The One Where It All Went Wrong 12/3-12/6

Nooooo need more updates lol. Sorry Murphy's Law hit you. I know how that feels 😕. Hope the rest of your trip was amazing. I'll stay posted to find out.

Following along and enjoying the story.
You were living my travel nightmare! I can't sleep the night before worrying about my travel papers, ID's, flight info, and on and on and on..................
I'm so glad things worked out for you at TSA, and can't wait to hear more.
PS: I worked recovery or post anesthesia as they now call it, on call, if they needed a fill in. I worked ICU. So I know how busy you are....

I think all of our fears...forgetting our ID.. on one trip I realized when we got to airport I left it home. Luckily my son was able to drive it to the airport in time..I really didn’t know you could actually fly without one...

You are a busy nurse, which means you NEEDED that vacation to relax! I am so sorry it started out with so many hassles! I hope the rest goes a bit more smoothly for you! :santa:

Nooooo need more updates lol. Sorry Murphy's Law hit you. I know how that feels 😕. Hope the rest of your trip was amazing. I'll stay posted to find out.

I know! I know! i tried so hard to have all of my Christmas stuff done, because I knew when I got back from this trip I would be B.U.S.Y! Of course my plan didn't really pan out. I had to go today and finish up Christmas shopping.
Following along and enjoying the story.
You were living my travel nightmare! I can't sleep the night before worrying about my travel papers, ID's, flight info, and on and on and on..................
I'm so glad things worked out for you at TSA, and can't wait to hear more.
PS: I worked recovery or post anesthesia as they now call it, on call, if they needed a fill in. I worked ICU. So I know how busy you are....

Right? We're all such uber planners. I just can't even imagine how this happened. I did file for a new one the other day though. This year has been so strange down in Recovery. I just transferred down there when Covid hit. We were a little busy through the summer, but since the second wave here, all elective surgeries (unless they can go home through day surgery) have been cancelled. We had a guy in an outlying area die from a massive abdominal infection. All the major hospitals are on diversion and the small regional hospital he was at, couldn't perform the surgery he needed. Its a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
What a stressful travel day! I hope the rest of your trip is smoother.

Weeeeellllll........

I think all of our fears...forgetting our ID.. on one trip I realized when we got to airport I left it home. Luckily my son was able to drive it to the airport in time..I really didn’t know you could actually fly without one...

I know?! And they have made such a big deal about having these drivers licenses with real id. What is that about?

You are a busy nurse, which means you NEEDED that vacation to relax! I am so sorry it started out with so many hassles! I hope the rest goes a bit more smoothly for you! :santa:

I mean, it does make for a great story though!

Hey guys! I am shocked at how busy I am! Always with these trip reports I think, "Oh yeah, couple of weeks and I'll have this busted out." Nope, never happens that way. I ran around today picking up last minute Christmas gifts. Luckily I got called out to work tonight. So I'm typing this little note while I wait for the case to finish up. I'm going to try and squeeze in a little update. so let me get to that.

12/2 The Hotel...thankfully no terror here

We got an uber from the airport and headed to B Resort and Spa. I think the uber was about $35 from the airport to the resort. They were working on the sign on the East side of property. It took maybe 40 minutes from the time we ordered the uber until we arrived at the hotel.

Just a quick pick of the lobby. My pics of the lobby aren't that great. I mean, its just hard to tell the actual whole layout of the lobby from my pictures. If you think you might be interested in this resort I highly recommend looking up some walk throughs on YouTube. We paid $68/ night + a $22/night resort fee.

Of course upon check in they wanted a photo id. So I had to explain everything. Once again I pulled out my credit cards and work badge. The one advantage was that because I DIDN'T have my DL, I pulled out my work badge so he waived the resort fee as a 1st responders discount. (I'm not really a 1st responder, but he asked if I worked with Covid patients...well, we get them in OR recovery, and now we're back up for ICU if they need help.) So, at least a small reprieve. I mean if you think of it that way...it was like an unexpected $88 bonus. That helped offset the lack of refund on the car rental.

I did take some pictures of the room.

And it came with a nice view of Disney Springs

We were hungry. I gave Lauren the choice of Disney Springs for dinner or ordering uber eats. She chose Disney Springs. We went to the lobby and I ordered an uber.

This was actually outside the lobby in the port cochere.

Up next: Disney Springs...on a weekday night.

12/2: Disney Springs...on a weekday night

We didn't wait long for our uber driver and it was a quick ride to Disney Springs. (I'm just going to tuck this note here...short trips to Disney Springs generally ran us $10 including tip. To the parks it was closer to $15-$20 to and from including tip.)

We arrived at Disney Springs about 8:30. Lauren wasn't sure where she wanted to eat. She finally decided on Blaze pizza.

Where it all went wrong: Apparently I can't navigate Disney Springs in the Dark! It took us FOREVER to get over to Blaze pizza. We walked all the way from the 12 Days of Christmas Store to the Coke Store and then back to Blaze pizza! And it was crowded! Now, not Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom crowded, but you did have to watch out to keep from walking into people or having them walk into you.

Despite my lack of direction we finally made it to Blaze.

There wasn't really a wait to get it. We each got a salad. Lauren got a Caesar with Coke Zero and I got the Mediterranean with unsweet iced tea.

Drama alert: As we were enjoying our salads in our corner booth there was this guy and his wife seated at the long tables in the middle of the restaurant on those little stools. They were more Pooh size than Piglet size. And I don't know if those small stools just weren't a good fit for them or what. But all of a sudden he was standing and kicking that stool and slamming the table and cussing. I was so glad Lauren was grown and not a little kid. I looked up to kinda see what was going on, but then made a point just to ignore the situation and go back to my salad. I was a little surprised to see that a cast member didn't intervene, but the CMs in there were busy.

The timing was practically perfect. Just as we finished our salads our medium pepperoni and pineapple keto crust pizza was ready. The keto crust was definitely different texture wise, but neither Lauren or I thought it was bad.

After dinner, we wandered back towards The World of Disney and Basin. I knew I wanted to go into both of those stores. And I was looking for DisneyStyle, but of COURSE I couldn't find it.

Before we hit up shopping though we paused for a couple pics.

Lauren loved these lanterns hanging from this tree.

And of course I wanted a selfie in front of one of the Disney Springs Christmas Trees. You'll notice over the course of this trip that Lauren is your typical cute, super sweet, but slightly self absorbed 18 year old. She loved taking pictures of herself at Disney...just not so much with Mom! :rotfl2:

Before we really got busy shopping, we decided it was time for a first.

Churros! Neither of us have ever had a churro! At Disney or anywhere else. I did tell Lauren that from all reports, the churros here at WDW pale in comparison to those at DL. I got the special holiday peppermint one. Lauren got the classic cinnamon churro with nutella sauce. They were delicious. In an attempt to not put Lauren in a diabetic coma on the first night, we each only ate half and saved the other for a late night snack. (Note to self: churros don't save. :laughing:)

From there we wandered through Marketplace Coop. I got myself that grey and cream fuzzy spirit jersey. Yes, it was $80, but I betcha I've worn it a couple times per week since I've gotten back. In fact, I'm wearing it right now as I type this in the recovery room. (I'll take it off before the patient rolls out.) But it is SOOOO warm and comfy, cozy.

It was starting to get late, so I talked Lauren into not going into World of Disney tonight. In fact, the last few times I've been to Disney, I haven't really seen anything unique in World of Disney that just really compels me to HAVE to go in there. We did duck into Basin. I LOVE that store. I've started ordering online now though and just having it shipped to my house. I bought a hair care barrel online. I got three shampoos and a conditioning bar. I bet that 1 barrel is going to last me a year. I didn't do too badly in there this trip. I think I only spent around $70. I bought a shower bomb barrel to use as Disney souvenirs for family members that didn't come. Lauren and I picked up some of the solid perfume and tinted lip balms. Love the lip balms, not so much the tinted shampoos.

I still needed to stop into 12 Days of Christmas. It was on the way out. But by the time we got over there, we were tired. I buy a Chrismtas ornament on EVERY trip. I still had multiple days left on this trip though and we had an early day the next morning! We walked back over to the ride share pick up and ordered an uber.

We got back to the hotel around 11. I decided I would just shower in the morning , but Lauren went ahead and hopped in.

Where it all went wrong: The shower FLOODED the bathroom floor. I think the drains in our room didn't work properly because I noticed the sink was also slow to drain. (Which is a huge pet peeve of mine.) I'm sure I could've called down to the front desk and they would've either moved us or sent someone up to look at it. But it has already been a looooooong day and we had completely unpacked all of our bags. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle. We used every towel we had and cleaned up all the water and fell into bed.

Up next: Can we get a better BG than our actual flight?

On the edge of my seat waiting for more!:earsboy:

Oh boy! Your story reminds me of when DH and I were headed to Cancun. When I got to the airport and handed my Passport to airline counter employee, she pointed out that it was EXPIRED. What idiot heads to the airport not knowing that her Passport is expired? That would be me! The airline employee pointed me toward a woman sitting in the lobby. I showed her my Passport and DL. She filled out some "affidavit" and off we went on vacation with no problems. But I worried the WHOLE trip that I would be in Mexico for the rest of my life. I got back home.

There used to be free shuttle buses between the Disney Springs Hotels and the theme parks. (I used these during a Best Western stay a few years ago.) Were those still running?

I’m on board ! Cant wait till our next trip in March Ineed to get you Disney fix thru you. I am also an RN.

I know! I know! i tried so hard to have all of my Christmas stuff done, because I knew when I got back from this trip I would be B.U.S.Y! Of course my plan didn't really pan out. I had to go today and finish up Christmas shopping.

Right? We're all such uber planners. I just can't even imagine how this happened. I did file for a new one the other day though. This year has been so strange down in Recovery. I just transferred down there when Covid hit. We were a little busy through the summer, but since the second wave here, all elective surgeries (unless they can go home through day surgery) have been cancelled. We had a guy in an outlying area die from a massive abdominal infection. All the major hospitals are on diversion and the small regional hospital he was at, couldn't perform the surgery he needed. Its a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Weeeeellllll........

I know?! And they have made such a big deal about having these drivers licenses with real id. What is that about?

I mean, it does make for a great story though!

That is so, so sad about that poor man. Things like that shouldn't happen this day and age! Our hospital's inpatient census for covid is going down! Yea! When it first hit evrywhere else, our Covid ICU was empty, so it was converted back to normal ICU. Then a few weeks ago it got smacked with cases. They had to reopen it and also use regular rooms which were changed to covid. They were short of nurses and asking the clinic nurses to help. I am retired on disability so I can't help, but wish I could. Hope things go better for you now:) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

So did the guy at the restaurant fall off the stool? Honestly, that would have cracked me up if I'd seen it.

On the edge of my seat waiting for more!:earsboy:

Oh boy! Your story reminds me of when DH and I were headed to Cancun. When I got to the airport and handed my Passport to airline counter employee, she pointed out that it was EXPIRED. What idiot heads to the airport not knowing that her Passport is expired? That would be me! The airline employee pointed me toward a woman sitting in the lobby. I showed her my Passport and DL. She filled out some "affidavit" and off we went on vacation with no problems. But I worried the WHOLE trip that I would be in Mexico for the rest of my life. I got back home.

YIKES!!!! I would be so scared! My new DL arrived a few days ago!

There used to be free shuttle buses between the Disney Springs Hotels and the theme parks. (I used these during a Best Western stay a few years ago.) Were those still running?

There was a bus from The "B" Resort. You needed to make a reservation the night before and they would give you a boarding pass for the bus. We didn't use their transportation because they had one bus going to the park in the morning (and I definitely wanted to get to each park sooner than their bus was scheduled for.) We also didn't use the bus back from the park because I really liked being able to leave when I wanted to rather than being tied to their schedule. But, if you want to avoid the charges of ubers, it is absolutely doable.
I’m on board ! Cant wait till our next trip in March Ineed to get you Disney fix thru you. I am also an RN.

Maybe Ratatouille will be open by then!

That is so, so sad about that poor man. Things like that shouldn't happen this day and age! Our hospital's inpatient census for covid is going down! Yea! When it first hit evrywhere else, our Covid ICU was empty, so it was converted back to normal ICU. Then a few weeks ago it got smacked with cases. They had to reopen it and also use regular rooms which were changed to covid. They were short of nurses and asking the clinic nurses to help. I am retired on disability so I can't help, but wish I could. Hope things go better for you now:) Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Thank you. Some of the stories coming out of the hospitals with Covid are almost unbelievable. Here's a funny story for you.Last I went back to school after my kids were pretty much grown. So I've only been an RN for three years. Anyway, a few weeks ago, we ran out of IV pumps. We had to calculate drop factors!!! Oh the horror! True 3rd world nursing! Lol!

So did the guy at the restaurant fall off the stool? Honestly, that would have cracked me up if I'd seen it.

I'm not sure. I saw them approaching the table and then when he started his temper tantrum. But I didn't see the true cause. Poor Lauren was just staring at this dude. I was like, "Lauren, pay attention to your dinner!" I used to work in the psychiatric hospital. I was having flashbacks of this becoming a big altercation! Lol.

Waiting for more....
:surfweb:

I know! I can't believe how busy I have been. Last week the only day I had off was Christmas Eve. One of our dogs has had to go to doggy boot camp because he wants to chew everything and destroy stuff. We dropped him off Sunday for two weeks. But, it is PRICEY! Like, I could take another trip to Disney World pricey! So, I've had to pick up lots of extra shifts to pay for it. But, I'm going to try to stay up late tonight and get our whole first day put up! But first, dinner. BRB.

546764We now return to regular programming....
Thursday 12/3 Happy birthday to me!!!!
What could make your 45th birthday more magical than celebrating in Disney World? Getting a Boarding Group for RoTR of course! My alarm went off at 6:40 am. We completed the speed test on both of our phones. We both tried to find where to join the virtual queue on our laptops, but were failures. So instead I used my laptop to Time.gov. My laptop was actually 2.2 seconds slower than the actual time. So take note of this. Use Time.gov when checking in for a boarding group. Literally those 2 seconds, plus a slow connection could be the difference in getting a BG and not! We opened the app on our phones at 6:59:00 Clicked join queue at 6:59:59. Lauren got in and got Boarding Group 6!!!

We got up and got ready for the day.

I also took a few pictures of the view from our room during the daylight.

You can see Disney Springs in that last one. I ordered an uber for 8:30. I took more pictures in the lobby while we were waiting.

Aren't those polar bears adorable?

This is their water feature for the lobby. This picture doesn't show the water cascading down over that wall very well.

Our uber arrived.
Where it all went wrong: Our uber driver only spoke Spanish (which would have been fine if I also spoke Spanish! Note to self.) Then, i chose Boardwalk Bakery as our drop off point. Well, that takes you to the service entrance for Boardwalk Bakery. I had a hard time making the driver understand that I made a mistake and just needed to be dropped off at the main entrance. Bless his heart! He tried so hard to drop me off EXACTLY where I had originally asked to be dropped off! Definitely got a 30% tip for trying. (and for having to deal with my dumb self!) He finally just let us out at the service entrance and we walked aroundt o the main entrance (which you could see from the service entrance and there was a sidewalk, so it was no big deal.) But now, I didn't know how to get to Boardwalk Bakery. The kind CM at the concierge out front pointed us in the right direction.

We picked up our food from Boardwalk Bakery at 8:50. (I had placed the mobile order once we got in the uber and then when we actually arrived at Boardwalk clicked the "I'm here" button. Now we began our walk to DHS.

Where it all went wrong: I just thought I knew where I was going! We actually walked to the IG entrance of Epcot. So we turned around and walked back to Boardwalk. I went back to that same CM and he pointed us to the walkway to DHS. Unfortunately, I STILL managed to make a few wrong turns. Needless, to say, the advice to get dropped and Boardwalk and walk into DHS in order to be the FIRST to arrive, only works, IF YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We finally arrived at 9:20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter