• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I would have called Housekeeping and politely requested a regular coffee pot. K-cups just won't do for us!

Likewise. We both think K-cups taste stale. Just not that vibrant flavor of fresh-brewed.

I'm baffled as to why proclaimed eco-conscious Disney would start providing Keurigs. Those little cups are so wasteful.

Currently have a resort studio lagoon view booked for 3 nights the last week of November, deluxe studio is now also available, any thoughts on stick with the resort studio or get the deluxe studio?

Last edited:
Currently have a resort studio lagoon view booked for 3 nights the last week of November, deluxe studio is now also available, any thoughts on stick with the resort studio or get the deluxe studio?
I like the deluxe studio so that the queen murphy bed can be put away during the day to give more space in the room.

A deluxe may have been available then but more than likely snapped up soon after you saw it.

If your family will be eating meals in the room, continuing to look for a deluxe is advisable. There’s skimpy counter space in the resort studio and only the bathroom sinks for washing fruit, etc.

The deluxe has a kitchenette with a squarish sink and gooseneck faucet, making kitchen cleanup much simpler. Also has a true mini-fridge instead of a “beverage cooler.”

The resort studio has two queen beds and actually more floor space than the deluxe.

No harm in keeping the resort studio. You may find it does what you need. The building is somewhat closer to GF restaurants than the original one is.

Should also throw out, we have 3 kids and 1 infant. Yep going to be crazy our first trip with an infant ha.

In which case, you may find the resort studio more spacious.

The deluxe can feel cramped with the pulldown twin bed below the tv in use. Add a pac-n-play for the baby and you may feel like sardines sleeping. 😁

Handicap Accessible alert 1+ bedrooms

This likely isn’t an issue in the non-HA rooms, because I think the upper cupboards are hung slightly lower in the HA rooms.

DH wanted a glass of water upon entering our 1br and discovered that you must move the coffeemaker/Keurig duo aside to open the cupboard door where glasses are.

The Keurig half has a digital clock at the top that is about 3/4 inch higher than the coffee pot side. Exactly high enough that it prevents opening the cupboard above without moving the whole machine aside.

There are only a couple places on the countertop you could move it, leave it, and solve that problem, for one in front of the under-cupboard wineglass rack. The only thing in the cupboard above that was the ice bucket, with an outlet centered below the cupboard. The other might be to the left of the stove. That small counter section has an outlet near.

Those are the only places I could see to set that machine where you wouldn’t have to move it aside repeatedly to open the cupboards where glasses or dishes are stored.

Correct me if I’m mistaken, someone please. ETA: Corrected self, because I WAS wrong.

Last edited:
Hi all, currently planning a trip for next year and am planning a resort studio stay at VGF, as it suits our party perfectly.

I had just seen, via this thread, that there are the ‘standard plus’ rooms. Could someone kindly let me know;

- how does one go about booking these specifically? Or is it just s request?
- does anyone know how many of these there are in BPK?
- are all the standard plus rooms a particular view category?

If we end up in ‘just’a regular resort studio then that will be more than satisfactory but those plus size rooms look incredible!

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Hi all, currently planning a trip for next year and am planning a resort studio stay at VGF, as it suits our party perfectly.

I had just seen, via this thread, that there are the ‘standard plus’ rooms. Could someone kindly let me know;

- how does one go about booking these specifically? Or is it just s request?
- does anyone know how many of these there are in BPK?
- are all the standard plus rooms a particular view category?

If we end up in ‘just’a regular resort studio then that will be more than satisfactory but those plus size rooms look incredible!

Thanks in advance.

Jim
The "turret rooms" are standard view resort studios and they are just a request. We were fortunate enough to have this request honored last year and the extra space is amazing! There are only 4 of these rooms (1 on each floor, 2nd through 5th floors) so the odds of getting the request are probably pretty low, but I think it helped in our case that we were only there for 1 night. Also they do not have a connecting door into another studio, so I think this helped make the room quieter. We have a 2 night stay coming up later this year and I'm going to request a turret room again - but since it's a shorter stay I'm also fine with whatever we end up with. Good luck!

Thanks, super informative. I assumed it was just a request one could make (which I will) but I will neither a. get my hopes up or b. be disappointed with a standard resort studio.

It is great to know these are standard view however as this is fine for us and i didn't want to splurge on a better view for the chance of getting the turret room request granted, but this works out just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter