*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

What "special" things is everyone doing on their September trips? Debating the Frozen Ever After Dessert party or something similar. No interest in any of the F&W events beyond sampling the booths. I like to have one "extra" thing per trip, but haven't landed on anything for this trip!

What "special" things is everyone doing on their September trips? Debating the Frozen Ever After Dessert party or something similar. No interest in any of the F&W events beyond sampling the booths. I like to have one "extra" thing per trip, but haven't landed on anything for this trip!

I am doing way too many extras. Three tours (Sense of Africa, Wild Africa Trek, and Aqua Seas), three Halloween parties, two dessert parties (Hallowishes and HEA), and Early Morning Magic. I am going to need a vacation to recover from this one lol

Several years ago, I was able to have a football signed in person by Herschel Walker for my husband, who has been a Cowboys fan his entire life. Grew up an Army brat watching them on the Armed Forces Channel all over the world. We have so much Dallas stuff, it's crazy. Gave him a paver at the stadium for our 10th anniversary. I haven't been a fan my whole life, but I knew who you were talking about when you referenced #34!

Wow - cool. I will forver light up with joy remembering that run. I was in love with Danny White. Really, I loved them all: Too Tall, Randy White, Tony Dorsett, Deion, Drew Pearson, Novacek, Everson Walls, Michael IRVIN! Read them to your DH.

Emmitt!!! We going to Disneyland, too!

Our Magic Bands were supposed to arrive yesterday according to tracking.
Unfortunately they’ve been stuck in Ybor City, FL since the 9th with no further scans.
My shipping confirmation from Disney says delivery from the 13-15. So I’m waiting one more day to contact Disney.
Normally I wouldn’t be too upset and would use our old bands except for the fact that these are the first 2.0 bands we’d get AND this is a surprise trip and we were using the bands as a reveal!
I really hope they make it here and if not that Disney can reorder them!

Ours were 'stuck' in Florida for a weird time period and then they 'flew' here - probably on a plane ;-)

Last itme I checked a few weeks ago, there was still a fabulous Groupon for Manadara spa at the Dolphon.

We are doing MNSSHP and Early Morning Magic. I may book the Wonderland Tea Party as a surprise for my girls because I keep hearing wonderful things!

Last minute trip!! (we went in June and have a planned trip in November). I normally have everything planned out and have all our FP's and dining done but we just decided this month to go. ADR's were pretty easy to get, but no luck yet on FP's for a couple of rides. We've never done a last minute trip like this before so I'm kinda stressing, lol. Hubby says it will be fine and it will be nice to go without a schedule. I think he's nuts! Wish me luck. Going 9/01-9/06
We've done trips last minute and they end up being great! Yes, we've sometimes not been able to get the exact FP's we want and have to just ride SB at RD or get them day of, but that's it. And since you were just there and will be there again in Nov, it's the perfect time to try a not planned in advance trip :thumbsup2
Now having said that I'll admit my planning for our personal trips has slipped somewhat lately. I just recently kinda finalized our Sept plans, have very little finalized for our Thanksgiving trip and will probably work on booking our April DL trip before looking at Nov again :rolleyes1 So.....it's coming from someone who isn't always organized lol

Our Sept trip is quick so we just have MNSSHP and hopefully after talking about it on other trips, a night at Jellyrolls. Have you considered a tour? Or MNSSHP? I think it's the absolute best "extra" you can do :maleficen:hmghost:

Speaking of MNSSHP, we're going on 9/16 and now I'm considering going the 14th, too :scratchin We've done the party 4x before but not since 2014 so there have been some changes and I want to get everything in because it's my favorite event (minus Club Villain RIP). Not sure if I'll get the 9/14 tickets ahead of time or wing it and decide spur of the moment once down there. How many of you are doing two or more parties this year, or have done multiple parties in past years?

Speaking of MNSSHP, we're going on 9/16 and now I'm considering going the 14th, too :scratchin We've done the party 4x before but not since 2014 so there have been some changes and I want to get everything in because it's my favorite event (minus Club Villain RIP). Not sure if I'll get the 9/14 tickets ahead of time or wing it and decide spur of the moment once down there. How many of you are doing two or more parties this year, or have done multiple parties in past years?

I do multiple parties every year! I like to experience everything the parties have to offer at a leisurely pace, and only doing one makes that pretty hard to do. And I just love the Boo to You Parade and want to see it as much as possible!

I do multiple parties every year! I like to experience everything the parties have to offer at a leisurely pace, and only doing one makes that pretty hard to do. And I just love the Boo to You Parade and want to see it as much as possible!
Yes you are why I wrote "two or more" parties because I'd read that you were doing three lol! We were always able to do all we wanted with one per year, but we also went 4 years in a row with pretty much no changes. I think there's a good chance I'll be adding the 14th ;) Still leaves us a night for Jellyrolls and at least one night to roam around WS which DH needs!

We are doing MNSSHP, Hoop Dee Doo (I know, not really special but we haven't done it before), 5 VIP viewings at all 4 parks including a VIP seat for Fantasmic which we have never seen. Girls are doing Pixar Play Place and the one thing we (Me and the wife) have never done is a date night so we're going to California Grill while the girls are at Pixar.

Yes you are why I wrote "two or more" parties because I'd read that you were doing three lol! We were always able to do all we wanted with one per year, but we also went 4 years in a row with pretty much no changes. I think there's a good chance I'll be adding the 14th ;) Still leaves us a night for Jellyrolls and at least one night to roam around WS which DH needs!

I think you will be glad you added the 14th :) And roaming around WS is great, so I understand his need to do that!

I have yet to experience Jellyrolls, but I hear it is a blast and I can’t wait to see it someday!

We did 2 parties last year and for us, 1 is enough. There is just too much to do at night besides MK and we love Disney Springs at night. We also booked Pixar Play Place on a party night so we really won't miss much and the girls will have a great time!

We are doing MNSSHP, Hoop Dee Doo (I know, not really special but we haven't done it before), 5 VIP viewings at all 4 parks including a VIP seat for Fantasmic which we have never seen. Girls are doing Pixar Play Place and the one thing we (Me and the wife) have never done is a date night so we're going to California Grill while the girls are at Pixar.
Everything sounds wonderful :goodvibes Just wanted to say we LOVE HDDR!! I think it's special and I hope you all enjoy it!

We did 2 parties last year and for us, 1 is enough. There is just too much to do at night besides MK and we love Disney Springs at night. We also booked Pixar Play Place on a party night so we really won't miss much and the girls will have a great time!
I've had some clients send their kids to Pixar Place and the kids don't want to leave :thumbsup2
I hear you on so much else to do at night and I agree! It's my 4th and DH's 3rd visit this year and we have another coming up in Nov. otherwise I wouldn't consider 2 nights of the party. I also wouldn't do it twice if the kids were coming this time because once would be enough for them, but they'll be here in NY :cool1:

I've had some clients send their kids to Pixar Place and the kids don't want to leave :thumbsup2
I hear you on so much else to do at night and I agree! It's my 4th and DH's 3rd visit this year and we have another coming up in Nov. otherwise I wouldn't consider 2 nights of the party. I also wouldn't do it twice if the kids were coming this time because once would be enough for them, but they'll be here in NY :cool1:
wow! 4 visits in a year? I just cant lol. I mean I do Love WDW and Mickey is my favorite (got the tattoo to prove it) but I got really burned out on it as a kid and like to keep it a once a year vacation to keep it "Special". But .... I am so tempted to upgrade our 10 day tickets to an annual pass this year. It's so tempting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter