The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Now I have two things I am stalking. Is this just life as a DVC member? :confused3:rotfl:

Until you get your final result. We moved some things around and went from a BWV/RIV to just a RIV stay. Took a couple months but have our 2BR Dedicated Standard View for our 10 nights as of earlier this month.

The worst is when you have 1 night in the middle of your stay but stay in there and hopefully it will come through for you.

Is this just life as a DVC member? :confused3:rotfl:

I think so! Ever since we bought (July 13th), I'm stalking the site to see if I can get 2 nights in December (highly unlikely). I also look on there periodically to just browse. As a new DVC member, I am interested in seeing how availability is at the 7-month mark during the times we usually travel (Sept-May).

My stalking did help me pick up the day in May I was waitlisted for in SV Deluxe Studio!

Had our first stay at Riviera! Room 8669 Standard View Studio. We have stayed at CCV, BCV, BLT and RIV. This was our second vacation being a DVC member, we did a RIV and BLT split stay. 6 nights in a standard view RIV deluxe studio and 9 nights in a BLT standard view studio. We own at CCV and RIV. We loved the Room at Riviera. The cast members there are all very very nice. That was our favorite part of staying here. The resort is beautiful and smells amazing. We were in the east wing area. Parking is super easy. We loved the double showers in the room. Some cons but non were deal breakers were the AC never seemed to get very cold. Out BLT room let us set it all the way down to 65 and the room was consistently cold. The software on the TV's at riviera while nice seems extremely slow. Our big con that could be a deal breaker deciding over other resorts though is the skyliner. We were huge skyliner fans before staying here but the problem we ran into was it being closed because of dark clouds or lightning. While I understand this it just doesn't seem as reliable as the monorails were at BLT. The monorail doesn't seem to shut down due to lightning at all. And we also didn't like that there is nothing in the app to be able to tell if they are running so you could walk all the way to the skyliner at the international gateway and have it be down and then have to walk all the way to the buses at the beach club. Which was just a irk we had with it. We loved the freestyle drink machines at Riviera but I think Primo Piatto and Bar Riva both closing at 10pm is inconvenient. When you get back from the parks and its after 10 and the drink stations are closed. Pop and the Values seemed like they were opened later at least till 11pm. I just think it would be nice to have one location open for drinks and food for at least an hour after the latest park closes would be nice. The elevators seemed very fast at Riviera. We love the size of the location. I do think it is missing something, maybe a larger gift shop or a basin type shop like GF has or maybe 1 more theming aspect maybe some gondolas in the water by the edge there.

I will say the pool staff was wonderful. I've never seen such attentive life guards before. Constantly moving and checking. Just the whole entire staff here was wonderful.

We went to Topolinos for breakfast and it was the best character meal we've had so far. Filet Mignon was excellent for $42 plus characters :) We were very happy with this meal and it is a must do! We also went back to Topolinos for our Anniversary later in the trip! We shared the Ricotta app and we loved it! I got the rigatoni and my wife got the Filet and loved it! We shared the chocolate caramel lava cake and it was just the perfect anniversary meal! We planned on taking the skyliner over to the Boardwalk area but it wasn't running do to inclement weather. The Balcony lounge was also closed sadly but thankfully we were able to go out there after our character breakfast.

1 Thing I was confused by was why we did not receive house keeping on our 4th night of 6. No clean sheets or bed linens changed like we had at BLT. They did get our trash everyday but I thought on the 4th night the bed linens were supposed to be changed. They weren't. Other than that we loved our first stay at Riviera as owners there :) Our standard view had a pretty good view of the fireworks from Epcot! Photos below!

IMG_0918.jpgIMG_0912.jpgIMG_0915.jpgIMG_0910.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0891.jpgIMG_0892.jpgIMG_0894.jpgIMG_0890.jpg

Got home yesterday from our latest trip and wanted to share an experience.

We used the Skyliner to visit BW as we had never seen those units. We walked back to the IG and were told it was down for technical difficulties. CM said head back to BW and buses would pick up for the Skyliner resorts. So we made our third trip down the surface of the sun(boardwalk) to wait for a bus. We asked the CMs at BW and none of them had any info when buses might arrive. Drivers to other locations also were not aware if any had been dispatched. After waiting 40 minutes we called for a Lyft because at a certain point you have to take responsibility for yourself.

When we arrived at RIV I used the resort email and let them know the situation, specifically that no one at BW is tasked with directing guests and being there to assure you that transport is coming. The GM on duty called me within 5 minutes of that email. Very apologetic at the situation and had already issued a credit to our account that more than covered the Lyft. He was very appreciative of the feedback and sounded sincere that it was a good idea and one that would be passed on to have BW actively participate in these situations. I was quite satisfied that the feedback system works and the credit was just a bonus we were not expecting or fishing for.
We encountered the same with the skyliner. I think they need something in the app to tell you its down. Which in the summer seems to be often with thunderstorms. We love the skyliner but I think they need a little polish in the protocols and more signs so guests know exactly what to do. I also wish they covered the walkway from RIV to the skyliner onto the epcot side also and not just HS. We left feedback on the email they left us also about not liking that the drink stations and Primo Piatto and Bar Riva closed at 10pm and they called us 10 minutes later but we were already in bed that if we wanted to come down to the lobby now or in the morning they would give us some complimentary beverages at the front desk for the inconvenience. After doing some research it seems most Deluxe hotels food places close at 10pm which I'm not fond of and think it should be at least an hour after the latest park closes. A lot of people are hungry and thirst for a snack when getting back to the parks or want to fill there mugs.

After doing some research it seems most Deluxe hotels food places close at 10pm which I'm not fond of and think it should be at least an hour after the latest park closes.

These places really should be 24x7 honestly for basic drink and food options. They only need 2 CMs to cover the 10pm to 6am (when it should open) time period.

Additionally they could simply just have drink stations that are not locked down and your cup or magic band still activates the machine.

1 Thing I was confused by was why we did not receive house keeping on our 4th night of 6. No clean sheets or bed linens changed like we had at BLT. They did get our trash everyday but I thought on the 4th night the bed linens were supposed to be changed. They weren't. Other than that we loved our first stay at Riviera as owners there :) Our standard view had a pretty good view of the fireworks from Epcot! Photos below!

Full house keeping is only done when you stay for 8 nights or longer. Anything shorter only gets you trash and new towels for any DVC resort. I love all the pictures you’ve posted.

Full house keeping is only done when you stay for 8 nights or longer. Anything shorter only gets you trash and new towels for any DVC resort. I love all the pictures you’ve posted.
Ahh okay that makes sense. :) Thanks for explaining that!

We had a one bedroom in the same area. I think we could also see the MK fireworks, but that was back in January 2020 so I could be remembering wrong. That food looks so awesome.
I have to say that our first stay there were no issues with the skyliner (January 2020). No weather to deal with and no social distancing. Our last stay December 2020 was very different. Only family units allowed together in the gondolas and a lack of empty gondolas in the morning to go to Epcot. That fault lies with who ever is loading them at the big transfer station. They need to send a few empties, as nobody is getting off at Riviera....95% are staying on for Epcot.
Totally agree that the gift shop is too small.
Have they added a community hall yet? We were very surprised at the lack of one....there is a big empty room beneath the lobby. Maybe some day.
I’m glad you let them know about things that need some changes. If nobody mentions it, they don’t know.
Thanks for the honest review. We own there also, along with BWV and BLT. It is such a beautiful place. I love BWV for its own special things and BLT for the fantastic one bedrooms and short walk to MK.

We had a one bedroom in the same area. I think we could also see the MK fireworks, but that was back in January 2020 so I could be remembering wrong. That food looks so awesome.
I have to say that our first stay there were no issues with the skyliner (January 2020). No weather to deal with and no social distancing. Our last stay December 2020 was very different. Only family units allowed together in the gondolas and a lack of empty gondolas in the morning to go to Epcot. That fault lies with who ever is loading them at the big transfer station. They need to send a few empties, as nobody is getting off at Riviera....95% are staying on for Epcot.
Totally agree that the gift shop is too small.
Have they added a community hall yet? We were very surprised at the lack of one....there is a big empty room beneath the lobby. Maybe some day.
I’m glad you let them know about things that need some changes. If nobody mentions it, they don’t know.
Thanks for the honest review. We own there also, along with BWV and BLT. It is such a beautiful place. I love BWV for its own special things and BLT for the fantastic one bedrooms and short walk to MK.
You know I think they do have a small community hall room where u mentioned. It was pretty busy when we'd walk by on the way from the stairs from the lobby to primo piatto. I think thats where it was. We also like BWV a lot too and just the whole crescent lake area in general.

We're staying in a 2-bedroom preferred next month paid with cash direct through Disney. The only room request we have is that it be on floor 6-8 but the only online check-in options I have are near elevator, near lobby, near skyliner. I feel like my chances of getting a room we want is by leaving the room request option blank.

I saw that Riviera had a fax number. Would it be worthwhile to try and fax a room request to them? Would it actually get to a room assigner?

We're staying in a 2-bedroom preferred next month paid with cash direct through Disney. The only room request we have is that it be on floor 6-8 but the only online check-in options I have are near elevator, near lobby, near skyliner. I feel like my chances of getting a room we want is by leaving the room request option blank.

I saw that Riviera had a fax number. Would it be worthwhile to try and fax a room request to them? Would it actually get to a room assigner?

I would call Disney and ask to have your request added or go through Touringplans.

this used to work awesome with Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. We used to get everything we asked for via fax even just a few years ago we were at Riverside and asked if they had a princess room for 1 night if it was possible to stay there and they gave us that room for 1 night. So worth a shot!

A couple quick questions ...

Can you still ask for a blender?
Can you borrow a luggage cart to take stuff to your room yourself?
Is valet parking available yet at RR?
There's lotion in the rooms, right?

Sorry for the questions. We normally fly and don't have much with us, but this time we'll have a car and groceries and do more cooking than we normally do. I should have taken notes when we were there in April.

At least I kept all of our disney-themed masks. :(

Last edited:
Can you borrow a luggage cart to take stuff to your room yourself?
Is valet parking available yet at RR?

Valet is open and are quick to learn the name of guests. I think 75% of the valet staff knew me by name by the third day.

I saw many guests using the luggage carts to take items to their room themselves. I did not use going to the room since my room was not ready when I arrived. I did use one to take luggage to the car when we departed since it was early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter