The Official May 2015 Thread!!

ADRs done this morning. Had to call as well. Times would come up for restaurants, but then when they were selected it would just say not available to book at this time. I called right at 7, and was done in 5 minutes :) The only thing I am still trying for is the pirates and pals fireworks cruise. They told me may has not opened up yet, and I've called twice this morning.

I had a slight hiccup with my dining reservations, only because suddenly my resort reservation wasn't showing up on my account the morning of. Gasp! Freaked out, tried to add it again which threw an error saying it was already claimed, and finally saw it reappear magically on my account. Ended up getting every reservation I wanted, including be our guest and akershus. Whoo! Added Jiko to our plans two days later after realizing T-REX wasn't on any DDP, and deciding to get rid of our 'Ohana breakfast on our last day (a little sad, but more excited about Jiko food). Smooth sailing from here, once I figure out our fast passes and flying situation and what we need to take and... Guess there's still a lot to do. I'm okay with it!

I had a slight hiccup with my dining reservations, only because suddenly my resort reservation wasn't showing up on my account the morning of. Gasp! Freaked out, tried to add it again which threw an error saying it was already claimed, and finally saw it reappear magically on my account. Ended up getting every reservation I wanted, including be our guest and akershus. Whoo! Added Jiko to our plans two days later after realizing T-REX wasn't on any DDP, and deciding to get rid of our 'Ohana breakfast on our last day (a little sad, but more excited about Jiko food). Smooth sailing from here, once I figure out our fast passes and flying situation and what we need to take and... Guess there's still a lot to do. I'm okay with it!

Is the TREX thing new? I've eaten there several times now on the DDP, I know the DTD restaurants don't usually get added to the list until right at the end of the year or is it definitely gone?

MarkF0wle said:
Is the TREX thing new? I've eaten there several times now on the DDP, I know the DTD restaurants don't usually get added to the list until right at the end of the year or is it definitely gone?

This is according to my reservation confirmation, so I suppose it may change, but honestly we'll eat there regardless since it looks relatively inexpensive, and we'll keep our Jiko ressie to enjoy as well.

Hi everyone! We just booked a trip for April 28 - May 5!! (I posted over on the April page too, wasn't sure where I fell in at! LOL!) This will be our children's first trip to WDW! (DD4 & DS2) We are so excited! DH & I have been many times but not since our Honeymoon in Oct 2008! Talk about going through Disney withdrawal! :upsidedow This is our first time going at this time of year so I don't know anything about the crowds or weather, etc. I did some research so it seems to be a good time of year. Now I need to decide which ADRs to get! This is a bug surprise for the kids, so no one knows we booked this trip yet! LOL! April can't come soon enough!! :hourglass

Sheraton Vistana Resort. Not too far from you!
Nice ! I actually read some of your last trip report when I was thinking about water parks ... This is our first time in May /spring looking forward to warmer weather , although anything is better than home ! Lol I dunno about you but we already have snow!

freddydiser021 said:
Nice ! I actually read some of your last trip report when I was thinking about water parks ... This is our first time in May /spring looking forward to warmer weather , although anything is better than home ! Lol I dunno about you but we already have snow!

Oh my....no snow for us just yet here in south eastern ontario but I know its coming sooner than I care to admit!!! This will be our first May trip as well, so I am interested to experience spring in Orlando versus summer and winter.

We ate at T-Rex in 2013 on the dining plan and had no trouble. We plan on eating there again this trip. I hope it's still on the dining plan.

Booked dining this morning!

Was able to book the 5th online, every other date was giving an error message. Called right at 7, and was able to get everything I wanted. Kinda wish I could have made them online myself and not be on the phone for close to 47 minutes, but it is all done now. Until fastpass booking opens.

This morning I tried to book Hollywood and Vine for May 6th and they were booked full!!!! I cant believe it! We wanted breakfast or lunch!

For those that get the error message... Refresh your page right at 6am and then plug in the date and time you want for the specific reservation. Once I did that everything worked great for me.

Anyone know about any cheerleading competitions going on the beginning of May? Over on another thread people are warning me about staying at any of the value resorts due to the cheerleaders. If they will be there, is it that big of a deal? Anyone have any experience with this? TIA! :)

For those that get the error message... Refresh your page right at 6am and then plug in the date and time you want for the specific reservation. Once I did that everything worked great for me.

Something weird going on with this. At work I tried it on my Mac, error message Tried my Windows laptop, worked. At home tried it on my Mac (what I tried yesterday) at home, error. Mac laptop, worked. Tired two different Windows laptops, one works and the other doesn't.

Anyone know about any cheerleading competitions going on the beginning of May? Over on another thread people are warning me about staying at any of the value resorts due to the cheerleaders. If they will be there, is it that big of a deal? Anyone have any experience with this? TIA! :)

There is a cheerleading event in May also? What time frame?

EDIT: Unless more than one is going on, looks like May 1-3. Along with Expedition Everest Challenge on the 3rd that could be interesting people wise.

Something weird going on with this. At work I tried it on my Mac, error message Tried my Windows laptop, worked. At home tried it on my Mac (what I tried yesterday) at home, error. Mac laptop, worked. Tired two different Windows laptops, one works and the other doesn't.

If it errors out try changing the date and time. Every time I would first reach the screen it would show that but when I would select a specific time instead of the breakfast Lunch Dinner option I seemed to get a working result.

If it errors out try changing the date and time. Every time I would first reach the screen it would show that but when I would select a specific time instead of the breakfast Lunch Dinner option I seemed to get a working result.

Tried that also. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, it will just error out. If you pick a specific time it will show you times, but when you would go to click on it that is when it would error out. This is only happening with dates outside the current open dates for everyone. Yesterday I could only pick May 5th, from the 6th on it would error out. Today I can do the 5th and 6th, but from the 7th on it errors out (on certain computers).

Meh...if I do decide to change anything I will just call them again. No problem. Got what I wanted, along with great times yesterday.

There is a cheerleading event in May also? What time frame?

EDIT: Unless more than one is going on, looks like May 1-3. Along with Expedition Everest Challenge on the 3rd that could be interesting people wise.

From what I understand there is a cheerleading competition the last weekend of April & the first weekend of May. I thought the Expedition Everest Challenge was May 2nd...I could be wrong though. Hopefully crowds won't be an issue. This is our first time going this time of uear, but from what I have researched crowd levels are usually on the lower side. Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter