles with no wait.

Gotta love the AK Christmas Tree.

Cheerful CMs welcomed us right in!

Hakuna Matata to you!

Once inside we did some shopping. Lauren went into Asia because there were some pants she was looking for. I stopped in Starbucks for a coffee and wound up buying myself an Acrylic tumbler with the icons from all 4 parks on it.

There's my tumbler! And I guess I opted for the Strawberry Acai refresher instead of coffee. Doesn't look like I took a picture of Lauren's pants.

Will we ever ride any attractions?

12/6: Who put the ANIMAL in Animal Kingdom?

Finally at 1:20 we got in line for SOMETHING! we got in line for Kilimanjaro Safari. The posted wait time was 50 minutes. Lauren passed the time by watching the latest episode of The Mandalorian. We only waited 20 minutes.

Black rhinos.

Wildebeest.
Can anybody tell me what these are? 😆

My favorite.
African Elephants?
Flamingoes.

White rhinos.

What are these? Okapi? That doesn't sound right.

Look who we got to see!

There's nothing to see here. I just thought it was pretty.

12/6: It's a Stampede

We were off KS by 2 pm and headed over to ride Dinosaur. However, about this time Expedition Everest, which had been down pretty much all day, came back on line. People, there was a stampede of such magnitude that Scar would've been impressed. I mean, if you ever thought that a RD rush crow was crazy. Y'all should have seen this! And since the line was growing so fast the CMs couldn't keep up with the end of the line! People were cutting in line and I'm not talking, "Oh I saw one person cut." No, it was like every third party was cutting. And a lot of it was, parties would send the person who could walk the fasted to get in line and then the rest of the party would catch up and cut in line with the fast walker. By the time we found the end of the line it had wrapped around the Nemo building and the wait time had jumped in the app from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. It was 2:20. By 2:25 the wait time had jumped to 65 minutes. By 2:30 the wait time had jumped to 90 minutes. But back to line jumpers. A huge group jumped in line right behind me. I was ticked. So, I waited until we got to a switchback section of the line and I asked the party right behind the line jumpers (who had originally been behind me for a good 15 minutes), if they would like to go ahead of my daughter and I. Those line jumpers got real mad, real fast. the group declined. And I didn't care about the line jumpers being mad. I get it, no one wants to wait in a 90 minute line. But line jumping is NOT okay,
All of those people are in line! Yes, it was going both ways!

How many of us have stopped to pay attention to the outside of the queue? I'm usually to busy rushing to get in the super short morning line, FP line, or single rider line.

Joe Rhode and his team really outdid themselves with the details inside this queue. I'm sad he's retired. Why can't Chapek retire instead?
Our wait ended up being about 30 minutes and we were off at 2:50. By the time we got off the wait time had jumped to 120 minutes!!!

Now, we were off to ride Dinosaur. We got in line at 3 pm. The line wrapped back to Triceratop Spin. it had a posted wait time of 70 minutes. Lauren went back to watching her Mandalorian episode while I took pictures.

Merry Christmas from AK!
The park really doesn't look that busy. (That's because everyone was in line for EE!) And also, sad farewell to Primeval Whirl. (I never liked that ride anyway.)

See? If you angle your camera just right you can either make the park look very busy, or very empty!

Where it all went wrong: At this point in the line, I notice these 2 kids wandering up and down the line while crying. I finally stopped one of them and sure enough they couldn't find their parents. I left the line to take them to a CM. Lauren's phone was connected to the battery charger in my backpack and instead of just disconnecting it she got out of line too! So we lost our place in line! Thankfully, a sweet family who saw me talking to a CM let us "cut" in front of them. We were still way far back from where we would have been had we not gottne out of line, but I didn't feel right trying to work our way back to our original spot.

It was a 50 minute wait and we were off at 3:55.

Okay, I was going to do one more installment to this update, but I am tired. and my eyes hurt from staring at computer screens all day. My relief will be here in 30 minutes. And a 16 hour day is looooong! Especially since I'm sure I'll be back at it tomorrow! Good night y'all!

Good job on this TR! I have enjoyed all the updates. I am glad your passport fiasco turned out in the end! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!