*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Just wanted to put in here that we have only Apple devices, and they can cast Disney+, etc., to smart TVs without a Chromecast device or Roku stick. Hopefully that’s what the GF will have - TVs that can accept online content like D+, Hulu, etc. via multiple sharing technologies. The basic requirement should be that the guest have one of the several various devices that can receive the online content (D+) and cast or share it to the TV in the guest’s room, not that they have a specific brand e.g. Chromecast.
That would be awesome as we have Apple mobile devices. No need for external equipment like a Roku or Chromcast.

I'm tech-challenged, but the following suggests to me that the Disney interactive tvs require the Chromecast app on your device:

All you have to do is click on “Connect My Device” on the television’s welcome screen. From there you will see the screen above giving you two options to connect your device. Both the link and the QR code will take you to a web page where you will enter in the unique 9 digit code listed. After that, you’ll just need to open a Chromecast enabled app and click the box icon to start your viewing. [Bold added]

Or, does that mean the streaming service app you want to cast to the tv must be Chromecast compatible?

Exterior Paneling Removed Amidst Construction on The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

97550EE7-EA2D-4DBE-B241-DF7884143717.jpeg

Just saw this over on the Purchasing Board...

There’s only one site posting that information right now about the rooms. This site that posted this information was once blocked here on The Dis, but does not appear to be anymore (as there are links posted on several threads) so I’ll link it. I’m not sure if they are in fact permitted or just a glitch, but If @Sandisw wants me to remove them, I’ll do so.

All of Grand Floridian Resort to Receive New Rooms Matching Disney Vacation Club Wing, DVC Rooms Won’t Be Different from Standard

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Lobby to Receive Major Remodel to ‘Modernize’ Hotel

*Also wanted to add, I posted this not too long ago from another site… HERE. They have now followed up with another Permit post…

Disney Files Another Major Permit For Grand Floridian, Changes Likely Imminent

Now, a second Grand Floridian construction permit indicates that changes to the turn-of-the-century-style Resort are likely imminent.

Last edited:
There’s only one site posting that information right now about the rooms. This site that posted this information was once blocked here on The Dis, but does not appear to be anymore (as there are links posted on several threads) so I’ll link it. I’m not sure if they are in fact permitted or just a glitch, but If @Sandisw wants me to remove them, I’ll do so.

All of Grand Floridian Resort to Receive New Rooms Matching Disney Vacation Club Wing, DVC Rooms Won’t Be Different from Standard

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Lobby to Receive Major Remodel to ‘Modernize’ Hotel

Also wanted to add, I posted this not too long ago from another site… HERE. They have now followed up with another Permit post…

Also wanted to add, I posted this not too long ago from another site… HERE. They have now followed up with another Permit post…

Now, a second Grand Floridian construction permit indicates that changes to the turn-of-the-century-style Resort are likely imminent.

I found this line in one of the articles concerning... " It is not expected that a performance space for live music will return."

I noticed that as well. It’s a shame, if true, because the orchestra brought such life to the lobby. 🥺

Hardly surprising but disappointing.

Since international workers are returning, I had hope. Dashed again, probably by He Who Shall Not Be Named.

I FINALLY heard back about the SSR contract and it has been taken. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who's been happy to have a contract ROFR'd. But, I've now made a down payment on 150 pts at VGF and I'll sign the documents tomorrow or Friday.

Congratulations on finding yourself in the truly unusual position of having ROFR result in a win-win outcome! Perhaps consider running out now and buying a lottery ticket! Gaining VGF's booking priority while still having unrestricted/decent SAP for all future resorts makes total sense given current incentives. Congrats and Welcome Home!

Hello all,
Am going to be staying at the GFV for a couple of days in July before the WISH maiden voyage. Currently have a 2 bedroom standard booked with 2 bedroom lake view waitlisted. Am traveling with daughter and 2 year old granddaughter. Could anyone please give suggestions on a good standard room number and also lake view in case my waitlist comes through. Thanks so much!! Can't wait to stay here!

*Also wanted to add, I posted this not too long ago from another site… HERE. They have now followed up with another Permit post…

As long they link, then it’s all good. Sites do indeed get added to the board filter but they can also be removed and become sites that are allowed.

Its why people can do just what you did,

As long they link, then it’s all good. Sites do indeed get added to the board filter but they can also be removed and become sites that are allowed.

Its why people can do just what you did,

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I noticed they were now unblocked, but wasn’t sure if it was a glitch, as that site was blocked for quite a bit. Wanted to confirm before I continued posting from them. Thanks again.

facebook twitter