The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

Changed my dates three times, hopefully third times a charm. POP or AoA, Sept. 29 - Oct. 11. Me, DH, DD4 & DD3. This will be our fourth trip, but girls first. I can't wait to see their faces. It's a surprise.

Changed my dates three times, hopefully third times a charm. POP or AoA, Sept. 29 - Oct. 11. Me, DH, DD4 & DD3. This will be our fourth trip, but girls first. I can't wait to see their faces. It's a surprise.

WELCOME!!!!!! How awesome to be a surprise.

Not much planning going on this week....too busy with getting the kids ready for school, and paying half my Disney funds for Senior year of high school. (not really, but good grief, senior year cost a TON of money)

Still no decision on where to stay for us. I just can't decided. I have been reading more about AKL & Villa's and I am a little concerned about food for me. (gluten free) I want to try something other then POP, but we have always enjoyed it and I KNOW the chef's will take care of me and there are so many gluten free options. I just don't know what to do.

I guess it's good thing we have plenty of time.

Oh, and I participated in the t-shirt exchange, and I received 2 shirts that are SUPER cute and will be awesome to wear next year - so I have 2 new Disney shirts to wear. :banana:

I think I'm there in Oct 2013 with DH and DS12 (he'll be 13 when we get there). My dates are Oct 2 - 8.

Seems like a long countdown right now.

princess::upsidedow

I think I'm there in Oct 2013 with DH and DS12 (he'll be 13 when we get there). My dates are Oct 2 - 8.

Seems like a long countdown right now.

princess::upsidedow

WELCOME!!!!

We are at 425 days - DH has the Mickey Mouse countdown on his phone.

I've got our dates down pat: October 31st through November 9th at POR. We'll be neighbors! (you have to ask yourself: do I really want the crazy chick as my neighbor? lol)

We have decided we'll probably go around oct. 24. Our youngest DD will turn 5 on the 25th so it would be fun to have her birthday in WDW. I just hope the older kids don't get upset.

I am in crazy saving/researching mode. I'm drivingmy husband crazy. I also have a few survey sites I use and all the money is going into our trip fund.

I can't wait to see POR.

You know, I just realized something......

I'm so used to going in October that I automatically subscribed and started chatting with you all, but for the majority of our trip next year, I will be in WDW during November 2013!!!! :eek:

Totally dropped the ball on that one! LOL

Anyway....I guess I'll just find a November 2013 and join that one, too! :D

We have decided we'll probably go around oct. 24. Our youngest DD will turn 5 on the 25th so it would be fun to have her birthday in WDW. I just hope the older kids don't get upset.

I am in crazy saving/researching mode. I'm drivingmy husband crazy. I also have a few survey sites I use and all the money is going into our trip fund.

I can't wait to see POR.

The older ones shouldn't get too upset. :) My older two fawn all over their little brother. Next trip, we will actually celebrate hubby's 40th and DD's 14th bdays while we're down there. My daughter will actually have her birthday about a week after we get home, but it's all good.

POR is a really great resort and is home for us. After reading the POR thread, hubby & I are considering getting an air mattress for DS11 (he'll be 12 next year).....this way he and his sister do not have to share a bed. We wouldn't be able to consider it if we were not taking the train, so: whoo-hoo!!! :)

You're picking a great time of year! Happy planning!!!

My husband just sent me an email from work, looking for a link to this site. Now he won't stop emailing me with all the useful things he has learned. Most of this stuff I told him already, but he wasn't listening!:rolleyes1

My husband just sent me an email from work, looking for a link to this site. Now he won't stop emailing me with all the useful things he has learned. Most of this stuff I told him already, but he wasn't listening!:rolleyes1

Oh, they only listen when it's they who discovered all the useful info.

Now, DH is thinking about doing the MNSSHP, but since DD & DS have never done it I said no. We can go off-site for a night and do Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. I would feel so guilty about doing the MNSSHP without the kids:worried:.

HAHAHA:lmao: MEN!!!! My DH talks about Disney everyday, but has not been on the boards yet. He sees me on them so I think he knows it can become overload.

You know, I just realized something......

I'm so used to going in October that I automatically subscribed and started chatting with you all, but for the majority of our trip next year, I will be in WDW during November 2013!!!! :eek:

Totally dropped the ball on that one! LOL

Anyway....I guess I'll just find a November 2013 and join that one, too! :D
But you have a couple of days in October right??? So you can be on both boards. :lovestruc

Oh, they only listen when it's they who discovered all the useful info.

Now, DH is thinking about doing the MNSSHP, but since DD & DS have never done it I said no. We can go off-site for a night and do Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. I would feel so guilty about doing the MNSSHP without the kids:worried:.
We have not done MNSSHP either, and we are thinking about it, but I say GO FOR IT, you don't have to tell the kids.:laughing:

Also, I have not added a couple of people yet, but I will get to it soon.

I say go to MNSSHP and have fun. Kids don't have to know.

We did not do it last time we were there and I think we will this year.

What's the weather like in Orlando at the end of October? In September it was hot. We're from Canada and sometimes we have to wear snowsuits trick or treating!

Joining! We are planning on late October 2013. Not sure of exact dates, though. We may be making a side trip before arriving at WDW. Our travel dates are October 18th thru November 2nd.

But you have a couple of days in October right??? So you can be on both boards. :lovestruc
Yup!!! Technically, we will leave Jersey on October 30th, but we're taking the AutoTrain and won't actually check in until the 31st. And, besides, I've gone October in 2007, 2009 & 2011.....it's just hard to wrap my head around the fact that we won't be in WDW during October for our entire vacation. lol

I can't believe how excited hubby is about the trip!!! :rotfl: This is a man who always rolls his eyes at me and says "again?!?" teasingly. He's transferring money to our savings account every week and we're working together on Apps so we can get points, get gift cards and then turn those gift cards into Disney gift cards and, therefore, pay our vacation down.

I love my new iPhone!!! :goodvibes

Joining... We leave sep 21 on the auto train so our first oficial Disney day is the 22nd...thu oct 4. I'm so excited we get to do MNSSHP and the f&w at Epcot. Also a night oh HHN is planned. Only 28 days to go

I'll be doing a split stay October 20 - October 28, 2013.

Contemporary/Art of Animation

Joining... We leave sep 21 on the auto train so our first oficial Disney day is the 22nd...thu oct 4. I'm so excited we get to do MNSSHP and the f&w at Epcot. Also a night oh HHN is planned. Only 28 days to go

Welcome, - and this is for 2013, I see you are going 2012 - just FYI
I'll be doing a split stay October 20 - October 28, 2013.
Contemporary/Art of Animation

Welcome!!!!! I havn't been on here much lately b\c we have been super busy ending summer and getting ready for the new school year (starting on Monday) hopefully things will slow down soon.

Also, DH started talking last night about moving our trip to June so he could do a Star Wars weekend - I am ok with going SOONER!!! I will keep you updated

Yep!!!! Planning a trip with my daughter and me for her "SENIOR" trip. Just her and me!!! I did this with my oldest son and loved every second. It allowed us to share a time with eachother before the rush of her senior year gets into full force. I am planning prob the end of October. I am very excited and love to plan this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter