The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Would appreciate prayers for my uncle again. He is going in on Thursday to try to have a pacemaker put in. He rejected the last one.

Would appreciate prayers for my uncle again. He is going in on Thursday to try to have a pacemaker put in. He rejected the last one.

My grandpa had a similar issue a few years ago. They finally got him straightened out... praying the same happens for your uncle.

My uncle made it through his surgery OK. Heart stopped once but they got him going again. :cool1:

DW's first day as a volunteer librarian at the kids school went well.:thumbsup2

Unfortunately, the school wants DW to be a substitute teacher as well because the principal/teacher for 6th grade found out she has a brain tumor.:scared1: Prayers for the teacher are appreciated. She is the one that really holds the school together.

My uncle made it through his surgery OK. Heart stopped once but they got him going again. :cool1:

Unfortunately, the school wants DW to be a substitute teacher as well because the principal/teacher for 6th grade found out she has a brain tumor.:scared1: Prayers for the teacher are appreciated. She is the one that really holds the school together.

I just said a prayer for the principal!

DISDads,

Please say a prayer for my wife. She lost her job a few weeks ago and we need the extra income to save up for a trip to WDW. BTW... I love this thread!!! It's nice to see men that pray!:thumbsup2

DISDads,

Please say a prayer for my wife. She lost her job a few weeks ago and we need the extra income to save up for a trip to WDW. BTW... I love this thread!!! It's nice to see men that pray!:thumbsup2

Praying for your family's needs TDF. Good to see you again. I was wondering if you would like to share your name with us? - Randall

Prayers for your Uncle's recovery and for the teacher in her fight.

It's funny, when I went to school I can remember the principal vaguely, but with DS starting school last year I was floored at the relationship between these kids and their principals now. Hopefully she will have a lot of little prayers heading her way nightly and that much support can't be anything but good!

Another update: He informed one of the employees yesterday after work that he was letting her go. The thing is, they were at the satellite office, which is 50+ miles away. He doesn't pay mileage to drive there, so they carpool. He told her she was being let go as they were walking out of the office and she rode to work with DW yesterday. Needless to say, not a good situation for DW to be in. :headache:

I'm actually encouraging DW to start looking for something else. She's never been really happy working there and the one that was let go was the other one who was willing to take a few less hours and also the one that DW got along with the best. With extra work piling on, and her work friend gone, DW is going to be hating life at work. I can't see where cutting an hourly employee that makes about $12/hour and works less than 40 hours/week is going to save his business either.:confused3

Anyway, thanks for the prayers guys, we're glad DW didn't lose her job, but feel really bad for her friend. If you'd continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, we'd appreciate it.

DISDads,

prayers guys for the job hunts and your uncle andy.
also anyone i may have missed lately. praying everything turns out ok for everyone.

Hi guys,

New to the disdads side of things and really great to see prayer warriors. I have a story to share.

I live in an area where there is about 5000 people and about the same churches over several small communities.

Recently, our pastor left. No major issue, but after 15 years, both he and the congregation needed a change. We have been worried about our small country church of 50 or so worshipers. We have been praying, meeting and praying more. There are also financial issues at play.

Recently, another church had flood that has ruined its facility, so there young pastor approached us for joint services. Our prayers were answered, but there's more..

Hi guys,

New to the disdads side of things and really great to see prayer warriors. I have a story to share.

I live in an area where there is about 5000 people and about the same churches over several small communities.

Recently, our pastor left. No major issue, but after 15 years, both he and the congregation needed a change. We have been worried about our small country church of 50 or so worshipers. We have been praying, meeting and praying more. There are also financial issues at play.

Recently, another church had flood that has ruined its facility, so there young pastor approached us for joint services. Our prayers were answered, but there's more..

Anxious to hear more of this blessing! God does work in mysterious ways!!

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to the DIS and the DIS Dad's board. Just wanted to say how glad I am to see this thread! Lifting up al of the prayer needs I just read and asking God to meet all needs, both spoken and not.

Hi guys,

I also am eager to hear more of the story...popcorn::

Sorry about not following up. I did type it, them must have gotten out of it before submitting (D'oh!) :confused:

First of all, can you say a prayer from my mom? Taken up by ambulance this morning. She has an old neck injury that flared up and she was unable to get up today. Not paralyzed, just too much pain to move. Hoping its related to new meds she's on, which would be a quick fix.

In regards to Pastor R (and I aplogize for the length)...
Reg was working for several years in a church 100+ miles away. Things were going well, goot attendance, etc. He says one day the Lord laid it on his heart to resign that post. He had no idea why and really struggled with it, but the Lord was telling him to go. So within a few days he announced that he was leaving this congregation and gave his 90 days notice. He had no where to go, didn't put out his resume, just knew he needed to go. Immediately the rumors started flying as why would someone just QUIT! The Lord's call, really?! :sad2:

After about 60 days, a call came from a local church (to me and not mine) who was on the verge of closing. Small congregation, no pastor, very little will little money. They had decided that the end of October would be there last service. They then called R and said they heard he was completing his work work and would he be intersted in coming down with a chance that he would get paid little and the church could still close anytime. With that job offer, who could refuse? :rotfl2: he took it to prayer and was led to the community.

That was about 2 years ago. Atendance creeped up enough to sustain him and it grew. SHorthly after, he told his FIL (also a pastor) that he felt he would be uniting with my church specifically. Which was strange since;
a) We're quite aways apart for driving
b) We had a full time pastor who was happy (at the time) and
c) his congregation wasn't interested in leaving their facilty.

Last winter, a freak December storm (something like 8 inches water in 5 hours) caused major flooding, including Pastor R's church. Then as it was drying over the months, bats moved in. A Lot of Bats :scared1: ! As you can guess, its considered condemned.

They have been holding meetings in a local firehall, but not the same.

Recently, our Pastor had been called elsewhere (belive it or not, R's FIL's congregation). We have had our own struggles as well, both financially and an aging congregation. As Deacon's, we sere prayerfuly struggling with what to do to continue on.

Then R calls us and askes about having joined services (until his Church decides what direction to follow). We were elated. This past Sunday, the Church was nearly full 0f Brothers & Sisters worshipping together. It was joyous, and I believe the just the start of something better! :goodvibes

Kids just got sent home from school because of lice outbreak.:headache: Minor in the grand scheme of things but the first time we have ever had to deal with it. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter