The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

Okay very very very excited!! So I am going to WDW in Sept for the Halloween Party, but now my mom wants to get the most out of our Annual Passes and we might be going down in Dec too!!! Our dates would be the 1 to the 8, and our passes expire on the 9th. I really hope this works out because I love Disney at Christmas time!!!:santa:

I had to share here because my husband just thinks I am crazy. :rolleyes1

Okay very very very excited!! So I am going to WDW in Sept for the Halloween Party, but now my mom wants to get the most out of our Annual Passes and we might be going down in Dec too!!! Our dates would be the 1 to the 8, and our passes expire on the 9th. I really hope this works out because I love Disney at Christmas time!!!:santa:

I had to share here because my husband just thinks I am crazy. :rolleyes1

Hey I totally understand. I only show my true Disney obsession here on the Dis with my like minded friends! Lol :rotfl2:

Hey I totally understand. I only show my true Disney obsession here on the Dis with my like minded friends! Lol :rotfl2:

LOL Its feels good to know I am not the only one! :rotfl2: He really does not get it, he will be down in Sept and I am hoping he can catch the bug then but if you ask him he swears it will never happen :rolleyes2

LOL Its feels good to know I am not the only one! :rotfl2: He really does not get it, he will be down in Sept and I am hoping he can catch the bug then but if you ask him he swears it will never happen :rolleyes2

Me too, me too! And every time I go just makes me want to go back more the next time!!

Me too, me too! And every time I go just makes me want to go back more the next time!!

This is why I love the Disboards! Finally people that can relate to a Disney obsession! After I listen to the podcast all I want is more! I swear if I can't be there the next best thing is hearing about it. :lmao:

This is why I love the Disboards! Finally people that can relate to a Disney obsession! After I listen to the podcast all I want is more! I swear if I can't be there the next best thing is hearing about it. :lmao:

I know and my DH loves Disney too and looks forward to going every year. BUT, he doesn't get my obsession of reading the disboards and talking to other people and planning and thinking about planning. It is nice to be here and talk to other people who feel the same way. :goodvibes

I know and my DH loves Disney too and looks forward to going every year. BUT, he doesn't get my obsession of reading the disboards and talking to other people and planning and thinking about planning. It is nice to be here and talk to other people who feel the same way. :goodvibes

That's us! DH enjoys going and is pretty tolerant of my planning and obsession, but definitely doesn't "get it". I have tried to explain that it's like his obsession with mountaineering. He reads, watches videos, creates wish lists of fancy equipment, etc. all day long. While I enjoy going for the occasional hike, it's not something I have any interest in thinking about ahead of time. To each their own, I guess!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone know when the park hours calendar for December will be released? I picked up a version from one of the dining threads http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_December.pdf but it doesn't have the MK hours?

I would be hesitant to use the info from that link just yet. I haven't seen any hours listed on the WDW site (not that they will definitely be the first to have it up), but the site you found also doesn't have candlelight processional listed at all. They list MK EMHs, but not the actual park hours. Looks like a draft in progress from 2013.

I would think we'll see official hours in the next few weeks or so. I usually can't find hours before my 180 day mark, but shortly after. Maybe someone else has a better "in". ;)

Oh I wasn't expecting to set plans in stone based on this schedule (hence the post asking for a better one), but it does give a broad outline.

It does seem a little silly to open up dining reservations when park hours aren't published! :)

FYI: Flights are up for Southwest : goodvibes:

Yay. I've been waiting for flights to come out!

Does anyone know when they usually tape the Christmas parade and how crowded the MK is when they do? We will be down 11/27-12/7 and I'd rather avoid the crowds if we can.

Yay. I've been waiting for flights to come out!

Does anyone know when they usually tape the Christmas parade and how crowded the MK is when they do? We will be down 11/27-12/7 and I'd rather avoid the crowds if we can.

The parade taping is usually the first Friday and Sat of December, from what I have read the crowds on Main St are bad but once you leave that area the park isn't that crowded. I also will try to avoid the park those days.

It does seem a little silly to open up dining reservations when park hours aren't published! :)

I could not agree more... I've always wanted to try an early res at CP, but I know whatever date I choose will suddenly be an early EMH at MK. I just have that kind of luck!

Please post any calendars you find. I usually use:

http://www.undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit/disney-world-crowds-calendar_december-2014.html#disney-opening-hours

and

http://www.easywdw.com/

But, obviously, those are not updated yet.

Its official we are going down in Dec! We will be there from the 1st to the 8th and staying at Saratoga Springs. This is my first time staying onsite since 2007! This trip it will just be me, my mom and my 2 girls who will be 6 and 4. So happy to know I will be going to MVMCP again! :cool1:

When the heck will they release the Early morning hours for December?! Hard to plan ADRs when you don't know which parks open at which times.

I know!! It's so hard to plan dining without knowing the hours for sure. I figure I'll just make the dining reservations that I think work and then if i have to move them around later I will.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Guess who just booked a trip!!!!

:cool1:

Now lets hope we dont have to cancel it. :goodvibes

Arrival, Dec 20th. Resort: Coranado Springs

Countdown, 215 days!

Time for planner extraordinaire to get started! :surfweb:

First stop, ticker time.

I booked a trip last night for Coronado Springs 12/12-12/21. SO EXCITED!!!

Was planning on an offsite January 2015 trip but when I heard about free dining I switched plans in a few hours and got it booked before I missed out!

Been to WDW 8 times but I have never stayed on site, never had DDP. So I'm through the roof excited. Also this will be for my 20th Anniversary and we are surprising our 6 & 14 (at the time) year olds for the first time!! :cheer2: And we went to WDW for our honeymoon so it just feels so perfect.

With Free Dining I am saving $600 from my budget and staying on site with all the perks that come with it. :cool1:

I know!! It's so hard to plan dining without knowing the hours for sure. I figure I'll just make the dining reservations that I think work and then if i have to move them around later I will.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My most recent trips 2012 and 2011 I was able to get times a few days before ADR time. So unless something has changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter