*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I know! This summer went way too fast! I mean, I wanted it to hurry up so we can get to our WDW vacation but then again we love the summer months! We arrive 3 days after you and hitting HS after our Chef Mickey's brunch.

I can’t believe how fast it went! It feels like just last week it was May and we were on here saying “I don’t want to wish my summer away but hurry up September!”

Well, look what we went and did...we wished our whole dang summer away! lol

Last night, I had my first dream about things going wrong on our trip. I don't remember the details, but it was the usual - things beyond our control keeping us from doing anything in the parks. I always have dreams like this before Disney. I guess it proves that I'm getting close!

Last night, I had my first dream about things going wrong on our trip. I don't remember the details, but it was the usual - things beyond our control keeping us from doing anything in the parks. I always have dreams like this before Disney. I guess it proves that I'm getting close!

Or sometimes you forgot something. Can't tell you how many times I felt a nagging tap to check my desk one more time only to see my sunglasses or phone.

Not often but when it happens, I pay attention now.

My MagicBand apparently shipped this morning-- USPS doesn't have a delivery date estimated yet (they still haven't received it), but I'd expect probably Wednesday or so since it's coming from Florida. USPS is pretty good with packages here-- unless it's actually signature required, they'll generally leave anything on the porch (or stuff it in my mailbox).

Well, apparently I jinxed myself saying that... while my MagicBand's still in Florida (so hopefully they have time to figure things out), apparently my mail carrier's forgotten where my house is, because I had an exception on an Amazon package I was expecting today claiming that "my address was invalid" (never mind that it's the same one I've been shipping Amazon packages to for the last three years, and that the rest of my mail for the day somehow managed to find its way into my mailbox).

Hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing; I've got a bunch of stuff coming over the next couple weeks that all shipped USPS.

Had some anxiety kick in today about my kid missing school, my cat sitter forgetting how to work the alarm, traffic jams on the way to the airport, etc etc

I really do need this vacation I swear! Lol

Generalized worry about severe weather, military action (DD and her DH are active duty) and an irrational fear of falling/breaking a bone before we leave.

Generalized worry about severe weather, military action (DD and her DH are active duty) and an irrational fear of falling/breaking a bone before we leave.
Yep and yep. Last year we were there before, during and after Irma. Also 3 days before we left I broke my 4th toe. It was a painful trip but still so worth it.

We love it so much we chose it again this time even though it didn’t qualify for free dining (though it is included in the offer next year I believe). We won’t be back for a few years and there was nowhere else in this price range we loved as much! Going to check out the tandem surrey bikes this time, devoting more time to the pool & water slide this trip too (DD’s request). They also have movies under the stars, campfire on de bayou, & s’mores! We haven’t tried any of those amenities yet. So much to do! Riverside is a bit more spread out while FQ is more compact. Both are lovely.

Sounds like you guys will have a wonderful trip! It does sound amazing for the price!

Yep and yep. Last year we were there before, during and after Irma. Also 3 days before we left I broke my 4th toe. It was a painful trip but still so worth it.
Ugh!
I maintain the three worse pains are
Kidney
Tooth
Toe

I have broken two bones over my lifetime . Tailbone and toe - 35 & 30 years ago. Odds are against it but still worried. Super careful walking the jetty rocks this weekend.

Always amazed by what the body will tolerate at WDW. Have

I dreamt I forgot one of our suitcases ... and the stroller! This is like when you start having dreams about delivery right before the birth of a baby. :rotfl2:

Well, apparently I jinxed myself saying that... while my MagicBand's still in Florida (so hopefully they have time to figure things out), apparently my mail carrier's forgotten where my house is, because I had an exception on an Amazon package I was expecting today claiming that "my address was invalid" (never mind that it's the same one I've been shipping Amazon packages to for the last three years, and that the rest of my mail for the day somehow managed to find its way into my mailbox).

Hopefully this doesn't become a regular thing; I've got a bunch of stuff coming over the next couple weeks that all shipped USPS.

Sounds like my mail carrier, most of the time they're all good and my packages come where and when they're supposed to. Then occasionally they seem to go walkabout, or the carrier just doesn't want to drive up the driveway and get out of the truck to leave it at the door, so they pretend it's undeliverable. Luckily we live in a small town, and a couple of calls to the Post Office when this happens has straightened the problem out. I work the same hours that the Post Office is open, I can't drive there to pick up packages that they're perfectly capable of leaving at my residence. One of my pet peeves. :)

If we can clear up some snags, we will be going on 9/17 to 9/22.:flower1:
Is anyone bringing a baby along? Anyone with experience bringing a 10 month old? I don't know if she can go on rides, etc. I can't believe it's August. I definitely wished my summer away. Oops.

If we can clear up some snags, we will be going on 9/17 to 9/22.:flower1:
Is anyone bringing a baby along? Anyone with experience bringing a 10 month old? I don't know if she can go on rides, etc. I can't believe it's August. I definitely wished my summer away. Oops.

Our son was nine months old for his first trip. It is a lot of fun, and they can tell it is a fun place. We appreciated the baby care centers at each park, and the fact they are nicely air conditioned. Also make sure you have a nice stroller with a good rain cover. We like our baby jogger City Mini since it folds so easily. The babies can do some rides where there isn’t a height requirement, and on the others you can use baby swap so that you only have to wait in line once and whoever waits with the baby can then hop on the ride after everyone else does it. Just wondering around and shopping is great, especially while the baby sleeps. Happy planning and have a great trip.

Speaking of mail delivery. I moved back in mid-April and filled out a forwarding mail request from the post office. It said on their website that it had been processed but I haven't received one piece of forwarded mail..... until yesterday! My DME ticket for getting back to the airport at the end of my trip. Turns out David's DVC rentals still has my old address and I didn't think about that when I requested DME a couple of weeks ago. Phew, glad that at least that one piece of mail ended up being forwarded! -I already got my DME ticket for getting to my hotel since I booked an additional night at All Star Movies through Disney's website for my late night arrival on the 1st.

Last edited:
Super late to this party, but we just started planning an unexpected September trip! DH will be in Orlando 9/23-October 1 for a conference and I get to tag along. I'll be joining him 9/27- 10/1 with our 2 yo. We don't have any real plans yet except to upgrade our tickets from our August trip to an AP, pray that one of our waitlist choices comes through (we have a few DVC points left from our August trip and we'd like to use them for the weekend portion of this trip). Excited to be joining all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter