The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

DISDads,

Please say a prayer for my wife. She lost her job a few weeks ago and we need the extra income to save up for a trip to WDW. BTW... I love this thread!!! It's nice to see men that pray!:thumbsup2

Will do, “Dis Fan”… Hopefully she’ll find an even better job soon! There seem to be more and more prayer requests of this type these days. My neighbor just lost his job (he is a government contractor) this week, shortly before a planned WDW trip this fall. His son and my oldest are really good friends, and while he and his wife will not be going to WDW this year, we're now taking their son with us when we go on our family trip in November (I’m sure my teenage son will probably have more fun this way anyway. Plus, as they say, the more the merrier!). I wish your wife (and family) much good fortune in her job search and with your upcoming trip.

This has been quite the beverly morning. Excuse me while I break some of this news... Got a call late last night that my paternal grandmother passed away. She was just over 90, so it's not entirely unexpected... but still surprising to hear how quickly she faded. Just found out there will be no services, but still may need to make a trip to Ohio.

Then... I get to work and start telling my supervisor the news so she is in the loop. She looked like she was already on the verge of tears... so I ask what was wrong. Last night one of the girls on the soccer team, an eight year old friend of her family, was struck by a car when crossing the street to get to the field. She was airlifted with a skull fracture and is currently in ICU in stable, serious condition. She's in a medically induced coma for now. Please pray for her.

It's one of those days that reminds me life is fragile. Hug those close to you and remember that we only have so many marbles left.

Thinking of you this morning, Christopher!

This has been quite the beverly morning. Excuse me while I break some of this news... Got a call late last night that my paternal grandmother passed away. She was just over 90, so it's not entirely unexpected... but still surprising to hear how quickly she faded. Just found out there will be no services, but still may need to make a trip to Ohio.

Then... I get to work and start telling my supervisor the news so she is in the loop. She looked like she was already on the verge of tears... so I ask what was wrong. Last night one of the girls on the soccer team, an eight year old friend of her family, was struck by a car when crossing the street to get to the field. She was airlifted with a skull fracture and is currently in ICU in stable, serious condition. She's in a medically induced coma for now. Please pray for her.

It's one of those days that reminds me life is fragile. Hug those close to you and remember that we only have so many marbles left.

Thinking of you this morning, Christopher!

Prayers for you and your family and all connected with this girl - her, her family, team, ....

Just found out that some good friends just lost their child in the 35th week of pregnancy. We just held a baby shower for them last Sunday and they were SO excited to welcome their first child into the world. Today's events are heartbreaking.

Having lost a child ourselves eight years ago (but MUCH earlier in our pregnancy) I know how hard it is and how much it hurts but I can't even imagine what it would feel like at this stage in the game. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Just found out that some good friends just lost their child in the 35th week of pregnancy. We just held a baby shower for them last Sunday and they were SO excited to welcome their first child into the world. Today's events are heartbreaking.

Having lost a child ourselves eight years ago (but MUCH earlier in our pregnancy) I know how hard it is and how much it hurts but I can't even imagine what it would feel like at this stage in the game. Please keep this family in your prayers.

From a dad that's been there, prayers for that family.

From a dad that's been there, prayers for that family.

Will be praying. We have been there as well.

Calling on the power of the Disdads!!
Have an interview on Monday with a company that would make me able to provide for my family a lot better then where Im at now. Praying for some help in nailing the interview on Monday.

Have an interview on Monday with a company that would make me able to provide for my family a lot better then where Im at now. Praying for some help in nailing the interview on Monday.

Good luck Mark. Knock their socks off.

I must have missed this post. I cannot imagine losing a child of any age. Prayers for all.

Prayers for you. Think you can work that photo of you at Splash Mountain into the interview? On 2nd thought, ...

You got it Mark, talking with the Big Guy for you!

Mark, we will be praying for you.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

We will be praying for you buddy :grouphug:

We will be praying for you Mark and hoping to hear how well things went!!!!

Need your help guys.

I just found out my dad has prostate cancer.

Your prayers would be much appreciated.

A little good news...we found out last night that DD needed a red, green or white dress for her school Christmas program. Funds are tight (aren't they always) but we checked with the church thrift store and they had one that just came in. The kids earn cash for the store learning Bible verses and DD (unlike SWMBO) never spends anything so with what she had in her account...Free Dress! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter